Sign in to follow this  
jed exodous

Hols agent on Radio Norfolk...

Anyone else just hear him going off on one?

Really pee''d me off.  Basically Holts agent, Lee somenobody or other, reckons Holt negotiated and signed his deal at the end of 2011 season, on the basis they would renegotiate if he done well at the end of this season.  So they went to the board in March, and asked about a 3rd year on the contract, no money mentioned apparently at this point.  Mcnally told them to wait for a week, a week turned into a month, turned into 2 months.  Holts agent went back at the end of the season, and claims Mcnally bluntly told them no 3rd year, Holt is too old.  No money has been mentioned at all apparently.

I''d like to hear the clubs take on it.  But why couldn''t Holt been patient?  We had numerous players out of contract or with less time, or perhaps seeking improved deals.  Why is Holt so desperate for the 3rd year?  He probably does deserve it, but he must respect that the club is a business and that we should not make long term commitments on a player who may not be the player he is today in another 2 or 3 years time.

Hearing the agent gobbing off has really pee''d me off even more over this whole situation.  The club sound as if they aren''t completely blameless, but Holt signed the deal.  Why didn''t they negotiate better terms last summer?

So basically Holt wants to leave cause we won''t give him 3 years.  I don''t really see many top flight clubs offering 3 years either.  Its a little strange.  Also agent said absolutly no contact with Villa, no bust up with Lambert and their contracts aren''t related at all...

Grrrr, after 3 fantastic years, what a truly crap week for Norwich fans...

Still, the club will go on.

PS, Also heard some of Mcnally''s interview about Lambert, I liked what he said, apart from how he''d be happy to have him back at his desk tomorrow.  Too much damage has been done there for my liking.  I wouldn''t want him back, his hearts not in the job now, thats for sure...

Makes no difference to my opinion of the matter. His agent is just trying to turn us against McNally to get his own way. I know which horse I''m backing - McNally! and so should we all, if i got offended everytime somebody said I was too old I''d have topped myself by now!Grow up Mr Holt and if you''ve got any sense bin that lunatic agent of yours and have the balls to make your own decisions. You''ve already left the club in my eyes and to be honest good riddance, we thought we had a special group of players with no big egos led by a manager of similar ilk. In reality it seems like we''ve been led up the garden path and had the pi$$ taken out of us. So in light of that, see ya and all the bes,t but Norwich City definitely isn''t the club for you in hindsight.Stick to your guns McNally and get the supporters behind you!Three cheers for McNasty, hip hip........

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Jed, I thought the original contract was for 3 years so are you saying they wanted a 4th year?

[/quote]

Yeah, Basically I referred to it as 3 because they were asking for 3 years from this spring, so to the end of 2015 season.  But he did sign a 3 year contract last spring, in 2011...

Have to agree withe next post after yours Nutty, feels like we''ve been cheated...

This situation really can be saved.

Tell the man to sack his agent, give him another year, then make the agent look like the only tosser involved.

McNally saves face, Holt saves face, we can live happily ever after safe in the knowledge that we have Holt for the rest of his useful career.

I''m sorry but we just aren''t going to get anybody better than Holt.

If it is true, and he was told that he would get another year, then Holt probably has a little right to feel aggrieved.

He has still gone about this childishly, inappropriately, and he is still a thick tory cnut.

But he is a good striker, and if giving him another year (perhaps with a relegation wage decrease clause) is all that is required to effectively keep us up next year, then for goodness sake give him it.

If we go down next year without Holt, then people will be looking back and analyzing what went wrong.

I fear that letting Holt go over something relatively simple would be a very big factor.

I would forgive Holt as soon as he stuck the f''in ball in the net in front of the Barclay to be honest.

It would shut a few Leeds, Ipswich, and QPR fans up as well.

SIGN HIM UP.

Yes, I heard it as well. Should Grant Holt really expect the club to re-negotiate his contract before everyone else and also at a time when it is not certain who the manager is ?.

As for Lambert staying on, if you think about it he has been very canny and has said absolutely nothing officially. All we know for certain is that he offered his resignation and the club refused to accept it. The club has not critiscised him at all and Lambert has not bad-mouthed the club. Everything else has been based on our own speculation, unfounded rumours, The Sun and Sky Sports( which is the same as unfounded rumours). Based on official statements, no bridges have been burned, have they???.

The big question is would we want him to stay ?  

Juan, he doesn''t want to be here, so he should f*ck off, and we should make as much dosh out of him as we can.   We want players who want to be here.  Lappin or Holt - Lappin.  Ok, we might not score so many goals (if any!!!) but we''ll enjoy it a hell of a lot more watching, supporting, shouting for players who want to be with us than ''journeyman pro''s''.  That''s what Holt is, go play for the highest bidder.

I''d prefer to wait and see what happens Jed. It''s what happens on the pitch that matters to me. These public statements and negotiations don''t sit well with me but they are part of the modern game. Was it last year or the year before that Rooney did something similar? But after it was sorted he never gave nothing but his best for the club. I''ve never seen Holt give anything but his best for the club and that buys him plenty of good will from me.

This has been handled so badly by both sides from the sounds of things.

