Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Grant Holt reveals wish to leave Norwich City

Lambo''s post match ramblings do seem a bit patronising and detached when I think about them now. I wouldn''t be a bit surprised if he hasn''t been planning his ascent up the career ladder from his first match in charge at Carrow Road.

I refused to get caught up in the Lambert speculation.

But as that did me no good, excuse me while I run around my office flailing my arms and crying.

Thanks Lambert, it was always going to happen, he probably feels he has taken us as far as he can with the budgets he had to work with, he is doing to us what we made him do to CUFC. What goes around come around.

Holt on the other hand is a greedy little $%it, don''t let him go, let him rot, make him train on his own, this a bloke that was idolised, he ''s just like all the rest of football, he would do well to be reminded where he was and where his career was going before we bought him.

So long Lambert, FO Holt you greedy wa%&3R.

To be honest I think Holt has peaked in his career and now is a good time to cash in anyway, we do not have to sell so lets just make sure we get a good deal for him.

Thanks for your time here but I think it''s probably for the best in the end.

If Holt leaves to Villa with PL that would be a joke.However I can see why they would leave .... both have nothing to gain now at Norwich as we cannot match wages elsewhere to to standard they have proved they can play / manage at. Gutted about Lambert .... not so much Holt. Doubt Holt will score 15 goals again in a prem season.

[quote user="Farewell Lambo"]Lambo''s post match ramblings do seem a bit patronising and detached when I think about them now. I wouldn''t be a bit surprised if he hasn''t been planning his ascent up the career ladder from his first match in charge at Carrow Road.[/quote]Oh course he has. Until we have greater financial clout I fear Norwich (with or without Lambert) have gone as far as possible. No doubt Lambert thought he has taken Norwich as far as he could.

Its the world of ffotball and business, if you wanted a payrise and to join a bigger company you would leave. Im gutted they will be leaving but its their familys who will benifit from the extra wages, thanks for everything, now piss off grant and paul

Is it just me, or does anyone indeed respect GH more after his tweets? I mean it was apparent he wanted to leave, and instead of waiting for the club to make another statement he told the fans himself. Not a lot of people would have the bollocks to do that.

Thanks for the three years Grant. Good luck, please don''t score against us.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Can anyone else that doesn''t want to be here just f*** off now!!......I should be thankful for what Lambert and Holt have done but right now I''m pi*sed off with people treating our club like this and taking the pi*s out of us all. If they both come back here with Villa next season I hope we bloody slaughter them.[/quote]

Well said that man. I love my football club and all players and staff need to start treating us with some f**king respect. Why hasn''t lambert made some sort of statement other than ''offering'' is resignation. Yes I know it''s a business, he''s an employee blah blah blah but it''s not that simple. He himself has gone on and on and ON about how it''s all about the players and fans - well then bloody well start thinking about us for a minute then.

And now holt has decided its a good idea to tweet that he wants to leave....really can''t find the words to describe how that makes me feel for a player I''ve worshipped for 3 years. What''s next, someone going on a question of sport and making an announcement he''s had a bit of a tiff with the kit man and wants out as the big boys keep picking on him in the playground.

Stop turning my club into a laughing stock, treat your employers (remember, the ones that took you from league 1 obscurity) with the respect they deserve and then simply get lost.

They are not a disgrace, this thread is a disgrace.  They do a job.  They both came in, did a f***ing fantastic job both surpassing everyones expectations by some distance, and now they have decided to move on.  Fair enough.  Make no mistake without those two we would still be in League One.

Dear all

Long time voyeur here but felt I needed to say something in the face of all the anger on the board.

We are NCFC fans and that is for life.

However we must resist the temptation to judge players and managers by our standards of loyalty. Lamber and Holt are professionals who have done well by the club and clearly like it but their primary responsibility is to provide for their families.

I expect a far few of you have jobs and will be loyal to your companies to varying degrees (given how many of us are on here during the working day I might question all of our work ethics!) but outside of those who own or have a share of a business, how many of you can say you would ignore overtures from other employers or look to better yourself (wage, prospects, conditions) if the opportunity arose?

I love my family and expect much more from them in terms of loyalty than my cleaning lady or the man who comes to fix my roof.

We are all disappointed but let''s not allow this to spill over into anger and abuse - we are better than that. The club will move onwards and upwards.

OTBC

Well, its nice of him to say because the club weren''t in a hurry but I don''t think it took much balls, I mean come on, it was to be expected anyway, he wasn''t going to say he hated every single minute of being at the club.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="mrdi"]Something that concerns me is all may not be rosy behind the scenes... both club captain and manager leaving voluntarily in the same pre-season, not good signs.   [/quote]I think that''s quite clear. Would be nice if people actually gave some reasoning though, rather than "disagreements". I personally think if he can''t explain his actions then he should not be commenting on them, especially not on Twitter. Hardly stopping the rumour mill by posting on there is it?![/quote][Y]  ISReckon that goes to show there was more behind him wanting to leave the other week apart from money

Blimey.Looks like my source was half right anyway. A couple of weeks ago, I was told by my 7 year old that when Grant Holt leaves, we''ll be signing none other than Wayne Rooney.Well, you never know...

i smell a huge rat here... something is awry...I have no idea what was discussed in meetings but our captain and star striker hands in a transfer request just days after Alex Mcleish is Sacked... days later our manager gets annoyed when questioned by a journalist who seemed to know more than he was letting on...The manager then leaves and Grant Holt says "disagreements" are the reason he wants to leave.... If there are disagreements then its with Grant and the board... Grant and another player... or its all been one big collusion...Ruddy has come out next and praised Lambert in the papers.....the sooner we get another manager the better... Grant Holt can Sod off for all i care, we will get someone Younger and, more importantly, BETTER in...

