Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

West Ham bid 4.5 million for Holt?

Here we go! The Star reporting that West Ham have bid 4.5 million for Holt. Big Sam trying to get Holt before Lambert gets a chance.

wondering could we add Sam Baldock to the deal young and one for the future and i know lower levels but a career average of one in 3 so not to bad either, would apear westham would be well stocked  for strikers with the adation of holt.  would sweeten the deal enough for me, although id not wish holt to leave but appears he is unsettled at nowrich now

Charlie Wyett in the Sun claims we have a full scale player revolt on our hands as they are all pissed off with Lambert going .

[quote user="Ncfc"]Charlie Wyett in the Sun claims we have a full scale player revolt on our hands as they are all pissed off with Lambert going .[/quote]They should take it out on Lambert.They should also have a word with Holt for being stupid enough to make demands when the club is trying to sort out the managerial position.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Ncfc"]Charlie Wyett in the Sun claims we have a full scale player revolt on our hands as they are all pissed off with Lambert going .[/quote]They should take it out on Lambert.They should also have a word with Holt for being stupid enough to make demands when the club is trying to sort out the managerial position.[/quote]
Totally agree. If they want to strop at someone, strop at Lambert for being a cnut. I very much doubt there is much truth in the Sun mutiny story, but it also included an aside that West Ham have had a 3m bid for Holt turned down, and goes on to claim we want double that at least. If there is any truth in it, then our players need to grow a pair and grow up rather than having temper tantrums.

The actual quote from the Sun story:
“It has been an amazing season and it’s a shame it’s all ending like this. A lot of the players are very unhappy about what is going on.”

From a Norwich player, apparently.
Sounds less like a revolt and more like anger at the fact they feel Lambert (and now Holt) are trying to abandon them. They have every right to be unhappy, but they shouldn''t blame the club for this. 

[quote user="Gareth"]The actual quote from the Sun story:
“It has been an amazing season and it’s a shame it’s all ending like this. A lot of the players are very unhappy about what is going on.”

Sounds less like a revolt and more like anger at the fact they feel Lambert (and now Holt) are trying to abandon them. They have every right to be unhappy, but they shouldn''t blame the club for this. 
[/quote]You don''t believe that though do you? The Sun are famous for that line.. How many times have you heard their sh!te stories about cr@ppy celeb love stories where "Sh!te Celeb in furious split from Sh!te Celeb" is the headline and inside it says "Sh!te celeb''s close friend said that Sh!te Celeb is devastated after bla bla bla..."

We have to act swiftly.Quite simply we need to move on this now.Lambert has gone and Grant Holt needs to have been sold very quickly, next week both have to have gone. We need to start getting our manager search on and begin to progress quickly.Bidding wars are dangerous, but lets hope a few clubs are keen and move quickly themselves.Our biggest question is what type of manager, to be honest as Lambert has left we need to look at a manager who will also install the self belief and drive.Few players out of contract might be very worried about their future, as I can see a mini clearout being more likely with a new man coming in with his team.We just need to move very very quickly.

I''d have been happy with 3.5 so 4.5 maybe 5 is an excellent piece of business. Move over old man Holt make way for the young goal machine that is Jordan Rhodes.

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="Gareth"]The actual quote from the Sun story:

[/quote]You don''t believe that though do you? The Sun are famous for that line.. How many times have you heard their sh!te stories about cr@ppy celeb love stories where "Sh!te Celeb in furious split from Sh!te Celeb" is the headline and inside it says "Sh!te celeb''s close friend said that Sh!te Celeb is devastated after bla bla bla..."[/quote]
I don''t believe anything the Sun says, I actually find it a hilarious paper when it is not being sexist/racist/xenophobic/downright disgusting. I view it more as a joke than a serious news source. Somehow this joke is the most popular newspaper in Britain, words fail me. 

[quote user="smooth"]We have to act swiftly.Quite simply we need to move on this now.

Lambert has gone and Grant Holt needs to have been sold very quickly, next week both have to have gone. We need to start getting our manager search on and begin to progress quickly.

Bidding wars are dangerous, but lets hope a few clubs are keen and move quickly themselves.

Our biggest question is what type of manager, to be honest as Lambert has left we need to look at a manager who will also install the self belief and drive.

Few players out of contract might be very worried about their future, as I can see a mini clearout being more likely with a new man coming in with his team.

We just need to move very very quickly.
[/quote]

This is why I believe we should offer job to Culverhouse

Westham are in for kenwyne Jones. The moose on talksport is a big westham fan and always seems to know a bit about what is going on. He said he would rather it be grant holt but he has heard they have put a bid in for Jones. Paper talk

I don''t think we''ll take anything less than £10m.

Is McNally rubbing Holt''s face in it a bit saying how valuable he is to us, worth more than Villa''s reported budget, yet not giving him the 3 year contract he wanted?[:^)]

I''d laugh my bleeding head off if Villa are priced out of a move for Holt.  Shambert will have to find a plan b & lard arse can go count his money on Wet Spam''s bench.  City will move on and cope without them.

[quote user="scrappy33"]I''d have been happy with 3.5 so 4.5 maybe 5 is an excellent piece of business. Move over old man Holt make way for the young goal machine that is Jordan Rhodes.[/quote]

There is no comparison between the 2, If you think Holt only scores goals you are deluded

I saw someone say this on Twitter, pretty much sums up how I see it:

"If the players are angry at anyone it should be Lambert, for selling them a vision that he didn''t believe in himself"

Why so much hatred for Holt? I despair at some of our so called supporters, One of the reasons Lambert has gone is because of the treatment dished out to Morrison.

Normal for Norfolks,,we have to many of them supporting NCFC

[quote user="city4eva"]

Why so much hatred for Holt? I despair at some of our so called supporters, One of the reasons Lambert has gone is because of the treatment dished out to Morrison.

[/quote]

Really?  Did he tell you this personally?[:^)]

[quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]
You want to provide some evidence to back up that claim?