McNally should have been clear he wasn''t going to deal with an extension until a set date or be upfront and tell Holt there wasn''t going to be another year.

And Holt (his agent) can''t expect his issue to be sorted instantly. I understand Holt wants security for his family and his career etc, and it is good I believe that this was because he wanted to stay at the club and not due to other issues in the club, but he must appreciate our financial restraints and the public manner in which this has occurred is really awful.

So the same Grant Holt who went public about Christmas time saying he wanted to see out his current contract at Norwich and then return to his home town club of Carlisle to finish his career actually ment to say he wanted to extend his contract at Norwich by a further year!

Holt and his agent are wrong and they are lying out their teeth I believe. Their handling of this has been horrendous.

I can''t see a premiership club giving him a 3 year contract so my money is on him moving to a rich club in the championship who have more money than sense who will give Hume that 3 year deal. I expect to see Holt in a Leicester shirt next season but that is just a hunch.

I''m backing McNally all the way.

[quote user="Armchair Follower"]

The big question is would we want him to stay ?  

[/quote]

The only thing I know for sure about this situation is that Lambert tendered his resignation, meaning that he no longer wants to manage my football club, and to that end I don''t want him to either. If he doesn''t like what he''s heard at Villa and realises the mistake he''s making then it''s tough luck, as far as I''m concerned he''s made his bed and he should sleep in it.

If you read this Holty,  talk to Hucks about how to handle agents.  He told his agent what he wanted and made sure he got what  HE wanted.  What do you want?  To stay?    To go?  Sort your agent out.    If he doesn''t get you what you want - bypass him and sort it yourself.   If you have been led down a path you can''t get out of, swallow your pride and accept the situation.  Your agent has led you into this - has painted the situation to make it look bad to you.  But is it really?  Or has the agent just messed everything up?    

Tell your agent you want it sorted - no games - if you want to go, fine - but if you want to stay just tell him you want it sorted.  McNally is no match for agents.   He''s far too shrewd a customer.    He will win every time.   Hucks sorted his agent out - couldn''t you do the same with yours??

Both sides being very stubborn.

I hope this is resolved purely and simply because Grant Holt is quality striker.

I don''t want to see him scoring goals for somebody else next season, I want him to score goals for us.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

If you read this Holty,  talk to Hucks about how to handle agents.  He told his agent what he wanted and made sure he got what  HE wanted.  What do you want?  To stay?    To go?  Sort your agent out.    If he doesn''t get you what you want - bypass him and sort it yourself.   If you have been led down a path you can''t get out of, swallow your pride and accept the situation.  Your agent has led you into this - has painted the situation to make it look bad to you.  But is it really?  Or has the agent just messed everything up?    

Tell your agent you want it sorted - no games - if you want to go, fine - but if you want to stay just tell him you want it sorted.  McNally is no match for agents.   He''s far too shrewd a customer.    He will win every time.   Hucks sorted his agent out - couldn''t you do the same with yours??

[/quote]

I doubt he can read to be honest, he certainly can''t write.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]Both sides being very stubborn. I hope this is resolved purely and simply because Grant Holt is quality striker. I don''t want to see him scoring goals for somebody else next season, I want him to score goals for us.[/quote]

Nice to see someone else taking it back to what happens on the pitch.[Y]

A week turned into 2 months

Give me strength is hardly a life sentence is it

How does being a born again christian or whatever this dickhead is square with being a dirty money grabbing scumbag.

No way can he stay and no way he should the Chief Exec is just getting his price up

[quote user="militantcanary"]A week turned into 2 months

Give me strength is hardly a life sentence is it

How does being a born again christian or whatever this dickhead is square with being a dirty money grabbing scumbag.

No way can he stay and no way he should the Chief Exec is just getting his price up[/quote]

All agents are like Estate agents only interested in getting money no matter what the price in stress etc.

Holt needs to smell the coffee we do NOT have to sell. We saved his career and yes he saved our club so thats quits for me!

McNally was worried about surviving and then probably keeping manager, so of course could not commit . Wait until new manager then this will be sorted one way or other and I for one want Holt here just make sure we can afford it if get relegated with release clause both sides happy then

Feel so sorry for Holt here, i think him and his agent are honest guys who felt they''ve been lied to.

Call me gullible, but i don''t think they would have that much balls to phone up Norfolk and be willing to open up on the matter if it wasn''t the case. I simply feel that if you stand up to McNally you''re instantly in a battle where there''s no middle line to take, and so naivety has put them in this position.

And i really feel as though you''re all a bunch of ***** (Insert there what you want) for what some of you are saying about him.... Sorry, i don''t mean that personally, but i''m just in shock at the reaction towards him and have so much anger building up that i had to say that, no offence meant by it, but i''m incapable of putting it into any other words.

So so sad... And there''s no way back now, not after the abuse that he''s received over twitter about him being mentally thick and physically fat etc. I would lose my desire to play for a bunch of turncoats like that, It must be a really sad day for the guy and his family... so sad.

I Still love him as much as last month, been simply amazing for us both on and off the pitch, as player, representative and talisman. If any of you have seen him with the kids in the area and how down to earth and approachable he is - Man, eat your words and choke!