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Can anyone else that doesn''t want to be here just f*** off now!!......I should be thankful for what Lambert and Holt have done but right now I''m pi*sed off with people treating our club like this and taking the pi*s out of us all. If they both come back here with Villa next season I hope we bloody slaughter them.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more.  They have served us well, but have both shown themselves to be complete merceneries.  To be honest though I have never felt that either of them were Norwich through and through.  Lambert always talked about them not us.  Holt was a right miserable git when I met him and couldn''t be bothered with the fans.

My view is that Holt will fail at his new club (Villa?) and rue the day he ever left, but sure he will have a few more quid in his pocket. 

As for Lambert, he is third/fourth choice at Villa and was never considered for a big job like Liverpool.  He is 42 years old and should have stayed at Norwich for another couple of years (unless he was worried he couldn''t continue the success?).

Do I want them to fail spectacularly at their new clubs? Hell yeah.  Maybe Villa will be the replacement for the Scum games. 

why don''t you just f*** off to Carlisle then Holt!! You were my idol but I am disgusted that this is done on Twitter!! Should be stripped of the club captaincy and made to train with youths when pre season starts and rot for the last 2 years of your contract!!!! As people can guess from this comment I am extremely peed off with this!!!!

[quote user="AndyTGT"]They are not a disgrace, this thread is a disgrace.  They do a job.  They both came in, did a f***ing fantastic job both surpassing everyones expectations by some distance, and now they have decided to move on.  Fair enough.  Make no mistake without those two we would still be in League One.[/quote]10/10[*]Thank God someone on here is acting like an adult and saying it how it is.Without PL and GH we would still be a laughing stock and administration a reality rather than a well founded rumour.

Thanks for 3 wonderful years and all the memories Grant....
But I still hope Tierney snaps your legs next season. Both of them. 

The Rangers thing sort of makes sense, but would make a lot more sense if they weren''t in the financial state they were, and remain in.

How did GH think Rangers could have paid for him or paid anything like the wages he is on now, let alone what he might want!

Their players are all on minimum cost release clauses now-still, guess he could have had a few months with them and then got another move.

His agents said it related to something that happened in January-the thought has been for some it was Howson coming in on better wages.

And yes, he has done a lot for the club-can''t be denied-but its no good him and his agent banging on about things not being right or professional when he then sees fit to make his discontent clear via fucking Twitter. VERY professional.

Plus, if we get the 12 month clause that Villa can''t sign any of our players in that time, he''ll be buggered for that option as well.

seems as if either something is wrong behind the scenes, or someone (Villa) tapped both of them up.anyway, looks like holt and lambert will be off. bit stupid of holt to say it on twitter and then not say what the disagreements are. hopefully we wont let them go cheap and buy a decent striker. we''ve got the three best years of Holts career without a doubt. he''l soon realise other fans wont hold him in such esteem as we did though.

the only person that tapped up grant holt is paul lambert. none of this is a shock, we will probably see fox join holt and lambert at villa as well, lambert will do to norwich what he did to colchester. In a few years he will do to Villa what he is doing to us (something to take a little comfort in ;) )the one thing norwich must do is hold villa to ransom if they want holt, if they dont pay excessively and grant doesnt like it and gets his knickers in a twist then he should be left to rot in the reserve team

If all this has taught me anything, it''s how special a player Adam Drury is and the very reason he deserved his testimonial match. Thats how you conduct yourself and be professional. Holt is entitled to ask for a transfer and Lambert is entitled to resign and take another job but there''s a way and means about going about it. Should have all been done behind closed doors, looks like bloody parents arguing on the lines of a kids match, while the biggest kid strops about saying "i want everyone to know i''m the bestest player".

Swansea have just seen their manager depart to pastures new.....But, the way they are conducting themselves is commendable, compared to what is occuring at Carrow Road.

Still, life goes on, people come and go......They are after all, just badge kissin'' money mercenaries.....and should take a leaf out of loyal servant Adam Drury. A model and loyal professional footballer with honesty and integrity. Not many of them about, is there?

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

Just to stop the rumour mill again. I

have expressed to the board and the CEO that I want to leave the

football club. Due to disagreements

[/quote]I have it on good authority that this disagreement is that he wanted to go to Rangers and we wouldn''t let him. He wants out as he wants more cash and if possible a move to Rangers once their embargo is lifted. Don''t believe all the BS about fights and stuff. Holt''s head was massively turned by Rangers, and his agent has been doing his upmost ever since. I don''t think it is any more exciting than that folks. Football is full of greedy players and managers, and in my opinion that includes Holt and Lambert. I fully respect all they''ve done for the club, but I think both have totally forgotten or cast aside in their mind what Norwich has done for them. [/quote]

Spot on, lets be honest Footballers are in the main greedy thickpo o''s

Do let me know if you need any help with packing your bags Holt or if you need a lift to the Midlands, just ask.

Whatever was he thinking of, captain of this great club telling fans on twitter that he wants to leave, how unproffessional can you get and how unsettling that could be for other players.

Whilst I''m here, anyone else who don''t want to stay can buggar off with him, players and managers come and go but us fans will always be here and we''ll move on without you.