Sign in to follow this  
bringbackandyhughes

I hope Eliot Ward is one of the players who now wants to leave

although, yes ward is sh*te, he is a decent squad player and also we don''t want to give the new manager too much to do too quickly imo

plus, i don''t think we should turn our backs on players that have done nothing wrong (this includes me as well). As a club we need to stick together through this brief period of uncertanty.

p.s- I hope PL fails miserably at the spa

Don''t start slagging off the players.    What are you trying to do - make the situation worse??   

The squad is a good strong one which has just worked hard to help us stay in the premiership.

Why start on the players now?  

Cheer up for goodness sake.

On the one hand we criticize Holt and Lambert for showing a lack of loyalty, on the other hand we do our best to drive Morison and Ward out of the club.

Elliot is a decent player. He has never let us down and is the perfect squad player for a club of our standing.

Unfair and inaccurate slagging-off such as this is neither constructive nor helpful.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Elliot is a decent player. He has never let us down and is the perfect squad player for a club of our standing.

Unfair and inaccurate slagging-off such as this is neither constructive nor helpful.

[/quote]

Guess you missed the Liverpool game then?

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Don''t start slagging off the players.    What are you trying to do - make the situation worse??   

[/quote]

This. In spades.

We''re hurting at the moment and we all need to pull together and give anyone who wants to pull on that yellow shirt our full support. We''ll have a massive role to play next season. 

[quote user="bringbackandyhughes"]So as a result he does not sign his new contract. He is simply not up to it.[/quote]

Yeah just great,Whitbread has gone so let''s decimate the squad whilst we have no manager.Brilliant idea.[:@]

I''m just of the opinion that we will be wasting a vast amount of money on him if he signs say a 3 year contract on prem wages which will amount to about 1 million pounds down the swanny. I hope all contracts that are not signed are on hold till a new manager is appointed.

"Guess you missed the Liverpool game then?"

No, neither did I miss the rest of the games he played in last season. Ok, his was a fill-in because better (maybe) players were injured. He did not let us down under those circumstances. We can''t afford to have a squad of top-drawer, high earning players sitting around to be called upon occasionally when needed. We have to rely on a few Mr. Dependables as we are neither a Manchester City nor a Chelsea.

[quote user="bringbackandyhughes"]I''m just of the opinion that we will be wasting a vast amount of money on him if he signs say a 3 year contract on prem wages which will amount to about 1 million pounds down the swanny. I hope all contracts that are not signed are on hold till a new manager is appointed.[/quote]

Peter The Deleter informed us yesterday on another thread (please don''t ask me which one) that the four players out of contract have had their one year extension clause activated.

I think we can pretty safely say that whoever the new manager is will decide who (inc Ward) stays and who does not. I do not suppose he will give a tinker''s toss about the ramblings of us here on this forum.

At least that''s what I hope he''ll do. Because if he does act on what he reads on here, the club really IS up $h1t''s Creek without a paddle.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

Because if he does act on what he reads on here, the club really IS up $h1t''s Creek without a paddle.

[/quote]

And here speaks the voice of reason. [Y]

[quote user="bringbackandyhughes"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

Guess you missed the Liverpool game then?[/quote]

Guess you missed every other game?

He made 3 mistakes in that game, so unfair to conclude the players ability on those 3 mistakes, and not even the rest of the game, he was on fire for the first 20 minutes I don''t care what you say he was playing really well. Then one mistake obviously shattered his confidence hence the 2 that followed. Maybe if it weren''t for fans like you getting on his back he wouldn''t have shown a clear loss of confidence after?