Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

realistic price for Holt

[quote user="chicken"]

Rodriguez cost Southampton £7million. That is a risk.

Holt has scored 15 goals in the prem. Not by accident.

I would say £5million would be a fair enough price. Two years left on his contract. His game is not based upon pace so he isn''t going to go down hill as sharply as Owen or other pace reliant strikers.

If it is to West Ham then I would ask for Carlton Cole in part exchange.

[/quote]I was told by an agent that Carlton Cole has an underlying injury that''ll make it hard for him to pass a fitness test. So defo don''t want him at Carrow Road. It has to be Jordan Rhodes for me. He''ll cost a pretty penny but we''re going to need to part with some serious money to replace Holt.

[quote user="Canary1902"]But I think £2-2.5m would be a reasonable price[/quote]Where are all the other 15 goal premiership strikers available for this price then?If there''s so many quality players at this price, why don''t we see more of them???Because there aren''t that''s why!F**k me, I really do wonder sometimes...

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

The important points here are that we don''t want to sell Holt, or need to sell Holt.

His market value is irrelevant.

If someone want''s him they are going to have to silly money for him. See Carroll/Torres for proof of how this works.

[/quote]

We may not have to sell him, we may not want to sell him, but he value is lowered by the fact that he is trying to publicly engineer a move away from the club. before the transfer request, £6-7million, after the transfer request £4 million the fact that we cannot replace him cheaper is irrelvant and also obvious otherwise the other club would be buying that player instead. We are not Man city, we cannot have our best striker playing golf for half a season and it not effect us, we will sell him and McNally is just trying to get the best price.

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

The important points here are that we don''t want to sell Holt, or need to sell Holt.

His market value is irrelevant.

If someone want''s him they are going to have to silly money for him. See Carroll/Torres for proof of how this works.

[/quote]

We may not have to sell him, we may not want to sell him, but he value is lowered by the fact that he is trying to publicly engineer a move away from the club. before the transfer request, £6-7million, after the transfer request £4 million the fact that we cannot replace him cheaper is irrelvant and also obvious otherwise the other club would be buying that player instead. We are not Man city, we cannot have our best striker playing golf for half a season and it not effect us, we will sell him and McNally is just trying to get the best price.

[/quote]

We will not sell Holt for £4m, I will put my mortgage on it.

Holt is one of the best British strikers in the Premier League, this immediately puts a premium on his transfer fee, for whatever reason English Clubs love English Forwards look at Andy Carroll 35million, is he that much better than Holt

International status counts for zilch really most managers would rather their players didnt play for anyone else, look how many get injured that way.

Many clubs in the Premier do not think beyond next season, managers do not as Lambert proved so if Holt performed for one or maybe two they would be happy.

When I look at some of transfer fees I would say anything less than 10 million is unacceptable as someone else pointed out Rodriguez cost 7million for Southampton and he has no Prem experience.

Really do not know how anyone could value him less!

[quote user="Monty13"]1.5 million for 15 goal premiership striker??? Can we get 4 then please for next season, we will still have quite a lot spare for other players. Crouch is the same age as Holt (31) and cost Stoke 10 million (Some quoting rising to 12) less than a year ago. 5 million would still be a snip. Who the hell could we replace him with for that or less anyway? If we are going to only get 1.5 million for him, let him rot in the reserves rather than score 15 goals for a rival.[/quote]

Forgive my ignorance here but its not just goals scored its not his age its not even him not being an England player, Its all about  the loss of income from the sale of HOLT products such as tee shirts team shirts and not to mention all the other trinkets in the shop that people will no longer buy, So with that in mind £10,mil would not be enought.  

