Sign in to follow this  
Jersey canary

Transfer buys

Where it went wrong :-

1) Not buying Ashton at the start the season, when the team was full of confidence and drawing lots of games, lots of chances were wasted...

2) Ashtons'' goals up to his transfer increased his price too £3M

3) Buying two goalies, funds could of been used to strengthen other positions?

4) Buying Safri and not playing him?

4) Keeping Fleming and not playing Shackell, if you get rid of Malkay please play someone with some height?

5) Dropping the Doc and Charlton and still playing Fleming, the first game against Crystal Palace saw Fleming losing Johnson and scoring this has been a problem all season - this guy is not good enough and does not warrant a two year contract..

I know that this seems like another moan at Worthington - but it is not I just hope that he learned from this and will not make the same mistakes when we get promoted in 2006

I agree with that.and there are a few more reasons which i can''t be bothered to go into like the chelsea game all there players had on their minds was barca with should have gone into that match tackeles flying in their faces but no we watched them play.  Nice norwich

- Ashton wasn''t really proven at the start of the season.

- Crewe knew they had a very good young player, highliy unlikely they''d let him go for less. £3M is still an absolute steal when you look at £6M for the likes of Beattie

- On several occasions this season had we not brought in two keepers then we would have had only had Lewis as cover, £250,000 ain''t going to get you a lot to improve elsewhere

But can''t disagree with anything else

I agree with all of the pionts made.
I wonder if Worthington reads these pages. He must know the fans opinions on most subjects and when there is an almost total agreement on a subject it seems strange that he will not be swayed by what seems to be an overwhelming opinion. It seems that Worthington sometimes is the only one not to see the obvious.