Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

realistic price for Holt

in my mind no more than 1.5 million pounds due to his age and only one season at this level. people saying we will get 4 to 5 million are in cloud cuckoo land!!!

You are of course correct, but it depends if they want him, I don''t see what point there is in selling him for 1.5

[quote user="baldyboy"]in my mind no more than 1.5 million pounds due to his age and only one season at this level. people saying we will get 4 to 5 million are in cloud cuckoo land!!![/quote]You are Paul Lambert and I claim my £5

Not much baldyboy....I see Holt as a target for a relegation battling team as a short term fix.Equally he flopped everywhere else and will be a risky buy.

I think there will be more than 1 team coming in for him which is why the price should be a bit more than that, remember Rangers offered 2 million for him in January

1.5 million are you pissed? He is in his peak. At his age strikers hit their peak. He has a couple of years prem footy left in him.10-15 goals per season is worth more than 1.5 million! 5 million minimum

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

£3.25 million to West Ham with a £0.5 million addon if they stay up.

[/quote]SOLD!!!

Especially for the comedy value if he flops/they go down.

BGH, really 5 million? I will have what you are drinking in a very large glass, NOBODY will pay that for somebody who is NOT even an International!!!

We don''t have to, or need to sell Holt. He has 2 years left on his contract. If we wanted to we could sit on his regisatration until his contract expires the only contract he''ll get will be at Carlisle.

I''m hearing rumours about a double your money offer from West Ham....

Why would we accept 1.5 million to let him go to a premiership rival? He''s got a contract, I''d rather we paid his wages and let him sit in the reserves IF he kicked up a fuss than sell him for that peanuts amount and see him score 15 goals for another team which may end up relegating us! Say to him that we''ll let him go for an amount that suits us (get his agent to do some work) or he can stay here. If he ends up staying here, I can''t see him sulking, that would end any possible chance of a big pay day to end his career, and it''s not the sort of player he is.

We sold Earnshaw for was it 3.5 million (or did we sign him for that and sell him for £5?). We sold Ashton for 8 when we were a championship club. Ok, Ashton was younger, but he had only scored 7 goals in half a season of top flight football, so was possibly more of a gamble than Holt who proved he can do it over the course of a whole season.

I very much doubt we''d accept anything under 4 million.

[quote user="baldyboy"]in my mind no more than 1.5 million pounds due to his age and only one season at this level. people saying we will get 4 to 5 million are in cloud cuckoo land!!![/quote]£1.5m for a 15 goal striker with Prem experience? Sorry mate but in my opinion I think you''re more in cloud cuckoo land than people saying £4m. He might be 31, but there are a few teams who are in need of a striker like Holt. That''ll increase what we can get for him.

if its villa/lambert then 6/7 million.if they dont pay it they cant have him, if he doesnt like it he can cry all he likes he contracted to the club, mcnally just said ''hes not for sale''

McNally has just said on SSN that the cost of Holt would be as much or more than Aston Villa''s whole reported transfer budget for next season!! He repeated that Holt is not for sale.

mcnally has just said the replacement cost for the calibre of holt would be more than the figures quoted that lamberts budget will be for the season. Haha nice side swipe in there :D

Doesn''t he have another two years left on his contract? That is pretty important when it comes to judging the value of a player. I would look at the following.In our favour - 15 goals last season and two years left on contract. If the manager leaves could a new man want to rally around the club captain and remove some of the (rumoured) issues from last season?In buying club''s favour - 31 years old so on the cusp as far as peak years concerned. NCFC are considered (rightly or wrongly) a smaller club than those who are likely to want to sign him. Holty may feel that playing for a smaller club has cost him a place in the England squad. Manager about to leave?Unknown - Does he actively want to leave? This will push the price down as nobidy wants a player who no longer wants to play for the club. How badly do we need the money?Unless you know the answer to all of those (and more that I have probably missed) then it is impossible to guess at any transfer value. My gut feeling is ththat we could hold out for somewhere in the region of £3.5million to £4.5million but some of that will undoubtedly be in add-ons. But I''m just guessing like everybody else.

Rodriguez cost Southampton £7million. That is a risk.

Holt has scored 15 goals in the prem. Not by accident.

I would say £5million would be a fair enough price. Two years left on his contract. His game is not based upon pace so he isn''t going to go down hill as sharply as Owen or other pace reliant strikers.

If it is to West Ham then I would ask for Carlton Cole in part exchange.

Stick a £5m price tag on him and see who stays in the running, bet there''s still two or three clubs interested.

If not then he stays here.

1.5 million for 15 goal premiership striker??? Can we get 4 then please for next season, we will still have quite a lot spare for other players. Crouch is the same age as Holt (31) and cost Stoke 10 million (Some quoting rising to 12) less than a year ago. 5 million would still be a snip. Who the hell could we replace him with for that or less anyway? If we are going to only get 1.5 million for him, let him rot in the reserves rather than score 15 goals for a rival.

Crouch is also an International, Holt is not!!! ok, maybe 2.5 mil but doubt it would be more, even if he did get 17 goals last season. However if somebody was silly enough to offer more than 3 mil I say take it!!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]Crouch is also an International, Holt is not!!! ok, maybe 2.5 mil but doubt it would be more, even if he did get 17 goals last season. However if somebody was silly enough to offer more than 3 mil I say take it!!!![/quote]So what?The buying club won''t be buying him to score goals for England.I''d happily accept 4-5 million for him

Bearing in mind that he has just had a very successful season in the Premiership, and that he has two years left on his contract, there is no reason why we should let him go for peanuts.

We would have expected him to score more than 10 goals next season, and perhaps some in the season after. We have to go out and sign a striker who can come somewhere near to achieving this, and then be a free man after say, three years. We may have to pay £5m, or even more.

I think that we should look for at least £2.5m to £3m, but if we organise an"auction" who knows how much we could achieve for the second most prolific English scorer in the Premiership?

I sometimes think reading this board is like watching The Only Way is Essex, swear it causes people''s intelligence levels to drop 10 fold

Sorry but McNally is right, Villa couldn''t afford it.

He might be worth a couple of mil in reality to some people on here, but finding a striker who would give you 15 prem goals is a MASSIVELY difficult task. Younger, fitter and faster strikers have stepped up and done no better than 10 goals on a regular basis.

Sorry lads, but to us he is worth 10mil. Just not maybe to everyone else.

I know you will think I am crazy, but 15 goals in the Prem in a season is no mean feat. Out of the younger lads likely to be picked up this year, maybe 1 or 2 max will get more than 10 goals, maybe none of them.

1.5 million, 3 million?????? really, these people are taking the pi$$ out of the people claiming he''s worth 5 million, but i would say at least 5 million. Where have you been the last few years while transfer fees have been going bonkers?

Once you''ve kicked a ball in the premiership you''re talking about a whole other ball game, let alone if you manage 15 goals+ and finish as the second highest english goalscorer.

1.5 million, thats hideous, seriously, consider it sensibly. You''d be lucky to buy a 15 goal a season premiership striker for triple that, very lucky indeed. In fact, if we could I''d say go get two of them.

For me, anything under £5m and we''ve been ripped off. You only have to look at some of the mental transfer fees paid before now to realise that.

The important points here are that we don''t want to sell Holt, or need to sell Holt.

His market value is irrelevant.

If someone want''s him they are going to have to silly money for him. See Carroll/Torres for proof of how this works.

Who decides at this point though? We have no manager technically.

At a push I''d agree with the relegation battling teams to get him. But I think £2-2.5m would be a reasonable price