Sign in to follow this  
Supermarket Prodigy

Peter Lansley - Lambert Walked Out?!?!

I think the writtings on the wall now everyones reporting it...This was always going to be the way PL went really its exactly how we got him. Shame but at least its going to be put to bed now. We can look to get a new manager in and i know lots of people say they wish him well etc but from me personally thanks for all you did paul but god i hope you go down next season!!!!

If it was a one year rolling contract, as I was under the impression it was, then surely that means he''s breached the contract because there''s always a year in advance. If he handed his notice in, so to speak, he''d have to work off the extra year before being allowed to go.

Betting suspended on it now too. That''s the cue for me to go off to bed. It''s done.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"] lets hope we take him and Villa to the f**king cleaners and press for him to be on an enforced year long gardening leave for breach of contract!.[/quote] What contract? Rolling contract = No contract. He didn''t have a contract to breach, there is no contract for Villa to pay off. That''s always been the agreement, he can leave when he wants, we can get rid of him when he wants. Villa owe us precisely £0.[/quote]

a one year "rolling" contract means exactly that....he always has a year left ahead of him

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"] lets hope we take him and Villa to the f**king cleaners and press for him to be on an enforced year long gardening leave for breach of contract!.[/quote] What contract? Rolling contract = No contract. He didn''t have a contract to breach, there is no contract for Villa to pay off. That''s always been the agreement, he can leave when he wants, we can get rid of him when he wants. Villa owe us precisely £0.[/quote] Its a rolling contract which effectivly makes it 1year left today or am i wrong???

Unless he was on a 1 hour rolling contract which is basically no contract at all. Villa do owe us money, it wont be as much as we''d get for a player, but they owe us money.

I''m not in denial here, but there is still a chance that this is a load of journo claptrap.

Agreed, until it''s on the official site when I wake up tomorrow morning, I won''t be too worried about it. And even then, I think I might just get over it. He''s done an undeniably superb job for us, but times change, we''ll get someone else in, we''ll see how we go.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]I really hope so, Morty. But there just seems like so much momentum behind it.[/quote]All it takes is one journo to write something speculative, and all the news runs with it.Its what they want, they want Lambert to go to Villa, its almost like they are playing their part in making it happen.

Sod tribunals and compensation,that is for another day.If PL goes we need to sort out a new manager asap together with backroom staff because Culverhouse and Karsa will be off as well so that plans for next season can be in place before pre season training commences.Lambert & Co owe us nothing so move on everybody and hope and pray McNally can strike gold twice.A big ask and his unblemished reputation at NCFC since he arrived is now very much under the micrscope.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"] lets hope we take him and Villa to the f**king cleaners and press for him to be on an enforced year long gardening leave for breach of contract!.[/quote]

What contract? Rolling contract = No contract.

He didn''t have a contract to breach, there is no contract for Villa to pay off.

That''s always been the agreement, he can leave when he wants, we can get rid of him when he wants.

Villa owe us precisely £0.[/quote]I thought it was a one year rolling contract?[/quote]

Oh I see.... didn''t realize. I just assumed that ''rolling'' meant no duration put on it.

Like an ongoing temp. Of course, we still don''t know what terms were in that contract.

E.g. does it come into effect each 1st June?

If he has walked out with a year left, and joins Villa without compensation being agreed, then he is going to get himself a bit of a reputation. Not that Cowling will mind, he will be delighted.

Always thought it would take something big to end my very long PinkUn exile, Lambert leaving is one of them. I didn''t even come back for Grant Holt.

Worrying times :(

A rolling contract (if indeed that''s what he was on, to my knowledge the club have never been specific about Lambert''s contract terms) doesn''t become effective on a date. Instead, think of his contract as always expiring a year from now, hence rolling.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Sod tribunals and compensation,that is for another day.If PL goes we need to sort out a new manager asap together with backroom staff because Culverhouse and Karsa will be off as well so that plans for next season can be in place before pre season training commences.Lambert & Co owe us nothing so move on everybody and hope and pray McNally can strike gold twice.A big ask and his unblemished reputation at NCFC since he arrived is now very much under the micrscope.[/quote]

Just because Lambert appears to have taken the cowards way out and walked doesnt mean that Culverhouse has or indeed wants to?

Lets make him an offer to have a more senior role here at Norwich (who unlike Lambert has an attachment to), as it would seem that it is he who is involved in much of the coaching.   Do this if nothing else to spite Villa and really see how much Lambert really does do on his own ?!?!?!?

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]A rolling contract (if indeed that''s what he was on, to my knowledge the club have never been specific about Lambert''s contract terms) doesn''t become effective on a date. Instead, think of his contract as always expiring a year from now, hence rolling.[/quote]

Why does it have to be a year? Why can''t it be a month''s notice? Or a weeks notice? Or a days notice?

We don''t have to register our manager for the year like we do the players.