Oh... my...

Now listening to the interview on iplayer, my post was based on snippets i''d read previously.

I''ll apologise for calling some of you ****''s, i can''t believe what he''s saying, and i''m only half way through...

...and he''s thinking this makes Holt and himself look better? Should''ve kept his mouth shout, phoned up Grant and said ''Sorry mate, but i''ve screwed up''.

Sounds like a child in the playground telling tales.

Unbelievable, i wasn''t expecting it to be this bad.

Why should they be front of the queue if there''s a 2 year deal already there?

I personally won''t turn on Holt, but i can see where some of you are coming from now. Apologies again.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Feel so sorry for Holt here, i think him and his agent are honest guys who felt they''ve been lied to.

Call me gullible, but i don''t think they would have that much balls to phone up Norfolk and be willing to open up on the matter if it wasn''t the case. I simply feel that if you stand up to McNally you''re instantly in a battle where there''s no middle line to take, and so naivety has put them in this position.

And i really feel as though you''re all a bunch of ***** (Insert there what you want) for what some of you are saying about him.... Sorry, i don''t mean that personally, but i''m just in shock at the reaction towards him and have so much anger building up that i had to say that, no offence meant by it, but i''m incapable of putting it into any other words.

So so sad... And there''s no way back now, not after the abuse that he''s received over twitter about him being mentally thick and physically fat etc. I would lose my desire to play for a bunch of turncoats like that, It must be a really sad day for the guy and his family... so sad.

I Still love him as much as last month, been simply amazing for us both on and off the pitch, as player, representative and talisman. If any of you have seen him with the kids in the area and how down to earth and approachable he is - Man, eat your words and choke![/quote]

Most of te abuse and Micky taking about his spelling and weight is not from ncfc fans

If he had signed an extra year onto his contract, that means he is going to end up with his current wage for an extra year = more money. They probably know damn well that in 2 years time, that extra third year coming up Holt is not going to be a player worth the wage he is on now, he''ll be 33 and getting on a bit too much.

So that''s why they want to extra year - to secure his high wage for longer and to bring in more money. If they can''t get that, then it seems sensible to look for money elsewhere, and that is by moving to a bigger club who might only offer a two year contract, but on wages that are far more than he is on here and so makes up for the shortening of length.

As for throwing his toys out of the pram because he wasn''t being looked at first, in fairness, if they were indeed told in March to "come back in a week", then I think they''ve got a fairly decent point that we''re now 3 months down the line (or 2 and a half months when the transfer request was handed in), and they still hadn''t heard anything. If they had been told come back at the end of the season and we''ll discuss it, then fair enough, but I''d also be a bit annoyed if I had been kept waiting 9 times longer than I was told I would have to.

It can all be solved, but I''m not sure it will be.

Can''t bring myself to listen to it Aggy, but from what I''ve read Payne said that McNally came back with an offer last week which they rejected because too much damage had been done. Don''t see how it can be resolved if that''s the case, McNally doesn''t strike me as the sort to beg and Holt has taken a shit load of abuse on Twitter today which won''t have helped. That being said, the timing of both the original request and this one suggests he doesn''t really give a crap about what we think so maybe it won''t have bothered him.

He is club captain, the manager is just leaving in a not- great way, but Holt and his agent decide it is the prime time to do a shedload of crap stirring. Sorry, but are we really meant to feel sorry for him? NCFC is not, and never can ever be, about one man. His agent needs hs head seeing to if he thought acting this way today was a good idea.

If Lee Payne thinks he''s done his client any favours here he needs to think long and hard about whether this is the right career for him. from a fairly balanced opinion im now 100% behind McNally and think NCFC will actually be better off once this so called team captain exits our fine club.

I think I''m just going to fondly remember his goals over the past three years and hope this gets sorted!!!To much hate and vitriol around here. Wounds are yet to heal!!!We all know agents stir things up and probably lie to their players as they make money throught them. However, Holt may have an epiphany and realise the grass isn''t greener. If he does leave, then I''ll miss him and as many have said, I don''t want to see him scoring for another team. I wish him luck as I doubt he''s a nasty, greedy fella. He''s 31 and obviously wants some security.Unfortunately, i just have a feeling he will be be playing for West Ham next season - not sure I would be able to remember him so fondly if this were the case!Another interesting question is whether this would have happened had he been selected for England???

I think Big Iwan''s comments after Lee Payne had finished speaking are very telling. Iwan''s a very intelligent commentator and knows the game inside out as an ex-pro and he clearly came out 100% in favour of McNally and NCFC. You might have expected a bit of sympathy as an ex NCFC centre forward but no. Iwan''s comments are perhaps an indicator that within the game it''s probably thought that Holt (or more precisely his agent) has made a big misstep here. I so wish Holty had just put pen to paper at Drury''s testimonial. I do hope bruised egos can be healed. Perhaps Delia should invite Holty round for dinner and speak kindly to him :)

Maybe the arrival of a new manager will allow this all to be sorted out without anybody losing face and GH can get back onto the pitch for us next season and add to his "legend" reputation.

Mark .Y.