Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Grant Holt reveals wish to leave Norwich City

"I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first.

Just to stop the rumour mill again. I

have expressed to the board and the CEO that I want to leave the

football club. Due to disagreements"

I just told him off for his dreadful grammar and spelling.

Pretty crap two days then if he is off as well.

I wonder where on earth he could be going...........

Something that concerns me is all may not be rosy behind the scenes... both club captain and manager leaving voluntarily in the same pre-season, not good signs.   

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

Just to stop the rumour mill again. I

have expressed to the board and the CEO that I want to leave the

football club. Due to disagreements

[/quote]Best we get shot of the old lush.

[quote user="mrdi"]Something that concerns me is all may not be rosy behind the scenes... both club captain and manager leaving voluntarily in the same pre-season, not good signs.   [/quote]I think that''s quite clear. Would be nice if people actually gave some reasoning though, rather than "disagreements". I personally think if he can''t explain his actions then he should not be commenting on them, especially not on Twitter. Hardly stopping the rumour mill by posting on there is it?!

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Talk about being kicked whilst we''re down [:(][/quote]Well it was always about Garnt Holt rather than NCFC anyway. Just that so many were unwilling to accept this.Bye Bye Grant, I am sure that the team will grow stronger without such an ego as club captain.Look forwards to seeing you score about two off the bench for a struggling club next season and getting no praise whatsoever from your new fans.

I don''t think there''s anything evil going on at the club, it''s simply a case of:

a. Lambert was tapped up a while back and has been in the ears of a few players.

or

b. McNally is a double hard bastard and those that can''t handle this are stomping their feet.

Surely this is just reiterating that he handed in his transfer request do to a disagreement

not over money, falling out with lambert etc.?

Wow what is going on at Norwich atm is really not going to help persuade potential signings to join us over other clubs, McNally needs to move very fast now. I expect both lambert and Holt were tapped up a while ago. These latest tweets from holt seem to go against what his agent said, about him being happy in Norwich but things needed to be sorted out with the club.O i give up on speculating, lets just all move to Ipswich, they got space ion their ground to accommodate us!

And cue various idiots slagging him off, forgetting the vital goals he scored for us, and the three player of the season awards.I''d rather keep him, but every cloud has a silver lining, and now might be a good time to turn a profit on him.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

Just to stop the rumour mill again. I have expressed to the board and the CEO that I want to leave the football club. Due to disagreements

[/quote]

Did he mean? I have loved my 3 years at the club and it saddens me to write this, but I want you to hear it from me first.

Once a tyre fitter - always a tyre fitter. Good riddance to him.

So it seems Mr Holt is leaving us too, not too gutted about this as surely we will command a decent fee for a 17 goal a season player, and with the right man at the helm will bring through a decent replacement.

Thank you Grant for all you have done here, though your departure has been cloudy, still one of our greatest icons and I''l never forget you p*ssing yourself laughing at poormans road, I''m sure opinion will be split, but a few myself included will wish you all the best.

Now, Jonny Howson captain please!

OTBC

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="mrdi"]Something that concerns me is all may not be rosy behind the scenes... both club captain and manager leaving voluntarily in the same pre-season, not good signs.   [/quote]I think that''s quite clear. Would be nice if people actually gave some reasoning though, rather than "disagreements". I personally think if he can''t explain his actions then he should not be commenting on them, especially not on Twitter. Hardly stopping the rumour mill by posting on there is it?![/quote]Exactly. "Due to disagreements" just smacks of the spoilt child threatening to divorce his parents because they won''t let him out to play past x o''clock on a school night. Deep down, he knows the parents are reasonable but still refuses to stop stamping his feet, throwing toys around and thkweaming until he''s thick..I just hope now that this is the whole iceberg.

That is, I hope there isn''t going to be a constant stream of playing staff outgoings to follow Holt and Lambert...

Well I see this news as the silver lining to Lambert going. I bet Grant is concerned that a new manager would not have him in his plans anyway. I wonder how much any club is prepared to spend on the Prmier League one season wonder?He might well end up in the Championship (although if we don''t act quickly and decisively then we could well be heading the same way).

Blooming heck. Probably for the best though. As i''ve said before, now maybe the best time to cash in on Holt. I feel he has overachieved (probably largely due to Lambo''s influence) and if we can get 3-4 million for him it may well be seen as a good deal in the long run. Main issue now is that we have a large vacuum developing which we need to fill as soon as possible if we want to be ready for next season.

Two more things:

City First, what do you have to say on all this, does the fact that this is all transpiring still make me a Binner and a naysayer or are you willing to apologise for your verbal attacks?

Grant Holt should employ a proof reader for how tweets.

[quote user="morty"]And cue various idiots slagging him off, forgetting the vital goals he scored for us, and the three player of the season awards.I''d rather keep him, but every cloud has a silver lining, and now might be a good time to turn a profit on him.[/quote]
I see your point Morty, but to be honest, I''ll be more able to look at things objectively once the emotions have settled down...but right now it is a double whammy and he can f*** right off! [:@]

Something tells me this won''t be the final transfer request.

Have we seen the last of Pilkington/Howson/Hoolahan/Ruddy ... whatever McNally says?

It seems so so cruel that by over achieving we have to unravel so fast.

I really hoped that we could emulate Stoke City and go from strength to strength but for some reason this doesn''t seem possible.

Been absolutely awesome for us.

But I hope he''s sh*t at his new club. Same goes for Lambert.

[quote user="Loopzilla"][quote user="morty"]And cue various idiots slagging him off, forgetting the vital goals he scored for us, and the three player of the season awards.I''d rather keep him, but every cloud has a silver lining, and now might be a good time to turn a profit on him.[/quote]
I see your point Morty, but to be honest, I''ll be more able to look at things objectively once the emotions have settled down...but right now it is a double whammy and he can f*** right off! [:@]
[/quote]I couldn''t be less surprised at this really, but no, his timing isn''t great, is it?Social media can be a double edged sword, and perhaps it would have been better if he had just got something sorted and left quietly.