Sign in to follow this  
barclay seats 4849

Around 40 years ago

He was only at Man City for a season but got them to the League Cup final where they lost to Wolves who had beaten us in the semis. Then he got Villa to Wembley the next season where they beat us! Three finals in three seasons with three different clubs!

I was a real youngster at the time he left .. but  I remeber feeling like i  do today ...and the same when Mike Walker betrayed us

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

He was only at Man City for a season but got them to the League Cup final where they lost to Wolves who had beaten us in the semis. Then he got Villa to Wembley the next season where they beat us! Three finals in three seasons with three different clubs!

[/quote]

It does feel the same buddy. But we never lost the momentum because John Bond walked through the door and then Ken Brown kept it going. So all is not lost.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Isn''t 39 years around 40[:^)]

[:S]

[/quote]

When you''re our age Nutty they all blend into one.....
[/quote]

Will my mind start playing tricks when i am as old as you two old codgers ? [8-)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Will my mind start playing tricks when i am as old as you two old codgers ? [8-)]

[/quote]

Grant me the senility to forget the people
I never liked anyway,
The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

Who are you again......

[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Will my mind start playing tricks when i am as old as you two old codgers puttogether? [8-)]

[/quote]

Corrected your post![;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Old in ''old codger'' is actually redundant.

A man of your pedigree should know that!

[;)]

OTBC

Going back to the O.P, I seem to remember that we were already fighting relegation in our second season in the old Division One when Ron Saunders left us. Arthur South had replaced Geoffrey Watling as chairman in the summer of 1973 and there was a "Clash of Personalities" as they call it. I remember the news breaking on Match Of The Day that Saturday night and was more shocked that Norwich had actually been mentioned than by the news that Ron Saunders had gone.