Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO OUR CLUB!

We''re about to self destruct! Manager and club captain both leaving! Where is the ambtion? How can this even be happening?? Somthing is seriously wrong behind the scenes. Who next, Howson?? Bennett?? Ruddy?? This feels like the beggining of the end. One minute we''re sat pretty with the best up and coming manager, the second highest england goalscorer & and some of the best young english talent in our squad ready to get even better & better and take this club even higher, the next minute it''s all falling to pieces in an alarmingly quick fashion with no real explanation.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

We''re about to self destruct! Manager and club captain both leaving! Where is the ambtion? How can this even be happening?? Somthing is seriously wrong behind the scenes. Who next, Howson?? Bennett?? Ruddy?? This feels like the beggining of the end. One minute we''re sat pretty with the best up and coming manager, the second highest england goalscorer & and some of the best young english talent in our squad ready to get even better & better and take this club even higher, the next minute it''s all falling to pieces in an alarmingly quick fashion with no real explanation.

[/quote]Bubble burst... but relax as it will all even out in the end.

Does anybody else feel it will be a minor miracle if we finish next season in 17th place or higher? We''ve just lost the best manager in the history of NCFC, now we are about to lose one of the best players in the club''s history. Some scummers wish to reinstate the "relegation countdown clock" - with some justification. You couldn''t make it up!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I''m starting to see some frailties in Mcnally.[/quote]I refer you to my "If Neil Doncaster ....." thread.Frailties? Nah quite the opposite imo.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]It''s torture, I just want to know what the hell is going on - I''m affraid to say I''m starting to see some frailties in Mcnally.[/quote]
You mean McNally may be *gasp* HUMAN?!!! I always thought he was a god who had descended from Olympus to bless our club.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]It''s torture, I just want to know what the hell is going on - I''m affraid to say I''m starting to see some frailties in Mcnally.[/quote]How can you blame Mcnally? He can''t stop the money grabbing antic of players and managers alike. Its a cliche, but no man is bigger than the club, and i for one don''t want us to be held to ransom and run up crippling debts!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]It''s torture, I just want to know what the hell is going on - I''m affraid to say I''m starting to see some frailties in Mcnally.[/quote]

Woudnt say that to his face he might Eat you or something similar!!

[quote user="Paul Hugh "]Frailties? Nah quite the opposite imo.[/quote]Time will tell. We''ll soon have a new manager, a new club captain and a new star striker to get excited about.I suspect we''ll survive it all  :)

Your imagining the frailties of McNally due to your own anxieties.

These kind of issues aren''t dealt within hours of them becoming public knowledge, but this time next week I''m sure the club will have appointed a Manager, Holt will also will probably be on his way.

I don''t like to scenario either and Im frustrated thats its a club like Villa and not a top 6 side that has turned their heads, but thats football.

We elevate our heroes to cult status and are obviously very angry and disappointed when they leave but its nothing new to the world of football.

right... sod all this - its time I step in and sort it out

i feel sorry for the powers that be at Norwich, i bet they are just saying "no, we will not double your wages" (holt) "no, we will not go 30million in debt for a few new players" (lambert)

and good on them for wanting to create a long term club not some villa-50million-debt-ridden-club

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]You''re an idiot. Our manager wants to better himself. So does ONE of our players. It happens at every club.[/quote]

If this club doesn''t have the potential to match the ambition of the manager and captain then we may aswell forget about football in Norwich. Full ground week in week out with plans to increase the capacity, free of debt from next year, mid table Premier League club, had one of the best managers FOR US around, some great young players. Surely this is a club to be invested in? If we can''t compete with wages when we fill the ground every game of the season then its definately time for the owners to sell up big time.

We need to know whats gone on behind the scenes one way or another.

For those people who are having heart attacks at the mere thought of Lambert moving on and also now Holt, calm down. Lambert was always going to leave, be it this year or next. Who''s to say when a job like the Villa one was to come up again? He''s not the same type of manager to go straight to an Elite club like Liverpool. He was always going to go to a Villa or Everton etc. Accepted, the way it''s been done has left a sour taste. But, it was always going to happen. The Holt situation is one that happens at all clubs. Yes, more detail on the disagreement would be nice, but it won''t happen. We should just accept it and move on. This has happened countless times at Norwich City over the years and will continue to happen. We now get as much money as we can for Holt and Lambert and replace them with a fresh manager and a player that is young and hungry. Don''t forget, Holt is now 31 and arguably the peak of his career has now gone. He needs to get that last big contract and signing on fee, and he will never get that at Norwich! So, best wishes to both of these club legends, and let''s get replacements in who will also be held in the same regard.   

