Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Lambert & Holt Leaving = Good

If they have lost the hunger and desire then it is time for them to move on.

For the last three years it has been hunger and desire that has pushed us on. We have been built on hunger and desire, it has been the passion to prove a point that has achieved us success.

It was the same hunger which got us into Europe under Mike Walker.

Lambert bottled it. He couldn''t see how he could take us any further, he was scared of stagnation, of mere consolidation.

That isn''t testimony to our club, our squad, our CEO, it was a lack of faith.

Lambert gave us three great years. Now we just need to get somebody with that same steely determination, a man who can make a players scrap and fight and achieve against all odds. A man who can man-manage, get the best out of what he is given.

There is no better candidate for me than Malky Mackay. I''ve come to that realization today. He is a winner, he is the Lambert of 18 months ago, failure isn''t an option with him.

The players will take to Mackay, anybody who doesn''t can leave the club.

This club is so much more than Lambert and Holt. It wasn''t two years ago, we wouldn''t have done it without them.

Our clubs is also about Johnny Howson, about Anthony Pilkington, about Wes Hoolahan, about Ryan Bennett, about Daniel Ayala, about Marc Tierney, about Andrew Surman, about Simeon Jackson.

We still have a fantastic group of players, players who haven''t attempted to leave the club, players who still want to wear the shirt with pride, still want to pull on the yellow and green, still want to win for us.

The sooner that Lambert and Holt leave the better, both of them, thank them for what they have done and then forget about them.

Even without Holt we have the best team that we have had for many years. Lambert has left us in good condition, the next man gets a good squad, he gets money to spend, and there is every possibility if we get the right man in that we could finish next season with a better team than we have now.

£5m for Holt and we could have £20m to invest in the team, as far as I''m concerned this is just the start.

If we get the right man. For me, the right man is Mackay.

Step up Malky Mackay.

Good post. I agree with everything you say except: Malky. As much as I liked him as a player, I''m not convinced he''s the right guy to manage us. However, I will happily be proved otherwise should he end up being our man.

Why is everyone so keen on Malky? If he wasn''t ex Norwich would he really be a contender? Don''t think so.

Chris Hughton for me.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Why is everyone so keen on Malky? If he wasn''t ex Norwich would he really be a contender? Don''t think so.

Chris Hughton for me.[/quote]

hes my choice despite being an ex-player, Malkay has had a better season than Hughton, 1 point difference in the league and a wembly final lost on penalties. Just because of grant and gunn everyone now thinks anyone who has played for norwich should be ruled out?

Yeah ! Malkay is great !! If you want us to become a hoofball team ............did you watch the Cardiff play off game ? F*** ME !!

We have some real footballers here at our club ,,, we need a manager who instills the play out from the back methods.

I would have taken issue with Jas a short while ago .. ( but  could not log in for the last couple of days) he suggested that we would all be happy with staying in the EPL , no matter how it was achieved ! I dont believe this is the case with  a majority of fans that I know, and that is why  for me ......Malky .... you''re fired ( obviously hypothetical as he has  not  got the job anyway )

Disagree. Birmingham are in a total mess financially. Cardiff have money. Hughton much better tactically too. I really don''t want Malky. Nice bloke but no. At least Hughton has managed in the Premiership and done so very well. He''s also won the Championship with Newcastle too. They were the best team by a mile but he still had to go and win it.

So yeah, massively disagree that Malky has had a better season. Hughton, with Birmingham''s owner having his assets frozen, has been working against the tide. For me, he''s the outstanding candidate.

Barclay seats - Its been said quite a few times in different threads but.. Malkay is not hoofball, if you wish to base your opinion on one game fine and secondly, Norwich City played more long balls last season than any other premiership team and yes that includes Stoke.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Disagree. Birmingham are in a total mess financially. Cardiff have money. Hughton much better tactically too. I really don''t want Malky. Nice bloke but no. At least Hughton has managed in the Premiership and done so very well. He''s also won the Championship with Newcastle too. They were the best team by a mile but he still had to go and win it.

So yeah, massively disagree that Malky has had a better season. Hughton, with Birmingham''s owner having his assets frozen, has been working against the tide. For me, he''s the outstanding candidate.[/quote]

Cardiff''s team were torn apart following Jones failed attempt at buying his way out of the championship. On paper the difference between the cardiff team and the birmingham team was minimal, in my opinion of course.

Just think Hughton has more experience. Malky would be a massive risk and one that would be appointed because of his NCFC connection and not his management skills.

I will agree with you on the experience side, and im not saying that I wouldnt be happy with hughton, I would, just trying to give a balanced view on Malkay as I think there are alot of people really against him and cant see why. He will manage in the premiership soon, with or without us.

Agree with that. Would like to see him actually get a team promoted first, which he hasn''t done yet in his short career, so he hasn''t achieved masses yet, or enough to warrant a Prem job.

Hughton, in my opinion, has.

And don''t forget that Hughton also has some Europa League experience now too - which is a goal which NCFC should surely be shooting for in the longer term. Hughton for me too. He''s a steady pair of hands that can build on the great foundation which we now have.

People are showing how little they know about Cardiff and Malky Mackay here.

When Malky took over they had lost 12 players and he was charged with rebuilding the team, most Cardiff fans were dreading the season and expected mid-table at best.

Contrary to "having money", they were actually forced to trim the wage bill.

One of the players that they lost was Craig Bellamy. In fact, anybody who says that Cardiff "have money" after they almost went into administration 18 months ago has to be a bit thick.

They also lost Jay Bothroyd, Chris Burke, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Jason Koumas, and Seyi Olofinjana.

He didn''t have money for transfer fees, he had to sign free agents. Here are his signings to replace the 12 players that the club lost:

Rob Earnshaw (Free)

Andrew Taylor (Free)

Craig Conway (Free)

Don Cowie (Free)

Aron Gunnarson (Free)

Rudy Gestede (Free)

Filip Kiss (Loan)

Kenny Miller (£800k)

Ben Turner (£750k)

Joe Mason (£250k)

It is well worth pointing out that Cowie, Gunnarson, and Earnshaw are ALL players who like the ball played on the floor, to answer accusations of ''hoofball''.

It is incredible considering the circumstances, losing six or seven first team players including the top scorer Bothroyd, that Malky managed to get them into the top 6 in a season when the league was probably tougher than it was when we got promoted.

Cardiff fans expected mid-table, he signed a bunch of free players, and guided them to 6th.

I''m sure he can be excused a bit of hoofball in the play-off final after getting their against all odds.

Cardiff have been forced to slash the wage bill after their Bellamy gambled backfired.... they were skint before they signed Bellamy.... the were well and truly f''d afterwards.

Prior to Cardiff Malky achieved mid-table at Watford playing 17 and 18 year olds from the youth team, they were dead certs for relegation.

He has over-achieved at two skint clubs.