Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

So who are we going to bring in to replace Holt

Ji he wants to leave let him go .. for the right price £5M. but who do we bring in to take his place, how about Fletcher from Wolves younger and proven at Premiership level. Would probably come as he''s now in the Championship.

Any other "sensible " ideas

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Ji he wants to leave let him go .. for the right price £5M. but who do we bring in to take his place, how about Fletcher from Wolves younger and proven at Premiership level. Would probably come as he''s now in the Championship.

Any other "sensible " ideas

[/quote]

Great shout in Fletcher but I would imagine we wouldn''t be the only ones interested, but Holts irreplacable, we might get someone else that scores us 10 goals but he offers so much more than goals.

Trouble is whilst we are in a managerial vacuum other clubs will steal the initiative with signings. Fletcher good in principle but wages may be a factor i guess he is on a lot more than Holt which brought us to this problem anyway

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Holt, Fletcher or Zoua?

Let''s let their respective records decide....

[/quote]Not that hard to have a decent record when most of his career he has been banging them in for the likes of Shrewsbury , even Cody and C Martin were prolific at that level . Over the hill fat and greedy the sooner he follows the Scotsman out of the club the better.

[quote user="Gareth"]Chris Martin''s time to shine![/quote]Why is he getting a job polishing the players boots , nowhere even close to being a top flight player.

get as much as poss for Holt and get Andy Johnson or Louis Saha as they are both available on a free so that would do for a season at least!!!

Chris Martin????? Please! Nearly as bad as Heskey.

Having said that i do like both players but....

C.M wont do it at this level. No way.

Heskey, I''ve always liked, but, not now.

What do people think about Michael Owen? Still has a lot to offer at this level (imho) showed some real glimpses when came on as a sub a few times for Man.U last season.

Actually think he would work well with our midfield and Morrison or Simeon with him.

I do feel Morrison or Vaughny will go well alongside Simeon tho for coming season. Think S Jackson has a lot more to offer than most people think! Give him a good run and we''ll see

[quote user="TRAVIS ASKEW"]Chris Martin????? Please! Nearly as bad as Heskey. Having said that i do like both players but.... C.M wont do it at this level. No way. Heskey, I''ve always liked, but, not now. What do people think about Michael Owen? Still has a lot to offer at this level (imho) showed some real glimpses when came on as a sub a few times for Man.U last season. Actually think he would work well with our midfield and Morrison or Simeon with him. I do feel Morrison or Vaughny will go well alongside Simeon tho for coming season. Think S Jackson has a lot more to offer than most people think! Give him a good run and we''ll see[/quote]

Your post was ridiculous from the first line to the last ! Michael Owen ??? get a grip ..I would rather see chris martin back here....he has a lot more to offer than YOU think .

Gary Taylor-Fletcher, who was unfortunately injured for the play-off final for Blackpool and could come with Holloway. Same age as Holt.

We need two new strikers ideally if Holt''s going bearing in mind Wilbraham has been released too. I''d personally like to see Fletcher & Rhodes.

Holt, Fletcher or Zoua?

[/quote]You''re usually a voice of reason on this board, Nutty. One of the few posters I nearly always agree with, or at least value your opinion.However, I don''t think it comes down to Holt''s record any more. He has clearly expressed his desire to leave our club. Twice. A lot of his influenece on the squad has been his persona. An NCFC man through and through. You can''t quantify how much of a difference that makes, but it was clear to see on the pitch last season that the rest of the team seemed more "up for it" when he was on the pitch. Especially when he came back in after being dropped early season. I think that bubble has burst. I don''t think he''ll have the same effect on the team any more, and the crowd won''t get as big a lift any more when he comes off the bench, for example.I''d rather see us let him go and move on. Cash in now. Replace him with Rhodes or Fletcher, and give Morison the chance to fill his boots. I always felt that part of SM''s problem at the club was that he wasn''t Grant Holt. There are other players in the squad who can become heroes at Carrow Rd (E. Bennett, Pilks, Howson)The King is dead. Long live The King.

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]I thought Chrissy looked good before he was shipped out on loan, against WBA I thought he was one of our better players and harshly went. But ho, hum. All about opinions.[/quote]

Can''t head a ball, no pace, doesn''t like to get hurt etc etc..... yup, all about opinions.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]I thought Chrissy looked good before he was shipped out on loan, against WBA I thought he was one of our better players and harshly went. But ho, hum. All about opinions.[/quote]

Can''t head a ball, no pace, doesn''t like to get hurt etc etc..... yup, all about opinions.

[/quote]
To be fair, I don''t think any player likes getting hurt! (although maybe they''re into that sort of thing...)

Holt might want to leave what if we say he must stay it comes to Aug no move will GH refuse to play and lose salary for 2 weeks, not in squad for Prem, if GH going to play send him on loan we will get his wages paid and get a fee for the loan.  McNally toplay hard ball will also prove to other disgruntled players we mean business.  Don''t let the tail wag the dog.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

To be fair, I don''t think any player likes getting hurt! (although maybe they''re into that sort of thing...)

[/quote]

True, but Chrissy never gets hurt whereas other players take the risk. I just don''t see him as a brave player and a good striker needs that attribute. Just my opinion though.  

How about McNally taking to the field? He is the messiah after all [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

[quote user="QHcanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Holt, Fletcher or Zoua?

