Sign in to follow this  
henrik

no news on Cully and Karsa

[quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="morty"]I''ll stop quoting, it gets annoying lol.

I think you can take it as read that McNally did everything he could.
[/quote]

Well, I''d like to hear that Lambert was offered an improved contract, because otherwise I won''t believe that McNally did everything that he could have. He also forced Lambert into a corner by refusing permission to talk to Villa .. another mistake IMO as Lambert was not given any chance of returning after giving his resignation, and who knows but he may have rejected Villa.    

[/quote]

Cast your mind back just over 3 years ago.

Robbie Cowling "Okay Paul, you can go have a word with Norwich, but don''t sign anything"

Paul Lambert "Aye, sure Robbie"

David McNally " Hehehehehehehe"

See my point lol?
[/quote]

Nope, because the gap between Villa and us is relatively very narrow, whereas Colchester a much smaller club and always has been and the gap was huge. Also, his transfer budget at Villa is reportedly not a lot more than he would have had here.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]I''ll stop quoting, it gets annoying lol.

[/quote]

I personally think you and everybody else should cease putting McNally up on some kind of freakin'' pedestal - among other questionable decisions that have been unraveling the past couple of weeks a mere million quid in compo for Lambert is being reported.

Great business acumen my anus.

[/quote]

Agreed... he should have tried to improve Lambert''s contract as soon as we were safe. Thus our compo would at least be much higher, but also Lambert may not have looked at other offers.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="morty"]I''ll stop quoting, it gets annoying lol.I think you can take it as read that McNally did everything he could.[/quote]

Well, I''d like to hear that Lambert was offered an improved contract, because otherwise I won''t believe that McNally did everything that he could have. He also forced Lambert into a corner by refusing permission to talk to Villa .. another mistake IMO as Lambert was not given any chance of returning after giving his resignation, and who knows but he may have rejected Villa.    

[/quote]Cast your mind back just over 3 years ago.Robbie Cowling "Okay Paul, you can go have a word with Norwich, but don''t sign anything"Paul Lambert "Aye, sure Robbie"David McNally " Hehehehehehehe"See my point lol?[/quote]

Nope, because the gap between Villa and us is relatively very narrow, whereas Colchester a much smaller club and always has been and the gap was huge. Also, his transfer budget at Villa is reportedly not a lot more than he would have had here.

[/quote]I think, at the time, the gap between us and Colchester is actually pretty comparable with the gap between us and Villa.Yeah, we finished above Villa this season, but taking bias away, and basing things on history, trophies and support, you can''t deny that Villa are a far bigger club than we are.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]I''ll stop quoting, it gets annoying lol.I think you can take it as read that McNally did everything he could.[/quote]

I personally think you and everybody else should cease putting McNally up on some kind of freakin'' pedestal - among other questionable decisions that have been unraveling the past couple of weeks a mere million quid in compo for Lambert is being reported.Great business acumen my anus.

[/quote]Sky sports UNDERSTAND a figure of 1 million.I suspect the actual figure won''t be made public.Personally I am not putting him on a pedestal, though as a good ready reckoner, compare his performance to the previous incumbent of his position.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Robbie Cowling "Okay Paul, you can go have a word with Norwich, but don''t sign anything"

See my point lol?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think, at the time, the gap between us and Colchester is actually pretty comparable with the gap between us and Villa.

Yeah, we finished above Villa this season, but taking bias away, and basing things on history, trophies and support, you can''t deny that Villa are a far bigger club than we are.
[/quote]

History means nothing Morty. It''s all about the now and the near future. Villa''s average gate was just 6k above hours last season, if we''d had a bigger stadium we''d have been around the same with the correct pricing stratergy. The major difference is Lerner''s chequebook.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

See my point lol?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think, at the time, the gap between us and Colchester is actually pretty comparable with the gap between us and Villa.

Yeah, we finished above Villa this season, but taking bias away, and basing things on history, trophies and support, you can''t deny that Villa are a far bigger club than we are.
[/quote]

Historically I agree, but on current status I don''t... it''s marginal. Villa are 120 million in debt and finshed below us, and if we get the right manager they could be below us again next season with increased debts. 

