Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

Do we really want another ambitious young manager ?

The trouble with having another ambitious young manager like Lambert is the fact that he too may only see us as a stepping stone to a bigger club and then go. Maybe we would be better off with an older head who maybe has even been fired , but who realises that managing Norwich is a privilege and not a second-rate choice because nobody else wants you. Above all, we want a straight honest talker who will stay with us when the going is good because he can make it even better.

An interesting point, and I partially agree.Though perhaps next time get him on something more concrete than a 1 year rolling contract.

It''s a reasonable question but none of the current names touted for the job are that appealing to me apart from Gus Poyet, who strikes me as far and away the strongest candidate, and he definitely fits the young and ambitious category.

As Morty says, give them a proper contract ... if they do well and move on, everyone''s a winner.

[quote user="Mahogany"]Oh God not Mick McCathy or Steve Bruce, are you trying to make me cry?[/quote]

Definitely not Steve Bruce, probably not Mick McCarthy, I wouldn''t be surprised if Wolves regret getting rid of him. They didn''t exactly improve once he had gone did they.

Holloway matches the criteria yet again !!  ..... and he has shown great loyalty to Blackpool.  

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]At Fulham McNally went for Roy Hodgson didn''t he? It''s not a forgone conclusion we''ll go for another ''up-and-coming'' Manager. [/quote]

Funny you should mention Roy Hodgson, if England had gone for Redknapp instead, how would we have felt if we could have re-united Hodgson with McNally?

[quote user="Armchair Follower"]

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]At Fulham McNally went for Roy Hodgson didn''t he? It''s not a forgone conclusion we''ll go for another ''up-and-coming'' Manager. [/quote]

Funny you should mention Roy Hodgson, if England had gone for Redknapp instead, how would we have felt if we could have re-united Hodgson with McNally?

[/quote]in 2 weeks we might have the chance!

[quote user="Armchair Follower"]Do we really want another ambitious young manager ?[/quote]No, let''s get an old one who''s comfortable with mediocrity.  Then we can really go all out for 17th place.

[quote user="Mahogany"]Oh God not Mick McCathy or Steve Bruce, are you trying to make me cry?[/quote]It could be worse, I thought he was talking about Colin. Although the reaction from Leeds would *almost* make it worth it...

We can''t live in fear of the Lambert scenario replaying itself, if it does it means we''ve been successful.

What would concern me with someone like Robinson at Franchise FC, as undoubtedly talented as he is, is that he''s unlikely to have a deep knowledge of the type of player that we''ll need to bring in as they won''t have been on his radar. We need someone who will be able to act quickly with the Euro''s coming up. Hughton and Poyet were both in with a shout of promotion so if they were at all worth their salt they''d have identified players they thought would cut it in the Prem and their budgets wouldn''t have been to disimilar to ours. I think Hughton with his track record of picking a player would be my choice.

[quote user="yellowngreen"]I think we need a "Sticky Poll Thread" sort it out pete

Hughton or Holloway for me

Sorry Malky but it would all end in tears[/quote]It always ends in tears regardless.

[quote user="paul moy"]Holloway matches the criteria yet again !!  ..... and he has shown great loyalty to Blackpool.  [/quote]

how? blackpool were relegated

I couldn''t care less how old the manager is as long as he is the right man. This appointment will make or break our season, Get it right and everyone forgets about Lambert and we push on, Get it wrong and it''s a relegation fight. For me i''m leaning towards one of Curbishley, Hughton or Holloway.