Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Chris Hughton

Sorry if this has been posted before. However, I''ve been speaking about Chris on another thread and just wondered what other people''s opinions were of him.

For me, I think he''s the outstanding candidate for the Norwich job. I don''t understand all the backing for Malky.

Hughton has been working against the tide all season at Birmingham. They are in a financial mess but he still managed to get them into the play-off''s. The owner of Birmingham has had his assets frozen so the club is effectively working without a major source of income.

Plus, he''s won the Championship. Newcastle were the best team by far that year but he still had to go and win it. He managed Newcastle very well in the Premiership but was unfairly sacked. Plus, kept his opinions to himself after the sacking which I thought was admirably considering the way Mike Ashley treated him.

I think he''s very good tactically too. A decent man who we could back for the long term. Someone like Lambert was looking for success as quickly as possible with Norwich so he could hurry up and get a better offer. I think someone like Hughton would be prepared to build for many years to come.

I agree totally  ... I think he is my  first choice .................never Malkay ,,,, he was a legend , let him stay a legend . The other manager I would have some interest in would be Gus poyet ,, he has achieved some success with little or no  money , done his apprenticeship so to speak .

Hughton is tactically better than Holloway IMO.

I look back at Blackpool''s season in the Prem and they should''ve stayed up considering the amount of home games against beatable teams they had towards the end of the season. They lost to Bolton and Wigan at home in consecutive weeks during last month of season. That isn''t good.

Holloway piles his players forward leaving defence exposed time and time against. Yes, it''s exciting, but you''ll get found out quickly and often beaten convincingly.

Hughton would not have gone down with Newcastle had he been allowed to continue in Prem. They were doing really well and had just beaten Sunderland 5-1 at home from memory.

Definitely agree. I would like Hughton as manager next. Then maybe Gus or Holloway and Malky after, but we should go all out for Hughton! Maybe he can bring Nathan Redmond

i know he has no experience, but why not karl robinson? young, plays gd football, up and coming.

I don''t think there would be many opposed to Hughton; I do see why people like Malky, though - if Hughton did wonders this season at Brum, then you''d have to say so did Malky at Cardiff (play offs + cup final with meagre resources). Indeed,I''d be fairly happy with any of the playoff losers.

Hughton''s my top choice as well. His achievement of getting Birimingham in the playoffs is even more significant when you factor in the fact they''ve had a Europa League campaign to deal with (meaning a total of about 55-ish games in a season).