Why do we need to know what goes on behind the scenes G?We are not entitled to know the ins and outs of the business. We wouldn''t even know as much about what goes on if it wasn''t for modern technology speeding up the passing of information. Players tweeting their thoughts. That harms these decisions more than helps at times like this.

[U][quote user="peter2704"]For those people who are having heart attacks at the mere thought of Lambert moving on and also now Holt, calm down. Lambert was always going to leave, be it this year or next. Who''s to say when a job like the Villa one was to come up again? He''s not the same type of manager to go straight to an Elite club like Liverpool. He was always going to go to a Villa or Everton etc. Accepted, the way it''s been done has left a sour taste. But, it was always going to happen. The Holt situation is one that happens at all clubs. Yes, more detail on the disagreement would be nice, but it won''t happen. We should just accept it and move on. This has happened countless times at Norwich City over the years and will continue to happen. We now get as much money as we can for Holt and Lambert and replace them with a fresh manager and a player that is young and hungry. Don''t forget, Holt is now 31 and arguably the peak of his career has now gone. He needs to get that last big contract and signing on fee, and he will never get that at Norwich! So, best wishes to both of these club legends, and let''s get replacements in who will also be held in the same regard.   [/quote]
Far too bloody sensible.
Now please excuse me while I get back to my coronary. [U]

[quote user="G"]

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]You''re an idiot. Our manager wants to better himself. So does ONE of our players. It happens at every club.[/quote]

If this club doesn''t have the potential to match the ambition of the manager and captain then we may aswell forget about football in Norwich. Full ground week in week out with plans to increase the capacity, free of debt from next year, mid table Premier League club, had one of the best managers FOR US around, some great young players. Surely this is a club to be invested in? If we can''t compete with wages when we fill the ground every game of the season then its definately time for the owners to sell up big time.

We need to know whats gone on behind the scenes one way or another.

[/quote]

Exactly this!

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]Why do we need to know what goes on behind the scenes G?

We are not entitled to know the ins and outs of the business. We wouldn''t even know as much about what goes on if it wasn''t for modern technology speeding up the passing of information. Players tweeting their thoughts. That harms these decisions more than helps at times like this.
[/quote]

Because at the moment I feel very angry and bitter towards Holt and Lambert, but if something very, very dodgy is going on behind the scenes, as it looks like it is, then the board needs to be sorted out because its not going to stop is it.

...that Holt and Lambert are going, honestly.
Norwich City will suprise a few people next season with them both gone. Holt is clearly the biggest ego in the dressing room and his departure may improve the team spirit. We''ve got a great group of young talented players in Howson, Pilks, The Bennetts, Ruddy & Vaughan will be like a new signing too. 
We''ve got a strong squad still, we''re in the best financial position we''ve been for a long time to replace and rebuild and the real catalyst for our recent success is still here in Dave McNally, he brought both Holt & Lambert to the club and he''ll replace both, his past record at Celtic and Fulham speaks for itself, the bloke knows what he''s doing round a football club hence why Fulham are still a Premiership side.
There are plenty of other quality strikers around and despite everything he acheived there are other quality managers around as well as Lambert.
All is not lost people, it''s the beginning of an exciting new era at our football club.
OTBC

Maybe that something dodgy is to do with all the rumours that have been bandied about over the season about who was doing what to who and the splits in the dressing room.When you have a bad apple in the pile, the rest start to go off until the bad apple is got rid of...

[quote user="Lambo"]it''s the beginning of an exciting new era at our football club.[/quote]Couldn''t agree more!Now time to find someone new that wants to manage us... shame we''re going to have to lower ourselves to poaching someone else''s boss though :o)

I don''t think we will know the full story until Paul Lambert produces his autobiography in 20 odd years time. But does today''s EDP have a clue that the reasons for departure might extend beyond football. Compare the recent pictures of Paul Lambert with the one taken a year ago???