Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Let Holt rot in the reserves

You have been working your way up the ladder of your job for a certain number of time.

Everyone in the office loves you, you''re a personality and most people in the job respect you.

You only have a few years left before retirement steps in.

A new, larger company offer you a larger office, with double the salary, think of all the benefits it could have to your kids/wife/lifestyle.

Grant Holt is just trying to do what''s best for himself and his family.

I will respect him no matter what.

WFLGH

Very simplistic idea, (bear in mind footballers wages) but it is the WAY it has transpired over the last couple of weeks that is the problem

I certainly wouldn''t go on Twitter and publically announce that I had fallen out with my workmates and was leaving my current job. And if I did I certainly wouldn''t expect to be respected by those paying my wages.

My respect for Grant Holt is rapidly declining.

[quote user="Mark Fotheringham City Legend"]You have been working your way up the ladder of your job for a certain number of time. Everyone in the office loves you, you''re a personality and most people in the job respect you. You only have a few years left before retirement steps in. A new, larger company offer you a larger office, with double the salary, think of all the benefits it could have to your kids/wife/lifestyle. Grant Holt is just trying to do what''s best for himself and his family. I will respect him no matter what. WFLGH[/quote]

Retirement? He''s not bloody 65! Nothing to stop footballers getting jobs like the people who have been paying their obscene wages for the whole careers is there? Or are they above that?

[quote user="Aggy"]I don''t think it will come to that. If we don''t get an offer that suits us, then I don''t think Holt will sulk. He knows as well as us that if he doesn''t move this summer, he needs to continue playing premiership football and looking good if he is ever to get anything like a last big money deal.

If he rots in the reserves he''s going in a years time. As you say, he''d be 32, with only one decent season in the prem behind him, nobody is going to offer him huge wages. Therefore, if he doesn''t go this summer, then I think he''ll want to be playing in the side and proving a point. He hasn''t got to like whoever it is he has "had a disagreement" with, he''s just got to put the ball in the back of the net. I''d still support him if he puts 15 away for us next season regardless of whether he''s still saying he wants to leave or not.[/quote]Aggy has talked the most sense on this thread, the above pretty much sums up what i think - unless we get a stupidly large offer we are not going to be able to replace Holt at the price we are likely to sell him, and with two years on his contract i think he may be staying and if he does stay he''s going to perform as best he can, either to work a january move or because he wants to feel loved again by city fans or just because that''s his character, he wont go on the pitch without ever giving 100%, even if he did want out.i honestly think it will take closer to 7-8M for the board to sell him, think McNally pretty much told other clubs today that we will need to be offered silly money, but perhaps if one of the big clubs want to take a gamble we could well receive the sort of fee Crouch was sold for to Stoke.

If he can''t invest/look after £15-20k a week then I''m not sure he deserves a job after he retires. I agree we need to get the most money possible for him though and I like McNally''s stance, which is probably just his way of maximising that return

What a shame it has all come to this. I can''t remember a more idolised player in 50 years as a City fan and now it''s all turned to dust.I can understand the sentiments and maybe he deserves everything he gets from City from now on.

I do wish this board was moderated, to instantly remove idiotic posts, like this one.

McNally should ask a silly price for Holt say £7-8 million and he should continue to be considered for selection. If he refuses fine him a weeks wages.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]The once iconic Holt is fast losing his credibility at this club. The club is in the middle of a major cricis trying to resolve the managerial situation and all he can do is add pressure tweeting that he wants to go for more cash. He needs to wake up and smell the coffea. He has 2 years on his contract and if he does not wish to play for us then he can rot in the reserves. sometimes a club has to have a line in the sand and make a point we cannot have him being seen to exploit a difficult situation for his own ends weakness here and we could have anarchy. We are not the richest club in the country but neither the poorestand we can stand him playing with the reserves until he comes to his senses or the end of his contract by which time noone will want a 33 year old who has been trouble[/quote]

Vindictive, nasty and spiteful......gets my vote. [Y]