Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Holts replacement

How about Niklas Bendtner. Very unlikely I know due to cost and wages but what a way for the club to make a statement and overcome the disappointment of the last few days. Would be an awesome replacement for Grant Holt. Think Norwich are going to have to pull of a major transfer signing this summer just to keep the forward momentum going. Bendtner unlikely I know but what we need right now.

No thanks,  if you ask me we''re going to struggle to find someone to match what Grant Holt has done for us over three seasons.   It would have to be someone very special.     Grant Holts don''t grow on trees. 

LDC I don''t want someone to come in and match what Grant Holt has done, we can now look for someone better, younger and with promise to be worth much more financially. Of course what G Holt has done over three years is amazing. But that was then. We are now a premiership team and have aspirations for this season and the following few seasons. That is premiership football and an improving team and individuals, players from Europe, prem youth teams, other prem. players.The striker Fulham got on loan came in and had an amazing season... there are those players out there for alot less money than even championship forwards.I expect us to get a striker who can score in this league and be a threat throughout the season. We were going to have to replace Grant Holt at some point and this could have been dragged out, or we could have sold him against his wishes. This is the best way, he wants to go, lets shift him and get a great striker in and I believe we will get another and build up some young talented strikers.But we have Vaughan and Morison who are good to score some goals and jackson is capable, if not ideal... we can now add two more strikers to this group and Holt''s money can help. But we need them to come in again soon.I am excited about new strikers coming in.

smooth - one english forward who was ''better'' at goalscoring was Wayne Rooney.

So tell us who you''ve got in mind that can, not only match Holt, but BETTER him.

There''s no-one i''m afraid.

Understand what you''re saying - But it''s nothing more than a pipe dream mate.

There won''t be one.....Once in a generation places come around once in a generation.......

I cannot think that we will bring anyone in until we have the manager in place. I presume he will have a list of targets and lets just hope that they are not the same as the one Lambert had, because I am sure he will be on the phone on Monday. The strikers we bring in will all be a risk as they will not be a proven premier league striker - Bent cost 20 million. I am concerned that our plans are now thrown into confusion as it looks like we are losing all the back room staff as well. The thing in our favour is that we have a number of excellent young players who should improve next season. Holt may ultimately stay as I do not think the saga has finished yet.

Sorry, smooth, I agree with you - its just that Bendtner doesn''t inspire me.   I personally think we will miss GH more than Lambert if he goes.  He is more than just a striker.  His overall contribution to the team, his character and his leadership will be missed, not to mention his goals.   I''ll be excited about new strikers - or even the ones we''ve got - if they start banging in the goals.  We need a new hero - in recent years we''ve had Hucks, now Holt - but any striker that comes in will have to prove themselves first. 

Living in Cumbria as I have been for afew years, I''ve watched  Holt''s career with interest and often thought and wondered why such a prolific goal scorer was playing in the lower leagues.  I was genuinely excited when he came to Norwich because he was a proven scorer at that level.   I knew he would score hatfuls of goals.   I can''t think of any other striker - that  we can afford - at this level - who can guarantee goals in the premiership.    Anyone who is in the lower leagues will be a gamble.   Anyone in the premiership who can guarantee goals will cost a fortune.    I''m excited about seeing who the new manager is and who he will bring in, but its a new world at Carrow Rd.     I guess we''ll have to wait and see.............

To be polite - Bendtner is gash.Got more of an ego than AVB (and that''s saying something), less ability upfront than Mike Sheron but thinks he''s better than Henry or Bergkamp ever were, and has even started his own Jewellery business as a further ego boost (even though it looks like stuff even Ratners wouldn''t have stocked). Add in his crazy wage and first team demands, and he''s arguably one of the most deluded players in the modern game.Frankly Arsenal should pay someone to get him away from them...

Lukaku on loan would be fantastic. Do you think he will be loaned out for the season?

Morison definitely has the potential.

However, personally think he would have to be the main man, game in & out, to realise his potential - Can''t see him being given that time in the prem tho.

There''s none of the old boys around either, like the Teddy Sheringhams etc. It seems a lot of the old boys are players that once relied on their pace, which is now just average.

I think Morisson, given a long enough run in the team would be adequate.

[quote user="FourFourTwo"]Jordan Rhodes would be top of my list, young, hungry and full of goals. No reason why he couldn''t make the step up.[/quote]Don''t they want stupid money for him though?And I mean unrealistically stupid.