£1.5 million? ridiculous. 17 goals last season plus the loss that it will be to the club (in addition to Lambert leaving). £5 million is reasonable. Love McNally''s comment. looks like it will need a big offer or he''l be staying put. 5.5 to West Ham i''d say.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Monty13"]1.5 million for 15 goal premiership striker??? Can we get 4 then please for next season, we will still have quite a lot spare for other players. Crouch is the same age as Holt (31) and cost Stoke 10 million (Some quoting rising to 12) less than a year ago. 5 million would still be a snip. Who the hell could we replace him with for that or less anyway? If we are going to only get 1.5 million for him, let him rot in the reserves rather than score 15 goals for a rival.[/quote]

Forgive my ignorance here but its not just goals scored its not his age its not even him not being an England player, Its all about  the loss of income from the sale of HOLT products such as tee shirts team shirts and not to mention all the other trinkets in the shop that people will no longer buy, So with that in mind £10,mil would not be enought.  

[/quote]

We will not sell Holt for more than £10million - I would put Mr Brownstones mortgage on it :)

also, even if he were to stay, the merchandise will still be lost, how many Holt shirts will be sold before the new season starts.

If Crouch is the same age and Stoke paid £10m for him, McNally would be looking at a similar price for Holt at this stage.Also, Grant Holt scored more goals than Crouch did this season. The other factor is that Crouch is no longer an England International.I wonder how many goals Holt would have scored if Lambert didn''t keep subbing him all the time and leaving him on the bench? 20?IMO, I think McNally has played a very good card, Holt has a minimum 2yrs left on his contract, Villa won''t be able to afford him and we get the best out of him.In 2 years time, Holt will be 33 and if he still wants away, Carlisle can have him back.

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

We will not sell Holt for more than £10million - I would put Mr Brownstones mortgage on it :)

also, even if he were to stay, the merchandise will still be lost, how many Holt shirts will be sold before the new season starts.

[/quote]

exactly, The loss of revenue mounts up. You said it yourself, how many Holt shirts will be  sold  before the start of the season,This was my point,(Money lost)  

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Son Ova Gunn"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

exactly, The loss of revenue mounts up. You said it yourself, how many Holt shirts will be  sold  before the start of the season,This was my point,(Money lost)  

[/quote]

The loss of revenue is due to the player handing in a transfer request, how does this increase his transfer value? sorry if im being thick, long day and all but I dont get your point.

Didn''t Leicester offer £3m when we were about to go into the Prem? Holt is a Prem scorer now, so I think we could get about £4m. Not too much more.

Loss of Holt revenue is negligible. Seriously, who won''t be buying a shirt for next season SOLELY because they can''t have Holt''s name on the back? 
Football is constantly evolving. I''d imagine the revenue loss from Holt will be more than made up by the revenue of merch from the new heroes we bring in.

[quote user="kick it off"]Loss of Holt revenue is negligible. Seriously, who won''t be buying a shirt for next season SOLELY because they can''t have Holt''s name on the back? 

Football is constantly evolving. I''d imagine the revenue loss from Holt will be more than made up by the revenue of merch from the new heroes we bring in.

[/quote]

OK I concede defete, but what about the other stuff with his name on do the club just scrap it,surely that has figure on it .  

Worse comes we could loan GH to Championship club Leicester would pay £1m loan fee and his £16k a week and maybe others e.g. Zigic at Brum on £30k a week, no need to let him rot in the ressies we can still cash in, leaving him out of PL squad would be a bit of a shock.  GH would not turn down chance to play.

I think £5m fee for permanent move is a realistic figure.  Certainly not much less.  

Apart from not being an International, Holt should realistically go for the same amount as Peter Odemwingie goes from WBA this summer.Holt is 31 and Odemwingie is 30, both proven prem goals scorers.Odemwingie has got 20ish goals for WBA in 60 games, so relatively similar to Holt''s record.I''d say £4mill each?  [<:o)]

OR... we could try and sell Holt to Liverpool for 8 figures, they''re stupid enough to seriosuly overpay for players [H]

I don''t think many people here understand how markets work.

The price when you are actively buying frequently bears no relation to that when you are actively selling. The former is often multiples of the latter.

McNally has made it clear we aren''t selling. Draw your own conclusions.

Unlike Lamberts situation, Norwich control Holts future. He''s contracted here until he''s 33. Holt is playing a very silly game, but I still like him because of what he''s done for us. That won''t change.

