Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

What if Lambert doesn't like Villa?

If he doesn''t agree terms with Villa, what will happen?Surely he couldn''t stay?

Well it seems pretty certain that he is leaving, considering we have already started looking for a new manager. All terms seem to be agreed apart from compensation between the clubs. The quicker he goes, the better.

He has to like Villa, thats pretty much it.  Otherwise, could be off to WBA but its highly unlikely. 

To be honest, I wouldn''t want him here if changed his mind. 

I wonder if McNally basically said "if you want to talk to Villa then you are gone from Norwich." You would imagine there was already a good indication of what Lambert was to be offered by Villa at this stage.

If so, even if he can''t agree a deal, we will continue to pay his wages until he finds a new job I imagine. It''s pretty certain McNally (and probably everyone else) won''t have him back again.

His position here is untenable. There is no way back now. In my opinion neither he or Grant Holt will represent Norwich in a competitive fixture again.

He nailed his colours to the mast and there''s no turning back now, he either takes the Villa job or another vacancy, he wont be back at Norwich, we''d be a laughing stock.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

If your GF cheats on you, do you take her back? No you dump her & go sh$g as many of her freinds as possible.

[/quote]

Taking that analogy to a slightly deeper level as well. Surely any trust and respect between the players and the manager would be gone as well. After all he was prepared to ditch players like Howson when Lambert was certainly a massive factor involved in him coming to the club.

McNally totally ignored the question from the SSN reporter - Lambert''s not coming back.  Still don''t think its a done deal for him at Villa though.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

If your GF cheats on you, do you take her back? No you dump her & go sh$g as many of her freinds as possible.

[/quote]

But if you know you had been punching above your weight, you might be tempted to keep her... I wouldn''t, but it does happen. If it were me, i''d probs ''keep'' her, shag a complete munter, preferrably one she doesn''t like and then film it for her to watch :P

Show him the door, we can''t possibly conceive keeping him after this the trust is gone, we need to get a manager who wants to be here

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

But if you know you had been punching above your weight, you might be tempted to keep her... I wouldn''t, but it does happen. If it were me, i''d probs ''keep'' her, shag a complete munter, preferrably one she doesn''t like and then film it for her to watch :P

[/quote]

It won''t take him long to notice the smell from the gasworks in the north wind, But myself being an ex Brummie I can honestly say he''s a bigger pratt than I thought he was, apart from the gas he will notice the Black country pong during working hours,  

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Has this actually happened!!!  

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Has this actually happened!!!  

[/quote]

Does this mean we should be appointing Paul Jewell given his experience in this field?

Probably all agreed in principle over a week ago hence him giving in his notice which he wouldnt have done before he found out what was on offer.

Also explains how angry he got with Stuart Jarrold who obviously knew something was going on.

I''m gratefull for what he did for us, but the way he''s left leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Probably all agreed in principle over a week ago hence him giving in his notice which he wouldnt have done before he found out what was on offer.

Also explains how angry he got with Stuart Jarrold who obviously knew something was going on.

I''m gratefull for what he did for us, but the way he''s left leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

[/quote]
Would this not have been seen as tapping him up?

[quote user="Notts Canary"]Show him the door, we can''t possibly conceive keeping him after this the trust is gone, we need to get a manager who wants to be here[/quote]

why does he have a low sperm count ?

I think as I.S. and a couple of others have said that the deal was pretty much on the table, Lamberts people will have been talking to Villa for a couple of weeks or so and known what was going to be offered. I''m assuming it''s not tapping up if it''s only his representatives involved?! Onwards and Upwards!! Otbc.

Then that will be tough shit. He will have to learn to love Randy Lerner as he continues on his quest to debuild the Villa.