[quote user="FourFourTwo"]Jordan Rhodes would be top of my list, young, hungry and full of goals. No reason why he couldn''t make the step up.[/quote]No reason why he should either.Scoring goals at that level is a far cry from doing it in the prem, and it''s a very expensive gamble to take if he can''t make the step up. At least with Rodriguez, Southampton are getting someone who''s played at CCC level, Rhodes hasn''t even got that.If he was fairly cheap, say 2.5 - 3 million then I''d accept the risk vs reward, but he''s being touted at double that price, and it''s just too much IMHO.

[quote user="morty"]I think Morisson, given a long enough run in the team would be adequate.
[/quote]

I''ll eat my ''Keep Calm and Bring on Grant Holt'' shirt if Morison scores 20 goals next season.   Mind you - if GH stays and we forgive him and he scores 20 goals - I''ll eat it anyway.  

Vaughan is the interesting one for me. A player who if fit may be capable of those 20 goals that we need from a main striker.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="morty"]I think Morisson, given a long enough run in the team would be adequate.[/quote]

I''ll eat my ''Keep Calm and Bring on Grant Holt'' shirt if Morison scores 20 goals next season.   Mind you - if GH stays and we forgive him and he scores 20 goals - I''ll eat it anyway.  

Vaughan is the interesting one for me. A player who if fit may be capable of those 20 goals that we need from a main striker.  

[/quote]I think Holt will be lucky to get 10 goals next season, you saw how often, as the season wore on he was used as a bit part player, I honestly think Lambert was slowly trying to establish Morison.We don''t have the money to buy a 20 goal a season striker lol.

You''re presuming Holt will stay in the prem!

Personally, i see him going to Leeds, Colin loves him - Board probably still want Snoddy to join. Holt''s back up north finishing at a big club.

He''ll score a hatload, win them promotion and become a Leeds legend within a season, probably end up getting a final few years at Carlisle.

We get Snoddy too! ;)

Just makes sense to me.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]You''re presuming Holt will stay in the prem!

Personally, i see him going to Leeds, Colin loves him - Board probably still want Snoddy to join. Holt''s back up north finishing at a big club.

He''ll score a hatload, win them promotion and become a Leeds legend within a season, probably end up getting a final few years at Carlisle.

We get Snoddy too! ;)

Just makes sense to me.[/quote]Good post.

''Slowly trying to establish Morison''

By dropping Holt, 4/5 games in and starting Morison for the next however many? Moro was the main striker for some time, and only lost that position when Holt started scoring more and Moro scoring less himself.

Morison didn''t play half as well when he was a ''bit part'' player, as Holt did. He was either un-fit, upset or just not up to the job of not being the main man. But he obviously wasn''t good enough to be the main man all season, as he was overtaken.

I like Morison, he is a very dangerous player in the box (in the air at least, bar a couple of lovely strikes his finishing with his feet is pretty poor). And maybe he could be the main man, but even if he starts and plays at least 70 mins in all 38 league games, I don''t think he''ll do as well as Holt did this season. And Holt didn''t play in at least 70 mins of 38 league games.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]''Slowly trying to establish Morison'' By dropping Holt, 4/5 games in and starting Morison for the next however many? Moro was the main striker for some time, and only lost that position when Holt started scoring more and Moro scoring less himself. Morison didn''t play half as well when he was a ''bit part'' player, as Holt did. He was either un-fit, upset or just not up to the job of not being the main man. But he obviously wasn''t good enough to be the main man all season, as he was overtaken. I like Morison, he is a very dangerous player in the box (in the air at least, bar a couple of lovely strikes his finishing with his feet is pretty poor). And maybe he could be the main man, but even if he starts and plays at least 70 mins in all 38 league games, I don''t think he''ll do as well as Holt did this season. And Holt didn''t play in at least 70 mins of 38 league games.[/quote]

I would dump Holt in the reserves for 2 years stuff him, its this club that has made him what he is today, he or Lambert are not bigger than the club, his replacement is already here, have we Forgot already the players we have Vaughan for 1 Howson can play up front as well, If Holt wants to leave we should make him buy his contract back and not any club he may go to, they will pay what we want for him, With 2 years left that will  cost Holt 2 years wages out of his own pocket, thats just to let him talk to other clubs. Bit mad or Harsh what ever you think But contracts must be seen out to the end, If you were in the forces and wanted to leave early you pay for the privillage. Contracts should be more legal binding