[/quote]

You''re usually a voice of reason on this board, Nutty. One of the few posters I nearly always agree with, or at least value your opinion.

However, I don''t think it comes down to Holt''s record any more. He has clearly expressed his desire to leave our club. Twice. A lot of his influenece on the squad has been his persona. An NCFC man through and through. You can''t quantify how much of a difference that makes, but it was clear to see on the pitch last season that the rest of the team seemed more "up for it" when he was on the pitch. Especially when he came back in after being dropped early season.

I think that bubble has burst. I don''t think he''ll have the same effect on the team any more, and the crowd won''t get as big a lift any more when he comes off the bench, for example.

I''d rather see us let him go and move on. Cash in now. Replace him with Rhodes or Fletcher, and give Morison the chance to fill his boots. I always felt that part of SM''s problem at the club was that he wasn''t Grant Holt. There are other players in the squad who can become heroes at Carrow Rd (E. Bennett, Pilks, Howson)

The King is dead. Long live The King.
[/quote]

I don''t know buddy. I haven''t listened to Radio Norfolk or even read any articles on who said what. TBH I don''t really care when it comes to discussing the merits of our players. Whether he''s greedy, selfish and unpopular or grateful and popular right now doesn''t matter to me. I just really hope he is leading us out in August. None of this changes anything about his performances for us. He''s still scored 70 goals in three seasons. He''s scored them at an unbelievable rate for a modern day player. His 1.86 games per goal is better than Ron Davies and of our top twenty all-time scorers only Ralph Hunt (1.83) and Roy Hollis (1.81) have a better record. When you consider his three seasons have included a season in the top division that record is phenomenal. That buys him so much good will from me. Whilst there''s still a chance I would have thought keeping him is the best option.

Wilbraham hasn''t upset anyone with his demands. But that doesn''t mean we should offer him a new contract. It''s what yolu do on the field that counts. Holt did enough last year to increase his value to us. Perhaps McNally should make more effort to recognise that. Because we need winners in our tema not meek and mild yes men.

nutty nigel ~ [quote]''Holt did enough last year to increase his value to us. Perhaps McNally

should make more effort to recognise that. Because we need winners in

our team not meek and mild yes men.[/quote]

[img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]  

I don''t know buddy. I haven''t listened to Radio Norfolk or even read any articles on who said what. TBH I don''t really care when it comes to discussing the merits of our players. Whether he''s greedy, selfish and unpopular or grateful and popular right now doesn''t matter to me. I just really hope he is leading us out in August. None of this changes anything about his performances for us. He''s still scored 70 goals in three seasons. He''s scored them at an unbelievable rate for a modern day player. His 1.86 games per goal is better than Ron Davies and of our top twenty all-time scorers only Ralph Hunt (1.83) and Roy Hollis (1.81) have a better record. When you consider his three seasons have included a season in the top division that record is phenomenal. That buys him so much good will from me. Whilst there''s still a chance I would have thought keeping him is the best option.

Wilbraham hasn''t upset anyone with his demands. But that doesn''t mean we should offer him a new contract. It''s what yolu do on the field that counts. Holt did enough last year to increase his value to us. Perhaps McNally should make more effort to recognise that. Because we need winners in our tema not meek and mild yes men.

[/quote]Fair points, but what isn''t clear is the unsettling effect his demands will have on the rest of the team. It can''t be good, at a time when you''ve just lost the best manager at the club for 20 years or more, for your captain to jump ship and further drain morale from the squad.I work in a field where trust, integrity and morale are everything. People who don''t show the required characteristics can be (rightly or wrongly) marginalised. I''m not suggesting that the team dynamic in my job is the same as that of a football club, but from personal experience, it''s not hard for one person''s attitude or actions to have far reaching consequences.Holt can''t win games on his own, despite the assertions of many posters on this board. He needs the rest of the team to perform around him, and it''s possible that his continued presence could have a negative effect on those performances (all IMO).

barclay seats 48/49 wrote the following post at 02/06/2012 3:34 PM:

TRAVIS ASKEW wrote:

Chris Martin????? Please! Nearly as bad as Heskey. Having said that i do like both players but.... C.M wont do it at this level. No way. Heskey, I''ve always liked, but, not now. What do people think about Michael Owen? Still has a lot to offer at this level (imho) showed some real glimpses when came on as a sub a few times for Man.U last season. Actually think he would work well with our midfield and Morrison or Simeon with him. I do feel Morrison or Vaughny will go well alongside Simeon tho for coming season. Think S Jackson has a lot more to offer than most people think! Give him a good run and we''ll see

Your post was ridiculous from the first line to the last ! Michael Owen ??? get a grip ..I would rather see chris martin back here....he has a lot more to offer than YOU think .

Well I''ll at least try and be a little more charming than you....

I was asking for opinions on Michael Owen! tbh we''ve not seen him too much but what I''ve seen last year he still knows where the goal is and sorry but are you seriously saying he''s not better than Chrissy Martin????

Mmm. Ok then!

Anyway, not my idea of fun arguing with fellow supporters. So won''t reply again Barclay seats, unless your obvious tension subsides mate.

Jordan Rhodes would be the ideal choice but somehow think we wouldn''t get him.

Gary Hooper from Celtic (spl top scorer with 24) and 24 yrs old. Not sure with wages but southampton interested in him apparently