Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Lambert confirmed as Villa manager

Aston Villa statement:

The Board of Aston Villa are delighted to confirm that Paul Lambert has been appointed Villa manager.

No news (yet) in regards to compensation and any additional backroom staff going with.

Move on ? Blimey this messageboard will be rumbling on for days about Lambert. [:@] As i said earlier this morning when his appointment is announced at Villa about another 20 threads will pop up chewing it over. [:''(] And away we go i see already !!!!!!!

The fact they''ve announced it means that compensation has been agreed-good.

Presume they will deal with approaching Cully and Karsa as a separate matter and that will start asap.

Looking forward to thinking about who we are going to get in more now and not lamenting him moving on.

SSN "understand" Culverhouse will join Lambert.

Can we not do a "Colchester" and now view Villa as our rivals due to them taking our manager though please? 
Cheers for everything Paul, I thoroughly look forward to us beating you next season.

This announcement is even more predictable than that the weather is going to be pants for the Bank Hol long weekend.

Time to move on. I hope we can get a manager appointed before the Euros start.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

This announcement is even more predictable than that the weather is going to be pants for the Bank Hol long weekend.

Time to move on. I hope we can get a manager appointed before the Euros start.

[/quote]
6 days? (7 really as they''ll have been looking at targets since Lambert left) sounds a pretty good scale of time, two weeks at the most.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

''Norwich v Villa'' - the new ''Norwich v Ipswich'' !

[/quote]

No as a rivalry needs to be a two way street.

[quote user="Dodds"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

No as a rivalry needs to be a two way street.[/quote]

I''m sure we could make it so if we wished...

[quote user="Dodds"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

No as a rivalry needs to be a two way street.[/quote]
Why are you on an oppositions fan board anyway? Is your life so empty that you can only get your jollies (*wink*) by annoying other people? 

We must not let Grant Holt leave the club now. Offer him the 3 yrs, £30k a week I don''t care. The board say there not prepared to jeopardise the clubs finances but that''s exactly what theyll do if we get relegated next season.

The money we do have will go towards the debt and not on the squad to get us back up. A good appointment and retaining Holt and we should be next season.

We can''t afford a Holt replacement so he must not be allowed to walk out of the club simply for a measly 1 more yr or extra £5k a week. The risk and costs of losing Grant far outweigh the cost of keeping him in my view.

There is no point in keeping a player who doesn''t want to play for us. Unless the issues can be resolved, we should cash in. Ask any Newcastle fan, they''re delighted this happened with Andy Carroll now...

Lee Dixon quote on Football Focus......"It''s left a bitter taste"......How very true.

I thank him for his efforts at NCFC, but personally, I sincerely hope he flops at Villa.....

[quote user="thenorthstand"]There is no point in keeping a player who doesn''t want to play for us. Unless the issues can be resolved, we should cash in. Ask any Newcastle fan, they''re delighted this happened with Andy Carroll now...[/quote]

But it seems like the truth is he still does, he just wants more financial security. It would help if we knew the truth, we get Lee Payne coming out spouting about how much he loves the club and just wants 3 yrs etc.

If its about wanting a bigger stage like Villa or wanting to follow Lambert to the ''big time'' then fine let him go, but if its seriously just about earning more for longer at the club he loves then sort it out McNally!

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]We must not let Grant Holt leave the club now. Offer him the 3 yrs, £30k a week I don''t care. The board say there not prepared to jeopardise the clubs finances but that''s exactly what theyll do if we get relegated next season.

The money we do have will go towards the debt and not on the squad to get us back up. A good appointment and retaining Holt and we should be next season.

We can''t afford a Holt replacement so he must not be allowed to walk out of the club simply for a measly 1 more yr or extra £5k a week. The risk and costs of losing Grant far outweigh the cost of keeping him in my view.[/quote]If he doesn''t want to be here he won''t be half the player he was last season. Sell him before he can poison the minds of others in the dressing room, we have Vaughan, Jackson and Morison already so we cna replace him. I fear the price of making him stay will end up being more than just money and time.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Lee Dixon quote on Football Focus......"It''s left a bitter taste"......How very true.

I thank him for his efforts at NCFC, but personally, I sincerely hope he flops at Villa.....

[/quote]Spot on. Thanks for the memories Mr Lambert but we need 6 points off Villa next season and i hope they get relegated.[:P]

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="thenorthstand"]There is no point in keeping a player who doesn''t want to play for us. Unless the issues can be resolved, we should cash in. Ask any Newcastle fan, they''re delighted this happened with Andy Carroll now...[/quote]

But it seems like the truth is he still does, he just wants more financial security. It would help if we knew the truth, we get Lee Payne coming out spouting about how much he loves the club and just wants 3 yrs etc.

If its about wanting a bigger stage like Villa or wanting to follow Lambert to the ''big time'' then fine let him go, but if its seriously just about earning more for longer at the club he loves then sort it out McNally![/quote]

As I said, if it can be resolved then great! I agree that it shouldn''t come down to this over a few hundred grand a year.

Just so frustrating for us all not knowing what''s going on, whether it''s our business or not, its so frustrating.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]We must not let Grant Holt leave the club now. Offer him the 3 yrs, £30k a week [/quote]

= £4,680,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Matt you cannot be serious.

[quote user="A Roeder Rubbish"]Apparently Lambert to sign 3 year contract.[/quote]

3 year contract, 5 year contract or 1 year contract it makes no difference he will just walk out on it if he wants...what a joke and what a bitter taste left...PL i hope you flop and fail and if you are sacked I be sure to know I will be laughing...why oh why have you no loyalty and you could not be c ontent with being loved at Norwich.......so thanks for 3 great years but now you are nothing more than an x-manger so you know where you can stick it

A man with no morales and full of sh!T....clearly not a nice person...selfish and self centered