Sign in to follow this  
Hugh J Wurzell

Wishing Lambert well

One consolation is Villa will have the exact same thing happen to them if he''s a success, he wont hesitate to break a contract for a job he fancies. Anyway glad he was Norwich manager played some great stuff under him and been on the up all the way. Hopefully get the right man in as replacement with even a similar 15odd million to spend that Lambert had last season and i dont see any reason things cant keep going in the right direction, not to mention the fans having even extra motivation to get behind the side to roar them on to try and finish above Villa. Who knows a new manager might even be able to make us tighten up at the back abit.

[quote user="Hugh J Wurzell"]Sanctimonious Mr Chops, will you be tugging your forelock (or god knows what else) when PL rides back into town? Grateful for what he''d done (apart from line his pockets)? Grateful my @rse! What has he done for us lately?[/quote]Took us out of League One.Took us out of the Championship.Took us to mid-table in the Premier League.Built a decent squad and got rid of the dross.Got us to a place where we are financially solvent and can build for the future without him.Name another Norwich City manager who gave us three seasons of achievement like this.

I wish him all the very best in all his appointments after this but i hope the villa go down under his leadership

I remember being on a train coming back from Exeter in August 2009 and just feeling thoroughly f*cked by the state of the club. We were in the third division, we''d already lost 7-1 at home, we had no manager and we''d just settled for a point in the final 10 minutes against a team who wasn''t even in the league a couple of years beforehand. I knew it was early in the season but I was thinking if we f*ck up another managerial appointment we could well be in the fourth tier in 12 months. Lambert was appointed and we are now the 12th best team in the country so for that I thank you Paul but I hope this ''step up'' goes t*ts up and you''ll be regretting jumping ship so soon.

Nope, I feel shat-on.

Holt you are an idiot if you leave, playing your best football at Norwich in the premiership, every boys dream.......

Tell your agent where you whant to play like a true Norwich legend did.

I haven''t particulary got a problem with the fact he''s left, it''s a good move career wise for him IMO but I''ll give him plenty of stick when he comes back. No doubt all the happy clappy brigade will be out applauding him.

[quote user="Time For Heroes"]I haven''t particulary got a problem with the fact he''s left, it''s a good move career wise for him IMO but I''ll give him plenty of stick when he comes back. No doubt all the happy clappy brigade will be out applauding him.[/quote]if applauding the man who was responsible for taking the clubs from its lowest point in recent history to it''s highest point in recent history makes you a happy clapper. Then i am proud to be a happy clapper.

You''ve got some front pal

Why all the bitterness? You have tried to get him on a free when all morals and footballing precedent point to compensation being paid as you have induced the departure. I am sure we will get some money but your behaviour and Lambert''s in instigating the unpleasant events of the last 3 days are utterly lacking in class and if its shown you have done some tapping up then expect a points deduction.

Shit on the Villa indeed

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Hugh J Wurzell"]Sanctimonious Mr Chops, will you be tugging your forelock (or god knows what else) when PL rides back into town? Grateful for what he''d done (apart from line his pockets)? Grateful my @rse! What has he done for us lately?
[/quote]

Took us out of League One.
Took us out of the Championship.
Took us to mid-table in the Premier League.
Built a decent squad and got rid of the dross.
Got us to a place where we are financially solvent and can build for the future without him.

Name another Norwich City manager who gave us three seasons of achievement like this.

[/quote]

Ron Saunders

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Hugh J Wurzell"]Sanctimonious Mr Chops, will you be tugging your forelock (or god knows what else) when PL rides back into town? Grateful for what he''d done (apart from line his pockets)? Grateful my @rse! What has he done for us lately?[/quote]Took us out of League One.Took us out of the Championship.Took us to mid-table in the Premier League.Built a decent squad and got rid of the dross.Got us to a place where we are financially solvent and can build for the future without him.Name another Norwich City manager who gave us three seasons of achievement like this.[/quote]

Ron Saunders

[/quote]Good shout.  Although he left mid 1973-4 which is before I was born so forgive the Wikipedia.  Turns out he quit after a row with the board.  This after having survived by the skin of our teeth in 1972-3, our first season in the top flight.The Times:

p. 8, 1973. "Last year, Norwich only just escaped relegation by a whisker and

again find themselves in the shadows, made even darker on Saturday

night when their manager, Ron Saunders, resigned after an angry scene in

the boardroom following the 3–1 home defeat by Everton."
Perhaps the more senior statesmen of this board can tell us what the reaction was if/when Saunders returned with another team?  Perhaps we could speculate what people''s opinions would have been if we had message boards back in "the day"?

But why is he going to a small club who are a small suburb of Handsworth, if he gone to Everton Liverpool or Newcastle I could of understood. He has sold himself short

[quote user="Canary"]But why is he going to a small club who are a small suburb of Handsworth, if he gone to Everton Liverpool or Newcastle I could of understood. He has sold himself short[/quote]

I guess he figures a "small suberb of Handsworth" holds more promise than a small suberb of Ipswich.

[quote user="Lavillain"][quote user="Canary"]But why is he going to a small club who are a small suburb of Handsworth, if he gone to Everton Liverpool or Newcastle I could of understood. He has sold himself short[/quote]

I guess he figures a "small suberb of Handsworth" holds more promise than a small suberb of Ipswich.[/quote]Alright Holty, there''s no need to rub it in.

I am thankful for everything Lambert has done for Norwich, but as of now he is irrelevant. I will neither treat him with any particular familiarity or any particular hostility, all Lambert is now is the manager of Aston Villa, whilst I will always respect Lambert for what he achieved and will regard him as a Norwich legend, that relationship has now ended, all he is now is someone to try and snatch six points off of.