Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Grant Holt reveals wish to leave Norwich City

[quote user="87canary"]Surely this is just reiterating that he handed in his transfer request do to a disagreement

not over money, falling out with lambert etc.?[/quote]

Urrrm nope could have been a disagreement over money in fact quite possibly is but you and I may never know the facts...

Can anyone else that doesn''t want to be here just f*** off now!!......I should be thankful for what Lambert and Holt have done but right now I''m pi*sed off with people treating our club like this and taking the pi*s out of us all. If they both come back here with Villa next season I hope we bloody slaughter them.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

Something tells me this won''t be the final transfer request.

Have we seen the last of Pilkington/Howson/Hoolahan/Ruddy ... whatever McNally says?

It seems so so cruel that by over achieving we have to unravel so fast.

I really hoped that we could emulate Stoke City and go from strength to strength but for some reason this doesn''t seem possible.

[/quote]

I cant see a mass exodus personally, plus villa have players in their ranks already that are just as good as the above mentioned it''s just that they were being managed incorrectly. But then again????????????

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Loopzilla"][quote user="morty"]And cue various idiots slagging him off, forgetting the vital goals he scored for us, and the three player of the season awards.I''d rather keep him, but every cloud has a silver lining, and now might be a good time to turn a profit on him.[/quote]
I see your point Morty, but to be honest, I''ll be more able to look at things objectively once the emotions have settled down...but right now it is a double whammy and he can f*** right off! [:@]
[/quote]I couldn''t be less surprised at this really, but no, his timing isn''t great, is it?Social media can be a double edged sword, and perhaps it would have been better if he had just got something sorted and left quietly.[/quote]
What worries me is this will have a very unsettling effect on the rest of the squad. In the space of two days it looks like we''re going to lose the manager, the captain and club talisman/goal-scorer. What next? 
We certainly don''t want to hang on to anyone who simply doesn''t want to be here - but how deep does this go?

[quote user="dpit"]Blooming heck. Probably for the best though. As i''ve said before, now maybe the best time to cash in on Holt. I feel he has overachieved (probably largely due to Lambo''s influence) and if we can get 3-4 million for him it may well be seen as a good deal in the long run. Main issue now is that we have a large vacuum developing which we need to fill as soon as possible if we want to be ready for next season.

Two more things:

City First, what do you have to say on all this, does the fact that this is all transpiring still make me a Binner and a naysayer or are you willing to apologise for your verbal attacks?

Grant Holt should employ a proof reader for how tweets.[/quote]haha don''t hold your breath! [Y]

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

Have we seen the last of Pilkington/Howson/Hoolahan/Ruddy ... whatever McNally says?

I really hoped that we could emulate Stoke City and go from strength to strength but for some reason this doesn''t seem possible.

[/quote]
This^^^

[quote user="Loopzilla"][quote user="morty"]And cue various idiots slagging him off, forgetting the vital goals he scored for us, and the three player of the season awards.I''d rather keep him, but every cloud has a silver lining, and now might be a good time to turn a profit on him.[/quote]
I see your point Morty, but to be honest, I''ll be more able to look at things objectively once the emotions have settled down...but right now it is a double whammy and he can f*** right off! [:@]
[/quote]I guess for some people from North of the border it is more a case of stars in your eyes celebrity "I''m a good guy appeal" than NCFC being more important than someone with ideas way above their station.I personally can''t wait to see Holt flop wherever he goes next season.

So if Lambert is off, and his "disagreements" therefore don''t seem related to be a bust up with lambert/slash not being picked enough to get in the England squad. Unless anyone can think of anything else, the obvious thing is he thinks the club don''t pay him enough. So why dress it up differently? I suppose the other possibility is he is fallen out with another player/member of staff remaining at the club. Either way, shit timing again Grant, you''ve got plenty of summer left to engineer a move.

[quote user="Proper Charlie"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]

I cant see a mass exodus personally, plus villa have players in their ranks already that are just as good as the above mentioned it''s just that they were being managed incorrectly. But then again????????????

[/quote]Me neither. I think that this will be the end of it. Onwards and upwards hey?