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="morty"]I''ll stop quoting, it gets annoying lol.I think you can take it as read that McNally did everything he could.[/quote]

[/quote]Cast your mind back just over 3 years ago.Robbie Cowling "Okay Paul, you can go have a word with Norwich, but don''t sign anything"Paul Lambert "Aye, sure Robbie"David McNally " Hehehehehehehe"See my point lol?[/quote]

[/quote]I think, at the time, the gap between us and Colchester is actually pretty comparable with the gap between us and Villa.Yeah, we finished above Villa this season, but taking bias away, and basing things on history, trophies and support, you can''t deny that Villa are a far bigger club than we are.[/quote]

History means nothing Morty. It''s all about the now and the near future. Villa''s average gate was just 6k above hours last season, if we''d had a bigger stadium we''d have been around the same with the correct pricing stratergy. The major difference is Lerner''s chequebook.

[/quote]Okay, more money makes them a bigger club.Whatever works for you lol.

Look, I love my club as much, if not more than you guys, but Villa are a bigger club than we are.Sorry.

[quote user="morty"]Look, I love my club as much, if not more than you guys, but Villa are a bigger club than we are.

Sorry.
[/quote]

Yes they are, but the difference isn''t as big as us and Colchester! Still don''t think he''ll achieve anything with them.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="morty"]Look, I love my club as much, if not more than you guys, but Villa are a bigger club than we are.Sorry.[/quote]

Yes they are, but the difference isn''t as big as us and Colchester! Still don''t think he''ll achieve anything with them.

[/quote]Given the awful state we were in at the time, we''ll agree to differ on that one lol.He has sold himself short with Villa, he really has.

For me I think Culverhouse and Lambert are like Cloughie and Peter Taylor.

They are better working together than they are working apart.

Davo

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="morty"]

He has sold himself short with Villa, he really has.

[/quote]

Agreed 100%

[/quote]

Hurray... we all agree there.

[quote user="morty"]Kinda nice for a thread to end happily ever after for a change.[:D][/quote]Well I for one had to reach for a tissue.

[quote user="E.L.F."][quote user="morty"]Kinda nice for a thread to end happily ever after for a change.[:D][/quote]Well I for one had to reach for a tissue.[/quote]Sick, sick man.Oh, crying.Ahhhhh[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]I''ll stop quoting, it gets annoying lol.I think you can take it as read that McNally did everything he could.[/quote]

I personally think you and everybody else should cease putting McNally up on some kind of freakin'' pedestal - among other questionable decisions that have been unraveling the past couple of weeks a mere million quid in compo for Lambert is being reported.Great business acumen my anus.

[/quote]Sky sports UNDERSTAND a figure of 1 million.I suspect the actual figure won''t be made public.Personally I am not putting him on a pedestal, though as a good ready reckoner, compare his performance to the previous incumbent of his position.[/quote]

This isn''t about comparisons it''s about the here & now and the current tasks McNally seems to be having trouble dealing with - I don''t think he''s doing such a sterling job as people assume if one considers that guaranteed revenue over the previous & next couple of seasons (even in the event of relegation this season) is at approximately the half billion mark - debt aside, the club has plenty of clout in the short-term and it looks to me as though McNally is failing to look at the long-term. And yes you are putting McNally on a pedestal by flattering him in every other post.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]I''ll stop quoting, it gets annoying lol.I think you can take it as read that McNally did everything he could.[/quote]

[/quote]Sky sports UNDERSTAND a figure of 1 million.I suspect the actual figure won''t be made public.Personally I am not putting him on a pedestal, though as a good ready reckoner, compare his performance to the previous incumbent of his position.[/quote]

This isn''t about comparisons it''s about the here & now and the current tasks McNally seems to be having trouble dealing with - I don''t think he''s doing such a sterling job as people assume if one considers that guaranteed revenue over the previous & next couple of seasons (even in the event of relegation this season) is at approximately the half billion mark - debt aside, the club has plenty of clout in the short-term and it looks to me as though McNally is failing to look at the long-term. And yes you are putting McNally on a pedestal by flattering him in every other post.[/quote]Its about where we were, and where we have arrived.We were properly in the brown stuff, McNally was appointed, he sacked  Gunn, appointed Lambert, and well, you know the rest.He is heeding the lessons learned from the likes of Portsmouth, and, in my opinion, he seems to be doing a pretty good job so far.Sorry, I would have had more respect for your opinion had you raised your concerns before now, it seems a bit knee jerk to me.

morty: ''Its about where we were, and where we have arrived.''

