Sign in to follow this  
Frying Pan Eyes

The 2-0 loss at Blackburn.

I have it on very good authority that the week leading up to this game, culverhouse had prepared all the tactics and squad selection and the team were totally prepared for the match. Then on the morning of the game Lambert changed the tactics, formation, team etc and the players were very unhappy hence the poor performance.

Say what ever you like but that is gospel.

Also the players got fined if they called him Paul or Lambo etc......... They had to call him Gaffer.

Dont get me wrong he done a wonderful job in the 3 years but to change tactics, formations etc on the morning of a game is ludicrous.

I can assure you a few of the players are glad he has gone.

OTBC NMTD.

Well, I said at the time that he was probably doing his compatriot a favour. IMHO we fielded a deliberately weakened side. Reading this makes me even more suspicious.

Lambert''s always alienated people wherever he''s been. I remember reading interviews with two or 3 Colchester players who were glad to see the back of him.

For obvious reasons i cant say who told me but that is 100% truth. Im not trying to shit stir or anything but us supporters do need to know some things that go on behind the scenes.

Not going to dispute how genuine your information is. It was a terrible performance where we never got going. I just put it down to be one of those days like we had at Sunderland. Certain players will always be glad to see the back of any manager. Players who weren''t particularly in favour get a chance to have more of look in under a new manager. But when you consider that Lambert shuffled the pack a lot keeping all the squad involved and that he plucked the majority of these players from relative obsecurity I think most will be pretty sad to him go. There is no doubt he handled leaving the club was very poor indeed but lets not start trying to kid ourselves that he wasn''t all that good. It just makes us look very bitter and small

The players have said on a number of occasions PL doesn''t announce his squad and tactics till match-day..

He''s just copying Martin ON. Robbie savage said MON , would ignore you if he saw you in town. Ignore you while walking down the same corridor.And insist you call him Gaffer.Just to let you know he''s in charge.

This works to a certain point, and has made MON quite wealthy, but MON only manages Sunderland now not Man U, which was mentioned 6 yrs ago. So copy him Paul, but he aint Alex.

Whatever you say about how he is/was, you can''t dismiss his success at Norwich. We all judge managers on their results and, if I''m correct, Norwich are the only team to have ever got two consecutive promotions into the Premier League and then stayed there!I do beleive that McNally will appoint another great manager though.

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]I have it on very good authority that the week leading up to this game, culverhouse had prepared all the tactics and squad selection and the team were totally prepared for the match. Then on the morning of the game Lambert changed the tactics, formation, team etc and the players were very unhappy hence the poor performance.

Say what ever you like but that is gospel. [/quote]So you''re saying it''s as true as a book which says the solar system was made in seven days and people used to live until the age of 900?I can believe that.

"Gospel" Mister Chops, not bible. There are no 900 year old men or creation stories in the gospels.

The most important thing about a smart comment is that the need to be smart.

[quote user="paul moy"]Well, I said at the time that he was probably doing his compatriot a favour. IMHO we fielded a deliberately weakened side. Reading this makes me even more suspicious.[/quote]

LOL!

I agree that changing the tactics on the morning of the game is a stupid thing to do.However, making the players call him ''gaffer'' instead of Paul is something I understand. Players can''t get too friendly with a manager (Steve McClaren was friends with a lot of the England players and look how that turned out). I think even making them call him ''Mr Lambert'' would have been reasonable.

Thing is, I think PL would have needed to change his own man management style at some point shortly anyway. Instead of dealing with grateful British lower league players for which there would be clear respect there. Norwich are now at the point where players coming in are of a higher calibre, perhaps working through the top academies and expecting to be paid well, perhaps in some cases full internationals, and in some cases, none British. I think last season was potentially the beginning of that, and perhaps the start to seeing one or two egos appear in the ranks to challenge his authority.He''s never managed a high profile club before, and Villa are higher profile than us sorry, so It''ll be very interesting to see how he handles it (and the players, particularly the foreign internationals).