Sign in to follow this  
jackryan007

Must Go For Experience

We must go for an experienced manager now!

Forget Mckay, Lee Clarke, Robinson!

Lets look at Hughton, Curbishley, Bruce - they know what they are doing in the premier league. There is money available for new signings and I feel that an experienced manager would know how best to spend this money.

[quote user="jackryan007"]

We must go for an experienced manager now!

Forget Mckay, Lee Clarke, Robinson!

Lets look at Hughton, Curbishley, Bruce - they know what they are doing in the premier league. There is money available for new signings and I feel that an experienced manager would know how best to spend this money.

[/quote]

Erm, how many Premier League games has Hughton taken charge of?

Surely you''re joking about Bruce and Curbishley right?

Was Hughton not in charge of Newcastle Utd!

Ok, so who do you suggest - please dont say a young manager, we can risk that in league 1 but this is the premier leaugue - get real!

Please not Curbishley or Bruce, but especially not Bruce managerial experience is worthless if everywhere you''ve been you''ve gradually cocked it up. Bruce is out of a job for a good reason.

Curbishly - I cringe whenever his name is linked to a possible managerial job!

Hes old hat, well into his 50''s, financially secure for life so therefore not hungry to get back into management particularly at a club with a big fanbase like ours many of whom are known to enjoying finding anything to moan about. He''d only be doing it to top up his pension!

Bruce - Is also spoiled old goods material and must be very drained from his past managerial jobs. Again would only take the job for a last payday!

Both have been excellent managers and would have been excellent appointments up to 2005 but not now!

What we need is someone whos young hungry and looking to progress much like Paul Lambert in 2009! 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Curbishly - I cringe whenever his name is linked to a possible managerial job!

Hes old hat, well into his 50''s, financially secure for life so therefore not hungry to get back into management particularly at a club with a big fanbase like ours many of whom are known to enjoying finding anything to moan about. He''d only be doing it to top up his pension!

Bruce - Is also spoiled old goods material and must be very drained from his past managerial jobs. Again would only take the job for a last payday!

Both have been excellent managers and would have been excellent appointments up to 2005 but not now!

I disagree. You don''t get to where Curbishley got to without have passion in your work. That kind of passion you can''t turn off.

What we need is someone whos young hungry and looking to progress much like Paul Lambert in 2009! 

[/quote]

Ian holloway for me. Ticks all boxes and his playing philosophy will ensure as smooth a transition as possible

[quote user="flecky76"]Ian holloway for me. Ticks all boxes and his playing philosophy will ensure as smooth a transition as possible[/quote]

apart from his teams can''t defend and didn''t keep blackpool up (although i realise that was a hard job....but so was norwich having mostly league 1 players)

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Not Bruce please. He would soon spunk whatever transfer kitty we have up the wall on useless expensive signings. [/quote]And botox and blusher from the looks of him.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

[quote user="flecky76"]Ian holloway for me. Ticks all boxes and his playing philosophy will ensure as smooth a transition as possible[/quote]

apart from his teams can''t defend and didn''t keep blackpool up (although i realise that was a hard job....but so was norwich having mostly league 1 players)

[/quote]

He has the most experience of all of those mentioned apart from Bruce who is not suitable as he needs pots of money and has problems with motivation. Holloway almost got Blackpool back up at the first time of asking, outplaying West Ham in the play-off final, but luck unfortunately deserted him. He can operate on a minimal budget and plays football the right way.  Let''s get him !!!

I like ian holloway I think he has done well with blackpool and yes they didnt defend very well but I would assume he would have learnt from that. I also think that chris houghton is a good shout did well at newcastle and should not have really got the sack but also done well with birmingham with no money. Also gus poyet has been doing a good job and think he is worth considering. Dont want bruce.Lennon.curbishley.

Hughton for me if we can prise him away from Brum. Has dealt with big egos at Newcastle and was reasonably successful, unfortunate to be sacked. Must have also been quite a job to lift the Birmingham dressing room at the start of this season but he seemed to manage that and you have to ask that if they didn''t have the extra Europa league games, would he gave got them up.

Mark .Y. 

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Erm, how many Premier League games has Hughton taken charge of?

[/quote]

Chris Hughton managed Newcastle in the premier league for 5 months (having won the Championship title) before becoming victim of one of Mike Ashley''s oddest decisions! He''d done quite well, started off with a 6-0 win against Villa!

Other than that he was Assistant manager at Spurs for several seasons, and caretaker manager there on two occasions.

He''s done a fantastic job at Birmingham, getting them into the play offs despite them selling £18m worth of players.

[quote user="scrappy33"]Gus Poyet at Brighton gets my vote. They play the game the right way.[/quote]

Poyet was a great player to watch; easy to pick out - similar to Lambert  in that respect. They''ve both taken that passion and flair into their management careers haven''t they?

Got to be Ian Holloway, ticks nearly all the right boxes. Yes sometimes his teams can be defensively naive but boy its exciting to watch. Would much rather watch Norwich winning 3-2 rather than a dull 1-0

The problem is that some names have experience... of failure. Anyone available at the moment is likely to have failed in his last job. We have to face the fact that we may have to do another Lambert-Colchester job, and pay compensation, if we want to get anyone with ability!