Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Does the money really do you any good

I see Charlton have lost over £1.5 million in the 6 months to December. If you can lose that amount with all the TV revenue and no extra spend on ground improvements, it does make you think. Not sure but they probably got a decent amount of the £10m odd for Scott Parker in that period too.

If we have set them up as a role model and they lose that much, we need a rethink. They spent 73% of their income on wages, madness from a financial point of view, but common sense from a supporters point of view.

It does make you wonder where it is all going. The TV revenue is supposedly going down, the prices are going up which is likely to reduce the number of bums on seats. So where will the revenue come from in the future?

Theres only a handfull of clubs in this country consistantly running at a profit.

Up until recently Charlton was one of them - which was why the board suggested using them as an example.

The big teams get a bucket load for corporate sponsorship don''t they? Like way more than we do because they get more tv coverage, bigger interantional coverage etc. If we got as much from Emirates and Vodafone, Sony etc as they got, we''d be rollin!!! As for does it do you any good... yeah, if you wanna compete on their level, but then again, I think their level can be dead boring at times... Prem is turnin into a load of SH*te... to be honest I havent even payed attention to the top order at all, I couldn''t give a rats who''s goin to win, we''re not in it, and no team I care about is either... same old sam old for me... I''m more interested in what''s goin on in championship...