Sign in to follow this  
Supermarket Prodigy

Peter Lansley - Lambert Walked Out?!?!

Gutted but no point being bitter. Paul took us from League one basement to surviving the Prem for first time in 20 years. Remarkable job and he leaves with my thanks. Sad that it''s ended sourly, but life goes on. In McNally we trust.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]no offence, but could you not have put this with the other lambert thread(s)?[/quote]

I could have done, but I chose not to. Primarily because this is the first thread that I''ve posted for 18 months, sure I can be cut some slack.

Not sure you''ve got the tune quite right Role Model! ;)

[quote user="morty"]SSN don''t seem to be making much of it.[/quote]SImon Thomas was tweeting about it so they haven''t heard anything contrary to it.

[quote user="Fozzie"][quote user="morty"]SSN don''t seem to be making much of it.[/quote]SImon Thomas was tweeting about it so they haven''t heard anything contrary to it.[/quote]I should imagine Lambert and McNally are tucked up in bed, together I hope lol.I think we''ll have to wait till tomorrow to hear anything from the club.It could still be a load of journo crap.

[quote user="fonejacker"]As if it wasn''t bad enough PL leaving, thatll be Ian Butterworth and Gary Karsa out the door too.[/quote]I think thats pretty much a given.

[quote user="fonejacker"]As if it wasn''t bad enough PL leaving, thatll be Ian Butterworth and Gary Karsa out the door too.
[/quote]

That will be déja vu all over again...

To be fair, Karsa and Butterworth, whilst being great whilst here, you wouldn''t want them with another manager really. Managers work in different ways, they need backroom staff who work to those ways and help them in the ways they need help. Karsa and Butterworth wouldn''t be the same without Lambert and would more than likely hinder a new manager if they stayed.

Not quite sure I believe this "bust up" stuff just yet.

Don''t McNally and Lambert have a strong personal relationship also from their Celtic days.

Let''s wait and see how it pans out over the next 24 hours.

SSN still just saying that Villa have set their sights on Paul Lambert.Not even reporting this alleged bust up and walk out.Odd....

[quote user="morty"]SSN still just saying that Villa have set their sights on Paul Lambert.Not even reporting this alleged bust up and walk out.Odd....[/quote]SSN is on a loop from 11pm. Not sure when they go back ''live''.

[quote user="Ghost of Pongo Waring"][quote user="morty"]SSN still just saying that Villa have set their sights on Paul Lambert.Not even reporting this alleged bust up and walk out.Odd....[/quote]SSN is on a loop from 11pm. Not sure when they go back ''live''.[/quote]Ah right, didn''t know that. Nothing on the ticker though.Still saying they are poised to talk to him.

Awesome fail on this post...

I presume you mean culverhouse and not butterworth who left the club just shy of 3 years ago lol

Not only did one poster get it wrong, a second poster followed up on it! Pure awesomeness!!

Must be a hectic evening :)

[quote user="fonejacker"]As if it wasn''t bad enough PL leaving, thatll be Ian Butterworth and Gary Karsa out the door too.
[/quote]

... and what players? Pilkington? Howson? Holt? Hoolahan?

If this scenario is to mirror Colchester we should brace ourselves for more damage yet.

[quote user="Ncfc"]It would be a bit rich coming one week after he claimed to be happy here and had never asked to leave though .[/quote]You know Rodgers said the exact same thing about Swansea? Look where he is now.

Anglia News just reported the same thing as BBC and Sky saying that Villa have made PL their #1 target..So it seems that nothing is anymore that a rumour at the moment.

Feel sickened by all of this. After 3 great years it feels a bit shabby to me that Lambert''s tenure ends in such a way. What sticks in my gullett is that it''s Villa. I mean Villa? Come on Paul, you''re selling yourself short. You''d have been destined for a bigger club had you had another great season with us next year I''m sure but instead you''ve jumped at the first opportunity to a club in decline. I don''t see the logic. I''m afraid that Mike Walker''s experience comes to mind. The grass isn''t greener.

[quote user="Jules"]Feel sickened by all of this. After 3 great years it feels a bit shabby to me that Lambert''s tenure ends in such a way. What sticks in my gullett is that it''s Villa. I mean Villa? Come on Paul, you''re selling yourself short. You''d have been destined for a bigger club had you had another great season with us next year I''m sure but instead you''ve jumped at the first opportunity to a club in decline. I don''t see the logic. I''m afraid that Mike Walker''s experience comes to mind. The grass isn''t greener.[/quote]You pretty much just summed up my feelings.

Imagine if this is a Mark Hughes to Chelsea situation.. You know where he resigned from Fulham to get the Chelsea job then got snubbed...

I agree with Jules.

In my opinion, he''s a complete mug to resign to go to Villa. He knows he''s (at least) third choice after OGS and Martinez both turned villa down.

Obviously be gutted if this gets confirmed, but I''ll get over it. Cheers for the three years and getting us back on top. Shame you couldn''t repay our loyalty to you with some of your own. Considering the fans "special rapport" with you.

At least the sodding speculation will be over too.

I still want to see confirmation on this, presumably if he is denied permission to talk to another club he has no alternative but to resign? Mcnally knows this so if it is true he has adopted an all or nothing stance, either your totally committed to Norwich or you walk, nothing in between. Strong management by the Chief Exec. there are no half measures with him.Still am wondering however why Villa, particularly as he is now only third choice if they do want him?

Whilst I''d be very dissappointed he''s going, I don''t think any of us thought he''d be here for years to come.There were noises from him this week that showed the club doesn''t match his own ambitions (the club happy with 17th, him wanting more).We''ve been lucky to have him here for three years, he''s done a great job and he deserves the opportunity elsewhere if he so desires. I''m not sure Villa is that opportunity, and McNally''s tactics have quickened Lamberts exit (maybe we would have had another 12 months).Whlist I don''t necessarily agree with how McNally''s has handled this, at least he''s fighting our corner.McNally considers himself Norwich City Chief Exec.It seems Paul Lambert just considers himself as Paul Lambert.