Sign in to follow this  
Hugh J Wurzell

Wishing Lambert well

Not!!!

I hope the greedy miserable Scottish tw@t is a flop and gets the sack by Christmas.

Judas

And the same goes for Quisling Holt wherever he washes up.

hope he is sacked by Christmas too!!! Good luck with all the egos!!! Hope we spank Villas arses when they come down!!! Whats the betting we play them first game of the season?

As far as I''m concerned he''s now the manager of a team who we''ll be battling with next year so there will be no well wishes from me. If he''d have gone to Liverpool it would have been different.

Doesn''t mean I''m not grateful for what he achieved here though.

Yep, big difference for me from being grateful (which I am) and wishing him well (which I do not), not while he manages a club in the same league and country at least.

[quote user="Hugh J Wurzell"]Not!!!

I hope the greedy miserable Scottish tw@t is a flop and gets the sack by Christmas.

Judas

And the same goes for Quisling Holt wherever he washes up.[/quote]Why not get off the fence and say what you really mean   [:D]

Under normal circumstances i would have wished him all the best but after the manner of his departure, sad though it is after he has delivered so much i too hope it goes toes up. I suspect he will have the last laugh and the prospect of Villa coming to Norwich and giving us a good hiding makes me cringe. lambert is special and love or hate he will always come up trumps

Villa is not a step in the right direction, good luck with the ''Lambert out'' calls once Villa fans realise you''re not going to lead them to european football straight away. C*nt.

Lambert has played a huge role in taking us from League One to

the Premier League, all but guaranteeing our club''s financial stability and erasing the millions of pounds worth of debt which threatened to tip us into administration.  If you can''t

appreciate and respect his contribution to our club''s current solvency and league standing, then I feel sorry for you.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Lambert has played a huge role in taking us from League One to the Premier League, all but guaranteeing our club''s financial stability and erasing the millions of pounds worth of debt which threatened to tip us into administration.  If you can''t appreciate and respect his contribution to our club''s current solvency and league standing, then I feel sorry for you.

[/quote]

That''s not the issue Chops. I think everyone recognises just what he''s done for us. The issue is he''s left us for what could well be one of our rivals next season, so consequently any well wishing has gone out of the window. If he''d gone to a team in the top 6 it would have been different.

Mister Chops I havent said that I dont respect what he has done here? Its the mananer he has left in that has upset me. Also no doubt you will be clapping and cheering him when he comes back next season then too?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Lambert has played a huge role in taking us from League One to the Premier League, all but guaranteeing our club''s financial stability and erasing the millions of pounds worth of debt which threatened to tip us into administration.  If you can''t appreciate and respect his contribution to our club''s current solvency and league standing, then I feel sorry for you.[/quote]

That''s not the issue Chops. I think everyone recognises just what he''s done for us. The issue is he''s left us for what could well be one of our rivals next season, so consequently any well wishing has gone out of the window. If he''d gone to a team in the top 6 it would have been different.

[/quote]I''ll take your word for it, but I''m not so sure it would.  I''ve seen a lot of posts here saying " big players, big egos, budgets" etc., and that would only have been exacerbated had he gone to a Top 6 club.The real issue is that we all have a huge emotional connection to the football club, which is what being a supporter is all about, and we don''t like the fact that our best manager for 30 years has walked away to join another club, whether that''s top 6, mid-table or QPR.  We need to remember it''s business for these people, it''s nothing personal, and we''ve done as well out of Lambert as he has done from managing our club.Will I applaud Lambert next season?  No, he''s part of the opposition now.  But equally I sure as hell won''t boo him or shout "Judas" or any of the other silly and childish behaviour being spouted around here.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Lambert has played a huge role in taking us from League One to the Premier League, all but guaranteeing our club''s financial stability and erasing the millions of pounds worth of debt which threatened to tip us into administration.  If you can''t appreciate and respect his contribution to our club''s current solvency and league standing, then I feel sorry for you.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ll take your word for it, but I''m not so sure it would.  I''ve seen a lot of posts here saying " big players, big egos, budgets" etc., and that would only have been exacerbated had he gone to a Top 6 club.

The real issue is that we all have a huge emotional connection to the football club, which is what being a supporter is all about, and we don''t like the fact that our best manager for 30 years has walked away to join another club, whether that''s top 6, mid-table or QPR.  We need to remember it''s business for these people, it''s nothing personal, and we''ve done as well out of Lambert as he has done from managing our club.

Will I applaud Lambert next season?  No, he''s part of the opposition now.  But equally I sure as hell won''t boo him or shout "Judas" or any of the other silly and childish behaviour being spouted around here.
[/quote]

You know what, if he''d have stayed another couple of years and pushed us into the top half and United came calling when Fergie retired he''d have gone with my (and I''d wager 99% of fans) blessing, hell I think I''d have even been a little proud in amongst the inevitable disappointment. If he''d gone to Liverpool I could have accepted it, but I genuinely don''t think he''ll achieve anything with Villa. Don''t like the way he''s gone about it either.

I won''t cheer him or boo him. I''ll back the manager and players that are representing my club.

If Villa come to Carra and turn us over.....I suppose we''ll all just politely applaud Lambert and all leave the stadium tut tut tutting, at the fact our previous manager has got one over us....

He''s the enemy and a rival now.....and shall be treated as so....Emotions will take over, and if we spank Villa, I will certainly be vocal in giving Lambert ''some''.....He''s history, and we move on....