My major concern is where your beloved McNally with his dubious performance over the last couple of weeks is going to take us.

[quote user="Shyster"]morty: ''Its about where we were, and where we have arrived.''

My major concern is where your beloved McNally with his dubious performance over the last couple of weeks is going to take us.[/quote]Where do you think its possible for him to take us, or not?Lets be realistic, we are what we are.We''re not going to attract investment, we''re not going to be a top six team unless we attract a billionaire (which we won''t) and really, bar maybe a few more places higher, we have probably reached about our level.And thats not "little old Norwich" thinking either, thats pragmatism based on facts.Are you implying we''re heading for relegation next season? Are you planting your flag in the sand right now?

[quote]Are you implying we''re heading for relegation next season? Are you planting your flag in the sand right now?[/quote]

I''m waiting to see who we appoint as manager - Lambert will obviously be an incredibly hard act to follow and the new manager will be inheriting the formers stock for the most part, suffice it to say, the latter needs to be the right choice.  

[quote user="Shyster"][quote]Are you implying we''re heading for relegation next season? Are you planting your flag in the sand right now?[/quote]

I''m waiting to see who we appoint as manager - Lambert will obviously be an incredibly hard act to follow and the new manager will be inheriting the formers stock for the most part, suffice it to say, the latter needs to be the right choice.   [/quote]Get back to me when you get off the fence then[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote]Are you implying we''re heading for relegation next season? Are you planting your flag in the sand right now?[/quote]

I''m waiting to see who we appoint as manager - Lambert will obviously be an incredibly hard act to follow and the new manager will be inheriting the formers stock for the most part, suffice it to say, the latter needs to be the right choice.   [/quote]Get back to me when you get off the fence then[;)][/quote]

Okay, let''s put it this way - I''ve considered the attributes of all the viable managers out there and if it isn''t Hughton or Holloway I think we''ll get relegated.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote]Are you implying we''re heading for relegation next season? Are you planting your flag in the sand right now?[/quote]

I''m waiting to see who we appoint as manager - Lambert will obviously be an incredibly hard act to follow and the new manager will be inheriting the formers stock for the most part, suffice it to say, the latter needs to be the right choice.   [/quote]Get back to me when you get off the fence then[;)][/quote]

Okay, let''s put it this way - I''ve considered the attributes of all the viable managers out there and if it isn''t Hughton or Holloway I think we''ll get relegated.[/quote]Okay, fair enough[Y]

Out of Hughton and Holloway it has to be Holloway, who only just failed to keep Blackpool up in the Prem playing attacking football. A defensive manager will get us relegated IMO. Not only that but I love the Blackpool way !!

[quote user="paul moy"]Out of Hughton and Holloway it has to be Holloway, who only just failed to keep Blackpool up in the Prem playing attacking football. A defensive manager will get us relegated IMO. Not only that but I love the Blackpool way !![/quote]*Stupidly Kamikaze football on occasion.

[quote user="morty"]Look, I love my club as much, if not more than you guys, but Villa are a bigger club than we are.

Sorry.
[/quote]

Don''t let NN hear you say that![;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"]Out of Hughton and Holloway it has to be Holloway, who only just failed to keep Blackpool up in the Prem playing attacking football. A defensive manager will get us relegated IMO. Not only that but I love the Blackpool way !![/quote]*Stupidly Kamikaze football on occasion.[/quote]

Exactly I honestly don''t think Holloway would learn if he went got another shot in the Premiership. I think you would just see the same predictable mistakes.