I was under the impression that either party could end the contract no questions asked, and that it has no end date. I may be wrong though.

So an indefinite contract. Having a one year contract each year seemly suggests automatic renewal or having an option to renew.

I''m not feeling confident.

Lambert and Mcnally have probably been tucked up in bed since 10 and have no idea as to the chaos that sorrounds them.

Anyone know the contracts of the other staff? Or did they all flip out and resign at 12 o clock tonight?

We should have let him talk to them, like Wigan always do with Martinez. What goes around comes around unfortunately & we are going to be left feeling like the Colchester fans 3 seasons ago. If we''d have agreed to him talking to them there is no guarantee he would have gone, as something obviously put Martinez off before.

I only logged on to start a rumour that maybe something had been agreed with villa & maybe we were lining up Karl Robinson as replacement given the early announcement of the pre-season friendly! I know its a punt but could be a young manager that''s going places albeit that MK Dons have missed out in play offs two years running.

Was gutted to see this post!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Sod tribunals and compensation,that is for another day.If PL goes we need to sort out a new manager asap together with backroom staff because Culverhouse and Karsa will be off as well so that plans for next season can be in place before pre season training commences.Lambert & Co owe us nothing so move on everybody and hope and pray McNally can strike gold twice.A big ask and his unblemished reputation at NCFC since he arrived is now very much under the micrscope.[/quote]I agree re: the tribunals but we would get something even though we would most certainly have to wait a very long time to receive it.As for prospective new managers, let''s hope that McNally once again has sole responsibilty for recruitment, otherwise NCFC will soon be in on unholy mess again before long. Keep the other directors away from the recruitment process!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]Why does it have to be a year? Why can''t it be a month''s notice? Or a weeks notice? Or a days notice?

We don''t have to register our manager for the year like we do the players.

I was under the impression that either party could end the contract no questions asked, and that it has no end date. I may be wrong though.

So an indefinite contract. Having a one year contract each year seemly suggests automatic renewal or having an option to renew.

I''m not feeling confident.[/quote]It''s a year if it''s a one year rolling contract. But it could theoretically be a one week rolling contract. The idea of it is that the club know that if anyone wants to nab the manager, they will be due 1 year''s wages in compensation, and the manager gets the security of knowing his contract can''t just run out. Likewise if he was fired, it''s one year''s wages to him.

[quote user="Richards Son"]We should have let him talk to them, like Wigan always do with Martinez. What goes around comes around unfortunately & we are going to be left feeling like the Colchester fans 3 seasons ago. If we''d have agreed to him talking to them there is no guarantee he would have gone, as something obviously put Martinez off before.

I only logged on to start a rumour that maybe something had been agreed with villa & maybe we were lining up Karl Robinson as replacement given the early announcement of the pre-season friendly! I know its a punt but could be a young manager that''s going places albeit that MK Dons have missed out in play offs two years running.

Was gutted to see this post![/quote]Karl Robinson!!Karl Robinson, I don''t think the fan''ll understandIf we sign Robinson they might have a riot on their hands.

Simon Thomas seems to think so. I know, he''s just that not very famous bloke off of Blue Peter right?

I dismissed his tweets as that at first, then I remembered that he is now the star of Sky Sports News.

Simon Thomas ‏@SimonThomasSky

back from the brink & gave us three unforgettable seasons. I wish him well - but not too well. #OTBC

@NorwichCityFC

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

8m Simon Thomas ‏@SimonThomasSky

So sounds like PL is off. Gt shame but sadly inevitable. When the dust settles I''ll remember him as the manager who helped pull #NCFC >

Sky Sports News don''t often get it wrong, and being a Norwich fan we can be confident that he would have made phone calls to their researchers before bothering with the goodbye.

Well, farewell Lambert. Have my gratitude for turning the club around, we have to move on and pick somebody who can hopefully take us even further.

Great manager, but not the only great manager around.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Sod tribunals and compensation,that is for another day.If PL goes we need to sort out a new manager asap together with backroom staff because Culverhouse and Karsa will be off as well so that plans for next season can be in place before pre season training commences.Lambert & Co owe us nothing so move on everybody and hope and pray McNally can strike gold twice.A big ask and his unblemished reputation at NCFC since he arrived is now very much under the micrscope.[/quote]

You don''t have to be a 17-year-old computer geek to wonder if McNally''s reputation is quite so unblemished. But, leaving that aside, the circumstances last time were strange. Arguably unique. Having - supposedly - argued for Gunn''s sacking, McNally was able in one fell swoop to solve the problem he had created by recommending to the board someone he had worked with (albeit not in a football capacity) as the successor. Those advantages will be available to McNally this time. It is highly unlikely that there will be one obvious or preferred candidate. There will be probably at least half a dozen really serious options. Some more feasible than other, some more available, some more expensive, some more risky. And McNally''s voice will be one among seven.