Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

West Ham bid 4.5 million for Holt?

Today''s Daily Telegraph are quoting Villa as considering a bid of £3m for Holt - perhaps we can push them higher and with this fee plus compensation for Lambert have a basis for signing a good striker!

[quote user="Salopian"]Today''s Daily Telegraph are quoting Villa as considering a bid of £3m for Holt - perhaps we can push them higher and with this fee plus compensation for Lambert have a basis for signing a good striker![/quote]

Codswallop.

Not only will it be rejected, I very much doubt we would sell any players to Villa for at least 12 months.  West Ham have ''reportedly'' bid £4.5m after having a bid of £3m rejected.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="smooth"]We have to act swiftly.Quite simply we need to move on this now.

Lambert has gone and Grant Holt needs to have been sold very quickly, next week both have to have gone. We need to start getting our manager search on and begin to progress quickly.

Bidding wars are dangerous, but lets hope a few clubs are keen and move quickly themselves.

Our biggest question is what type of manager, to be honest as Lambert has left we need to look at a manager who will also install the self belief and drive.

Few players out of contract might be very worried about their future, as I can see a mini clearout being more likely with a new man coming in with his team.

We just need to move very very quickly.
[/quote]

This is why I believe we should offer job to Culverhouse

[/quote]

Honestly I think we have to forget this one - he''ll be on the Villa bench next to Lambert as he was at Wycombe, Colchester and City.

[quote user="city4eva"]

Why so much hatred for Holt? I despair at some of our so called supporters, One of the reasons Lambert has gone is because of the treatment dished out to Morrison.

Normal for Norfolks,,we have to many of them supporting NCFC

[/quote]Are you for real? seriously? If Lambert wants to find out what a ''hard time'' is, he''ll find out at Villa if goes wrong

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="city4eva"]

Why so much hatred for Holt? I despair at some of our so called supporters, One of the reasons Lambert has gone is because of the treatment dished out to Morrison.

Normal for Norfolks,,we have to many of them supporting NCFC

[/quote]

You want to provide some evidence to back up that claim?

[/quote]

i think he may have made that up  ;)

[quote user="colneycanary"]Here we go! The Star reporting that West Ham have bid 4.5 million for Holt. Big Sam trying to get Holt before Lambert gets a chance.[/quote]

Take the money quick before they change their minds. [:)]

[quote user="Salopian"]Today''s Daily Telegraph are quoting Villa as considering a bid of £3m for Holt - perhaps we can push them higher and with this fee plus compensation for Lambert have a basis for signing a good striker![/quote]

I don''t think Holt will be going anywhere with Lambert. My impression has always been that Lambert has been very reserved in the way he has managed Holt and less than fulsomel in his praise for him because Holt was the one player he could not claim the credit for in terms of bringing into the club. As a result I do believe that their relTionship isnpretty cold.

What are the odds on Leeds being interested in holt, id hate to lose him,lets face it, to replace a striker with 15 prem goals these days is likely to cost us £10mil or more before wages are taken into account, so personally if all this is over a 3 yr contract then give it to him. Having said that if as it seems this situation is beyond compromise then maybe we can tempt leeds with a player swap for Snodgrass? Warnock has been so critical of Holt in the past but im sure thats more out of admiration, i bet he would love him at leeds. We can not sell him to West ham, as it stands we are likely to be in the bottom half of the table, and if the worst happens we do not want to sell a 15goal striker to one of the possible relegation candidates, where his goas could cost us a lot more then a few million.

I still think the Lambert and Holt situations are un-related, remember that Lambert didnt start Holt for around a third (?) of our games this season, including late in the season at home to Liverpool.

If he didnt think that he was undroppable for Norwich, why would he at Villa??

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I still think the Lambert and Holt situations are un-related, remember that Lambert didnt start Holt for around a third (?) of our games this season, including late in the season at home to Liverpool.

If he didnt think that he was undroppable for Norwich, why would he at Villa??

[/quote]

Fully agree with this assessment.

Holt has limitations, and he will find it tougher to play each and every game if he moves to another club. But good luck to him, I think this has been a helping hand as we can now look for new strikers to come into the club.For me we do business next week, add that money to the pot for the new manager and it settles a situation that could become very vile otherwise.

I just cant believe these comments about Holt. There appears no doubt that he has been ill advised by a very poor agent representing him.

Comments here and on other threads stating that we dont need him as Morison is better and will replace him and on this thread similar comment re Rhodes.

I appeal to all those with this knee jerk reaction -just take a look again at Holts goals and contributions these last three years. Have another listen to McNally''s interview on SSN yesterday.

Once we know the outcome of all this then surely that will be the time to let vent our feelings. I may be even in the front row with my knitting but meanwhile I will believe only the comments from our CEO, surely one of the best around!!

Id drive him there youself if I was you. Never did well at a higher level till he played for you ungrateful barsteward.

I despair too Bury. 70 goals in three seasons haven''t been reduced just because he''s asked for a transfer. Those who say we should accept the money as though it''s a good deal want to have another long hard think. How long did it take to replace Davies or Sutton or Roberts? Quite a few million could well be wasted in the process. Whilst there''s a chance that this can be resolved that should be our priority. Some posters would do well to take this back on the pitch and ask themselves if Holty ever let us down.

Whether West Ham bid true or not, the level has been set, lets have an auction.  Like to see GH in London getting further away from his beloved North country, £5m will get him.

Hopefully we will get in a quality manager very quickly and he will put his arm around the players, dust them down and bring some stability. All of the recent events are unsettling for the players but that can be turned around very quickly. We are a Premiership team that finished 12th last year and we have some great young players that will improve further under a good manager. If we get the right man and in our position, who would not want to join us. This will all be forgotten by the start of the season and we will be talking about aiming for a place in the top ten before a ball is kicked. All this hate and disappointment will be channelled back into supporting our team. Holt will be made to feel very important and will stay.

[quote user="Hackedoff"]The sooner these 2 scumbags are out of this club the better!![/quote]

Absolutely. Norwich City helped make them. Without City, one could still be a 4th Division striker and the other going nowhere fast with Col U.

£4.5 million we should have bit their arm off , coming up to 32 , been a lower league journeyman all his career , probably a one season wonder in the top flight and is determined he does not want to play for us again .Take the money and put it towards Rodriguez or Rhodes .