Sign in to follow this  
henrik

no news on Cully and Karsa

When Lambert resigned from his post at Colchester, these two resigned at exactly the same time. Now he''s done it here, we''ve not heard a single thing about these two. Now I''m not saying they are staying or that I even want them to particularly, I''m undecided, but I wonder what what the situation is with them? Would be interesting if they didn''t follow Lambert to see what level of impact it would have on him.

[quote user="henrik"]When Lambert resigned from his post at Colchester, these two resigned at exactly the same time. Now he''s done it here, we''ve not heard a single thing about these two. Now I''m not saying they are staying or that I even want them to particularly, I''m undecided, but I wonder what what the situation is with them? Would be interesting if they didn''t follow Lambert to see what level of impact it would have on him.[/quote]

Hopefully we can keep Cully and Karsa on board, possibly making Cully manager. Now that would be interesting.

It is interesting there has been no news on these two, but perhaps they are on hols? They have certainly been part of ''team Lambert'' for some time and you wonder if he''d be as effective without them....let''s hope we get them to stay, you wonder whether Cully might want to step out from the shadows at some point. I don''t recall whether Villa sacked McLeish''s back room staff, but think they may well have been.

Don''t know why they have not also tendered their resignation but in my opinion they will be going to Villa with Lambert.I think Lambert would have talked the move over with Culverhouse & Karsa before setting wheels in motion.

not that I doubt you Dodds, but where have the rumours come from apart from on here and alike? Aren''t we all just guessing?

..make him an offer he cant refuse........maybe irrational but I dont care anymore, I''m that angry with how arrogant Villa are and how Lambert has gone about this.

If Culverhouse really is responsible for much of the coaching and transfer idendification.......lets see how Lambert gets on ,on his own for the first time, thats about the only thing we''ve got left within our power to hamper his progress!!!!

Would love to see Culverhouse offered the chance to take the job but my gut feeling says he will be following Lambert to Villa.

Good luck to him I say. Quality player for the club and has been brilliant the last 3 years.

He knows a fair bit about managers leaving here for bigger clubs. The only goal I ever remember him scoring was the opener against Everton on Mike Walkers return. That was a quality night

As much as I want them to I doubt they''ll stay, but you never know, maybe they''re settled in Norfolk and don''t want to leave just because Lambert does.

Not only that, but Culverhouse knows our players well, would have planned player targets with Lambert that maybe Lambert won''t be going after now (bigger budget you''d assume), and it would be the smoothest, quickest transition to allow Norwich to get on with preparing for next season.

Has mark robins taken his role in the club as youth coach? if so would it be possible for him to take the managers job with ian culverhouse jointly? as he has a magerial record of 42% ish just a thought players know ian culverhouse so keep a settled enviroment in the dressing room and give the opertunity for career devolpment for two ex city plyers just a thought

I''m with you.

The more this is going on, the angrier I''m getting at Lambert and Villa. They''ve made a powerful enemy next season.

We could do a lot worse than Culverhouse. I have a feeling.

Culverhouse has a UEFA Cup Winners medal from 1984.

That''s a little known fact.

Shove your Champions League medal up your hairy Scottish ass Lambert, lol.

A lot of fans are saying that Culverhouse should be offered the job, and I agree.Make him a massive offer better than Lambert was being paid.We can then continue making great progress and Lambert will soon be found out at Villa without him.

He would be my choice too , as near to continuation as we can get with the added bonus of maybe hampering Lambert ,also let Holt go anywhere but Villa . How can somebody build a club up like Lambert did here and then want to rip it apart when he leaves , i wish the man all the ill will possible .

I think keeping Culverhouse maybe our only chance of stopping the rumoured "players revolt" mentioned on another thread, if he''s a popular man on the training ground?

lets test the water, afterall its not everyday he would have been offered a Premiership managers job with £20m to spend....and certainly not at one he played 8 years at!. I wonder who he would bring in as his no. 2?, Mark Robins maybe??

[quote user="Ncfc"]He would be my choice too , as near to continuation as we can get with the added bonus of maybe hampering Lambert ,also let Holt go anywhere but Villa . How can somebody build a club up like Lambert did here and then want to rip it apart when he leaves , i wish the man all the ill will possible .
[/quote]

Lets all bombard  McNally with Culverhouse in, As well as Carsa, Lambert would be Stuffed without them.Time for the club to get nasty show no respect to those who want out.   

I''m happy for Culverhouse to be considered for the role. Nobody will know better than the board whether he''s suitable..But can we please stop with the nonsense sour grapes reasons.. Have you heard the phrase ''cutting your nose off to spite your face"? All this daftness about putting him place on more money just to spite Lambert is ridiculous.. Forget it, he''s gone, it''s over.

Loved Ian as a player and was gutted when he left and love him as a coach, I would love him to stay with us,if as manager then so be it.

We all knew Villa would do it underhand and I still feel that at the Press Conference last week when Lambert flipped , the reporter knew something and Lambert knew he knew which is why he reacted.

I''m adamant that Culverhouse will go with him however will be interesting to see if he keeps Peter Grant on at Villa. I guess they are big mates from Celtic days.

If we could somehow keep Culverhouse I feel Lambert would suddenly lose his magic as make no mistake he is the man who does all the detailed work like training, tactics, player recruitment etc.

Would love to see Lambert and Grant fall flat on they faces.

Culverhouse has a strong affiliation to Norwich, but Lambert will probably want him to go to with him.  What do you think he will do?   Will he think it''s time for him to step up to the plate?   If he does - is he too inexperienced as a manager for us to take the risk?   The best times at this club were when we have had continuity (Bond - Brown - Stringer - Walker).     Like Liverpuddle in their heyday - that continuity  has always been a help to keep a club on the right path.   Promote from within and keep things as they are.

Personally, I think this should happen.  We should encourage Culverhouse to stay and be the next manager.    He has been very influential behind Lambert.    Let Lambert go and prove himself on his own and lets see if our former player and terrific coach can take us on into the next season.

Its certain that the players will appreciate a move like this.   Does he want it though, or is his connection with Lambert too strong?   Time will tell - but you do wonder if he will be so keen as Lambert to move on.   A key Norwich player in the 90''s - was he there under Stringer??   It would make sense and reconnect us to that era.   And it may be a challenge he is up for.  

??

I''m sure if he were offered the job he would take it. But has Mcnally seen it in him or not? If he isn''t offered it then the reason must be that Mcnally doesn''t think he is up to it. I would like to see it but Mcnally knows best.