[quote user="mrdi"] Exactly. "Due to disagreements" just smacks of the spoilt child threatening to divorce his parents because they won''t let him out to play[/quote]I suspect there are genuine disagreements, and all parties are attempting to remain proffessional by not airing their dirty linen in public.As discussed elsewhere, it seems to be that it''s either a clash of big personalities (perhaps McNally v Lambert & Holt).The two of them have been awesome for the club, but ncfc is looking for financial stability and long term security, which appears to conflict with the footballing ambitions of Lambert (and potentially Holt).I''d prefer it that Holt says ''"disagreements" rather than going around saying "they lied to me, and won''t pay me what I''m due." What impression would that give to our potential replacements...

[quote user="Proper Charlie"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

On the plus side, so many rapid changes to the Villa squad could really hit their team spirit and work against them !! 

The board need to wake up and sort this sh!t out NOW! Nobody worth signing is going to want to join us with all this crap that keeps going on. Lets face it something dodgy is going on, personally I can''t believe its not about money because what else could the board have a falling out with him about? Wilbraham being released? Something along those lines? Was Holt not happy about the transfer budget? Sort it out quick, or at least tell us wtf is going on!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Well hasn''t this just been a wonderful 48 hours.

Feels a bit like the wheels are coming off doesn''t it.

[/quote]It''ll be fine, if handled correctly.The most important thing is appointing a new manager, fast!

[quote user="Lammy"][quote user="Loopzilla"][quote user="morty"]And cue various idiots slagging him off, forgetting the vital goals he scored for us, and the three player of the season awards.I''d rather keep him, but every cloud has a silver lining, and now might be a good time to turn a profit on him.[/quote]
[/quote]I guess for some people from North of the border it is more a case of stars in your eyes celebrity "I''m a good guy appeal" than NCFC being more important than someone with ideas way above their station.I personally can''t wait to see Holt flop wherever he goes next season.[/quote]
Same here...yes they (along with the rest of the squad) have been heroes in the last 3 years, but right now it is too raw for me to wish him/them well. Gutted. 
It feels like the heart has been ripped out.

I am sorry to post this but I am absolutely livid about the way they both have gone about there business. Very, very un-professional. I thought they were meant to be professional sport man. Do they honestly think they are bigger than a premier league football club. If I was another manager or chairman I would be very loathe to employee people like Holt and Lambert who go about there business in this manner however good they may be. Norwich City Football Club should also enforce a ban to stop people within the club using the internet to relay messages to the public about what is going on - it just does not help. In my profession I know if I acted in the same way as either Holt or Lambert have over recent days/weeks I would have been shown the door and that would have been the end of it. They just do not know how good they have got it at the moment. Hope it back fires on both of them. Sorry for the negative post but I am fuming.

Well sod off then. You are never going get better and your England career would have been as long as Wayne Rooneys suspension. Like Lambert, your place as a Norwich City legend is over. Sour grapes, yes.

I''m sad, not angry with them.They''re not Norwich fans. They uprooted their lives to come here and delivered great success. They don''t owe us anything.I''ll be sad to see them in another teams colours [:(]

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]I know if I acted in the same way as either Holt or Lambert have over recent days/weeks I would have been shown the door . [/quote]Sorry to be pedantic but isn''t this just exactly what the GH and PL are trying to engineer?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Well hasn''t this just been a wonderful 48 hours.

Feels a bit like the wheels are coming off doesn''t it.

[/quote]

To use another metaphor, somebody needs to take a firm hold of the tiller and steer the good ship Canary away from the rocks.

[quote user="Paul Hugh"][quote user="Yellow Green Army"]I know if I acted in the same way as either Holt or Lambert have over recent days/weeks I would have been shown the door . [/quote]Sorry to be pedantic but isn''t this just exactly what the GH and PL are trying to engineer?[/quote]
[:D]

I also like how tactifully Holt did this, on the same morning as Retweeting a photo from a City fan whose girlfriend bought him a ''Holt 9'' home shirt for his birthday (today). Bag of spanners.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

Just to stop the rumour mill again. I

have expressed to the board and the CEO that I want to leave the

football club. Due to disagreements

[/quote]I have it on good authority that this disagreement is that he wanted to go to Rangers and we wouldn''t let him. He wants out as he wants more cash and if possible a move to Rangers once their embargo is lifted. Don''t believe all the BS about fights and stuff. Holt''s head was massively turned by Rangers, and his agent has been doing his upmost ever since. I don''t think it is any more exciting than that folks. Football is full of greedy players and managers, and in my opinion that includes Holt and Lambert. I fully respect all they''ve done for the club, but I think both have totally forgotten or cast aside in their mind what Norwich has done for them.