Sign in to follow this  
Supermarket Prodigy

Peter Lansley - Lambert Walked Out?!?!

I have to say that as good a job as Lambert has done he was always going to go sooner rather than later. It''s just a pity that he couldn''t have stayed for one more season at least, he has his reasons I suppose.

McNally obviously has a long term business plan for the club that he has to stick to. This is where the problem probably is. I would certainly be worried if he McNally left as he has driven the club to where we are today. If it''s true about Lambert then I''m sure McNally will get the right man in for the club.

As Shaker said "In McNally we should all trust"

[quote user="Smokebomb"]I still want to see confirmation on this, presumably if he is denied permission to talk to another club he has no alternative but to resign? Mcnally knows this so if it is true he has adopted an all or nothing stance, either your totally committed to Norwich or you walk, nothing in between. Strong management by the Chief Exec. there are no half measures with him.Still am wondering however why Villa, particularly as he is now only third choice if they do want him?[/quote]

This is the one reason why I don''t believe the morning rumours.

I think Lambert and McNally have too good a relationship to be doing this. I think a long conversation with David accepting that Paul wants out would result in him being able to speak to Villa.

If he quits it gets all kinds of complicated. If he goes we want compensation now, not after a hot dispute and a tribunal. Otherwise compensation to another club for their manager could well come out of the transfer kitty and seriously hamper the club. Neither Lambert or McNally would want that I don''t think.

It is likely to have been the Sun starting a rumour after a back-hander or a false tip-off to try and destabyblise McNally''s current hard ball stance.

SSN reporting that there are rumours of him having a bust up and he is meeting with Villa today, but no mention of him quitting, even of the rumours.

Charlie Wyett on radio Norfolk has just said the source they got the story from is very very reliable and theres no chance Lambert will stay City manager.

Has Lambert actually gone then? Thats the impression i''m getting, pretty sure Gunnar met with them to......

[quote user="G"]Has Lambert actually gone then? Thats the impression i''m getting, pretty sure Gunnar met with them to......[/quote]
Nothing official yet.

the interesting thing for me here is, if Lambert has indeed "Walked out" isnt he in some kind of "Breach of contract" meaning the club can discipline him and go through the proper channels.he would not be able to work for anyone else if indeed this was the case until it was sorted?

It just doesnt make sense that Lambo has spat the dummy out of transfer funds. I am sure he would have known the plan and been part of building it.

Only way this makes sense is if the board have gone back on something agreed in the plan, say they told him he would have £15m to spend and now saying its only £5m for example. Then I could understand it.

If this is the case then the board must have a good reason for going back on their word/plan.

If this is not the case then its just the press / Lambo''s agent trying to stir it up giving him reason to leave.

Sad state of afairs, we all knew this day would come but I had hoped it would have been a little more ammicable and not a repeat of the Colchester debarcle that it appears to have become.

[quote user="morty"]He can''t just resign, he''s under a contract.[/quote]so were Martin O''Neill and Mike Walker....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="morty"]He can''t just resign, he''s under a contract.[/quote]so were Martin O''Neill and Mike Walker....[/quote]I would like to think that we''re a bit more streetwise these days.