Agreed, some of the reaction has been hysterical and irrational.

Facts are: Lambert was never going to be at Norwich for long, though disappointing that it''s come now and not to a massive club.

Holt is 31, if we can get a good fee for him to fund a good young replacement that that will be a great business.

In two years time at the end of Holt''s current contract he is going to be worthless.

Not what we would have chosen but certainly not a crisis!

As for slagging the pair off, please, get real people. We are where we are because of them, wish them well and move on.

[quote user="FourFourTwo"]As for slagging the pair off, please, get real people. We are where we are because of them, wish them well and move on.[/quote]And there is my new signature quote!

To be honest i''m not that bothered about Lambert going. He was a superb manager but there was always something in the comments he made that came across that we are out of our depth in the PL and he viewed us as to small for him. As for Holt that really is a hard one, The fee we will get is not going to buy the amount of goals he got this season, But can he do it again next season? Stick or twist? Is a tough one.

I think were all a bit shell shocked and bitter at the moment, ive been literally depressed for the last 48 hours, i genuinely felt like those times when you split up with a girlfriend you loved and that initial period is one of depression.

Sounds silly but thats how i felt, never felt this way before when a manager left, probably because its normally been joy with the last few, Gunn, Roeder, Grant, Worthington.

O''Neill and Walker leaving was bad but i was 15 or so back then and i admit wasnt as big a fan as i have been in my adult yrs.

In a strictly heterosexual sense I really loved Lambert and Holt! Its just gutting the way this has all come about. And Villa of all clubs, its like losing your girlfriend and best mate to some ugly gimp like character!

Some of the comments have been embarrassing quite frankly.

Thanks Lambert and Holt for your time here and what you''ve done but we need to move/move on quickly and get a new manager in, identify new targets and be prepared for what will be a difficult season.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Some of the comments have been embarrassing quite frankly. [/quote]My personal favourite was the topic about leaving Holt to rot in the reserves. No really, someone actually started a topic to discuss doing that. Worse still people agreed.I know every club has them, but honestly?! Come on..

I know we should not slag Holt and Lambert off, but I do get tired of hearing what they have done for us, and not much about what we have done for them. I think there was a great love from the crowd towards the both of them and we all hoped it was mutual. I think the recent events show that it was nothing of the sort and there is the realisation that we were all naive to believe it in the first place. This is obviously our grieving period and lets hope that quick action by the board does not prolong the process. Breaking up is never easy!! I know that it is irrational and not very grown up and I don''t want to feel like this, but I so hope they fail miserably wherever they end up. I feel better for that and perhaps that was my first step to returning to normality.

Spot on dj. When we appointed Lambert we gave him the platform and backed him to show his abilities. Had we not gone for him who knows where he would be now. As for Holt I really thought he had found his footballing "home" same as Huckerby, If he moves on I really don''t see it happening for him. Both may look back at this as the biggest mistake of their careers.

Its not the fact that he''s gone, its the manner in which it has happened, He tells Sky Sports News, one thing like "I''m delighted to be here" "I have never wanted to leave why should I leave," then goes to the board room and says he want to go to Villa, He would have had the same war chest as is reported in that Paper who were once part of NOTW.Holt on the other hand should be told to behave hiself and wait till the new manager is installed and stay away from twitter. If the figure of £4.5 mil is true then we could afford to hold on a while for perhaps £6mil then go for two or three younger hungry lads   

[quote user="pete_norw"]Its not the fact that he''s gone, its the manner in which it has happened, He tells Sky Sports News, one thing like "I''m delighted to be here" "I have never wanted to leave why should I leave," then goes to the board room and says he want to go to Villa, He would have had the same war chest as is reported in that Paper who were once part of NOTW.Holt on the other hand should be told to behave hiself and wait till the new manager is installed and stay away from twitter. If the figure of £4.5 mil is true then we could afford to hold on a while for perhaps £6mil then go for two or three younger hungry lads   [/quote]

THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN( NOW Holt) Damn Laptop keys