Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Wheelie

Could we get him back? I was seriously impressed with him in his last few games. He''ll never score as many as Holt, but as a big, battling forward (with more skill than you''d think), fully committed, giving his all - & a thoroughly decent chap as well - he is a bloody useful option to have around.

The more I think about it the more I think we should have kept him.

[quote user="Mark Fotheringham City Legend"]No.

He did a good job, but he would never score more than 5 goals in a season.

Would rather have Morison and Vaughan up front.[/quote]

Definitely think Morison will be one of the main men next season. Hopefully we can sign another player of a similar style with the Holty money.

[quote user="Mark Fotheringham City Legend"]No.

He did a good job, but he would never score more than 5 goals in a season.

Would rather have Morison and Vaughan up front.[/quote]

Yes, I''d rather have those two. But if Moro is injured/knackered/badly off form he could do a very useful job. He''d be cheap & has a great attitude - rather better than Moro''s, I suspect. In a strange way I think he''s similar to Simeon ; does his best, no ego, plays for the team & makes a nuisance of himself with the opposition, & thus plays a greater part in creating goals than he is given credit for.

I think you''d have to look very hard to find better value for money.

Bugger! I tried to implement that tinyurl chromespoofer thingy but it hasn''t worked. I have to say I couldn''t read the screenshot very well & obviously guessed wrong.

Anybody got an instruction set in decent sized type?

No thank you, he was a loyal servant, who served us well for what he was here to do. But a replacement for Holt he is not. If we''re going to replace Holt with a cheapie we need it to be young and hungry.In other news SSN reported Wilbrahams release as a Midfielder.

Where did I cite him as a replacement for Holt? I''m citing him as a damn useful, cheap, reliable squad player. We may well not be able to replace Holt like-for-like, but end up with another Vaughan like (hopefully less injury prone) goal scorer, who. in some situations might find Wheelie a useful foil.

Nothing is certain in football, as in life, & it would be a very small risk indeed.