If Lambert sets about asset stripping our Club, then I wish him the very worst of fortune in his new venture.

Ambition is one thing, umitigated self-gratification is another.

Anybody who wants to kick NCFC in the jubilees is no friend of mine. He didn''t even bring Holt to the Club either, so he can hardly claim his services without a blush.

You know, I am warming towards good old Gunny again. Not as manger though, I hasten to add.  

Disappointed now it is finally fact, there will still be some more fallout I expect with Holt, maybe Culverhouse but I think calling anyone who leaves no matter under what circumstances warrants "Judas" - just seems to smack of a bit of lacking more class then the person leaving.

Not really convinced that you''re not a binner Wurzell.

I remember being equally sick when Mike Walker left to go to Everton although to give him his dues he was at least honest enough to bring his grievances out in the open before going. I could never wish him well while he was Everton boss and really enjoyed the night we beat them at Carrow Road with Megson as boss. However the day he returned to Carrow Road for the second time when the Chase era was over will always stick in my mind, it almost felt like the day Maggie  Thatcher was removed. Somehow I doubt that I could ever feel kindly disposed towards Lambert again. It isn''t so much the fact that he has gone as the way he went about it. If he felt that he had taken us as far as he could, he could have said so once we were safe from relegation and said goodbye to our faces, it is obvious we could have accepted his departure if he had been man enough to go about it the right way. If the length of his contract was an issue, once again he could have brought it out in the open and would probably have received our support or at least our understanding. It''s almost as though we were not worthy of consideration by him.

[quote user="Armchair Follower"]

It''s almost as though we were not worthy of consideration by him.

[/quote]

We weren''t. But it''s not like we didn''t know who we were getting into bed with, we had fair warning.

Disappointed in his behaviour? Yes. Surpised? Not really no.

Mister Chops,

you attitude is what makes me despair of football and society. I assume you believe you are a wise sage and recognise the inevitability of a "big club" dominating little old Norwich. It''s "the way of the world" you and your ilk passively accept and appreciate your meagre place in society. Have some passion and boo the Judas when he returns. Rail against the machine and try to change the order of things. Ultimately history will tell whether Lambert is a good manager or got lucky with Norwich (lets not forget he was sacked at Livingstone with the worst Scottish Premier League record in history) - there''s a world of difference between dealing with folks who think they are lucky to work with you and prima donnas in the Premier League - personally I think he will suffer badly in that department. I don''t feel sorry for you - you are happy in your lobotomised state and aspire to nothing else

Lambert and Holt can both eff off "thou smell of mountain goat". We will be better off without you.

After all this, the thing I fear is relegation as everything seems to be going pear shaped at NCFC

I wish him well he has done a great job for us, but I thought he would have gone to a big club and not a club which is a small suburb of Handsworth

Sanctimonious Mr Chops, will you be tugging your forelock (or god knows what else) when PL rides back into town? Grateful for what he''d done (apart from line his pockets)? Grateful my @rse! What has he done for us lately? Shaft us, that''s what.

Altogether now.....

Paul Lambert''s a w@nker

He wears a w@nker''s hat

And now he''s gone to Villa

Coz he''s a greedy tw@t.

I, for one, will be flicking the Vs and hurling abuse when Villa come to Carrow Road

[quote user="baldyboy"]Mister Chops I havent said that I dont respect what he has done here? Its the mananer he has left in that has upset me. Also no doubt you will be clapping and cheering him when he comes back next season then too?[/quote]Sad thing is, when Villa do come, a few will clap their arses off for him.

A villa fan coming in peace...

Why all the bitterness folks. This is football,and unless your a Venger or Grumpy Ferguson, no team is going to keep a manager for any length of time,just look at Chelski.Its a sad fact of life in todays world,but money talks.Whilst I am not claiming AVFC has more money than NCFC,It must be apparent that AVFC made a better offer than NCFC could offer Paul Lambert.

For the sake of your club (which incidently I admire) I hope that your board takes it''s time and makes the right appointment for your club.

Don''t blame Lambert,there is a lot more going on behind the scenes at football clubs than we mere mortals will ever know.

[quote user="whistleblower"]Mister Chops,

you attitude is what makes me despair of football and society.
I assume you believe you are a wise sage and recognise the inevitability of a "big club" dominating little old Norwich. It''s "the way of the world" you and your ilk passively accept and appreciate your meagre place in society. Have some passion and boo the Judas when he returns. Rail against the machine and try to change the order of things. Ultimately history will tell whether Lambert is a good manager or got lucky with Norwich (lets not forget he was sacked at Livingstone with the worst Scottish Premier League record in history) - there''s a world of difference between dealing with folks who think they are lucky to work with you and prima donnas in the Premier League - personally I think he will suffer badly in that department. I don''t feel sorry for you - you are happy in your lobotomised state and aspire to nothing else

Lambert and Holt can both eff off "thou smell of mountain goat". We will be better off without you.[/quote]In a world where Joey Barton, Ched Evans and John Terry all walk large, I think I''m the least of your worries.Your argument''s a straw man, anyway.  I don''t think Lambert is a Judas.  He was paid to do a job here, he thinks he can do better somewhere else, good luck to him.  I won''t cry if it falls apart at Villa, but he''s done a hell of a job for this club and I won''t boo him when he returns.