I can''t believe anyone says we should sell Holt for less than 5 million, are you crazy?! We are not a charity. Was Holt not the best target man in the Premiership last season, McNally is a wise business man, why should we sell Holt for anything less than 8-10 million, he was the top goalscoring English striker and how many other strikers got 15 goals last season in the Premier League?! His age is irrelevant, football is about immediate success, you have to achieve game in game about, and now! So to have Grant Holt in your side is priceless, McNally quoted how much Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll, and how much wud we need to spend to replace Grant Holt! Also totally agree with earlier comments that Holt may as well sit in our reserves than score goals for one of our relegation rivals, why shud we be pushed around? If someone offers 8-10 mill for Holt, fine, otherwise I believe McNally will say to Holt either play for us or sit in the reserves and we''ll wait for the right offer which is best for Norwich City Football Club

If Holt wants to leave, sod him! If I was McNally, I''d get him to replace my tyres on a daily basis (although I''d probably get someone else to check afterwards).... on second thoughts make him an overpaid groundman.Good on our chief exec for standing up to this rubbish... make sure other players know who calls the shots.When a player signs on an improved, high salary contract, they''ve signed for the duration of the contract... not until the get their heads turned, or they fancy a change. Screw the money we''d receive for him - let this so called hero rot in the reserves. If he refuses to turn up, fine him...And in the meantime, make sure the players that show they care for the club are well rewarded!

I cant believe some the small figures being quoted on here! This is 2012, not 1993. A premiership proven scorer of 15 goals commands a very large fee. No less than £7m in my opinion for holt.

Remember that clubs get over £40m for staying in the prem each year. That''s massive money and a key goalscorer is one of THE most sought after players in the game.

It''s not always the future you are paying for; most clubs now pay for the present and the desperate need to remain in the premiership. Do not estimate holts transfer price. NCFC hold all the cards here.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Canary1902"]But I think £2-2.5m would be a reasonable price[/quote]
Where are all the other 15 goal premiership strikers available for this price then?

If there''s so many quality players at this price, why don''t we see more of them???

Because there aren''t that''s why!

F**k me, I really do wonder sometimes...
[/quote]

Yakubu

Yakubu has been offered £5m per year in wages for 2 years in China plus he would cost a £1m transfer fee. So that''s £11m plus agents fees etc. Norwich would need to get about £10m for Holt to replace him with Yakubu.I can''t see Norwich selling him this summer for less than £8.5m.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Yakubu has been offered £5m per year in wages for 2 years in China plus he would cost a £1m transfer fee. So that''s £11m plus agents fees etc.

Norwich would need to get about £10m for Holt to replace him with Yakubu.

I can''t see Norwich selling him this summer for less than £8.5m.
[/quote]

You know this how? read what he said and I''m correct, transfer fee

35million for Carroll plus obscene wages   

Assuming he scores 17+goals a year for 7 years thats still probably 8million per year!

On that basis GH is worth about 14-15million for the next 2 years.

Allowing for how overpriced Carroll is I''d still say 8-9million is a reasonable price and by no means above his value.

Blackburn Rovers striker Yakubu is

ready to quit England for China and a £5million-a-year contract - and he

could be followed by Gael Givet. 

Chinese Super League clubs Guan Beijing and Shanghai Shenhua are both interested in the Nigerian.

He

has a clause in his contract which allows him to leave for £1million

and that will not be a problem for the wealthy Chinese, who have also

offered him £100,000 a week.

Oh for the love of god, will people please stop going on about how much Andy Carroll cost. The sole reason he cost that much was because Liverpool had just received £50m for Torres and Newcastle held them to ransom in light of that, and their desperation to replace him.Admittedly, LFC have paid some big money for players that haven''t really performed, but had the Torres transfer not happened then AC was worth more like £20m.

...and while we''re at it, there is no way on this earth, or any other planet we will be signing Yakubu. He''s a mercenary and will take the most cash offered to him, wherever that may be. His wages at his next club will be ridiculous, given that the clause in his contract means he''ll more or less be free.Plus, he''s about 45.