Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Holt Should Take A Long Hard Look And Think

In early prem games he wasn''t playing great and was dropped. Lambert had faith and kept reintroducing him into the 1st team.

Other clubs may not be as patient and he could be dropped for good.

To be honest any player that doesnt want to play for the club i support can F**k Off for all i care.

Yes he has done well and scored some vital goals but NO ONE is bigger than Norwich City. There are more strikers out there capable of getting us 10-15 goals a season in the premier.

I have been trying to think of a comparable situation to that presented by Holt and I cannot. His behaviour has been despicable to a Club and fans who have made his career.

Talk about burning your bridges.

I think he has taken a long hard look, he''s 31 and has probably 3 years left at the top. With another club he can earn twice what Norwich can afford to pay him and he can set himself and his family up for life.

I can''t blame him for that and wish him all the best.

What Holt should do is get shot of his agent. Anyone who can think the timing of either the transfer request or their tweet/radio effort was good is an idiot, and I doubt it was Holt.

[quote user="FourFourTwo"]I think he has taken a long hard look, he''s 31 and has probably 3 years left at the top. With another club he can earn twice what Norwich can afford to pay him and he can set himself and his family up for life.

I can''t blame him for that and wish him all the best.[/quote]

that is true and understandable - but its seems its not that simple - this manipulative I want to stay but the club are being completely unreasonable angle to put himself in the best light is distateful

Wish hin good luck bollox to that.  F off Grant the way he has gone about it was deplorable, make him squirm and wait for a move and get best price £5m at least.  If £30k per week plus £5m means £7.5m for 31 year old who has done it for one season maybe a risk not many will take, remember your time at Forest.

When he first handed in his transfer request i really wanted to keep him, but the more i think about it the more i think we should just get rid of him. As others have said no one player is bigger than the club and if he really doesnt want to be here him let him go. I think that him leaving is a massive mistake on his part as he will just end up on the bench somewhere else and will be back in the championship this time next year and i really think he is being slightly deluded. He might end up with a bit more money but cant help thinking it will hurt his football career and it will probably destroy a bond with our supporters that he has not had with supporters at any other club he has played for nor will he do for west ham or any other club he plays for in the future and i really think that is a shame as he was idolised by many norwich fans.

[quote user="pete"]Wish hin good luck bollox to that.  F off Grant the way he has gone about it was deplorable, make him squirm and wait for a move and get best price £5m at least.  If £30k per week plus £5m means £7.5m for 31 year old who has done it for one season maybe a risk not many will take, remember your time at Forest.[/quote]

Sensible stuff [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

I''d be incredibly disappointed if I was told I would be too old at 33 to warrant a contract after playing a major part in taking a side up two Divisions to the top flight and remaining there. Even in football standards; 33, too old? Really? I doubt the likes of Sheringham & Shearer were told that by directors at their respective clubs.

Yep, the key word was ''think'' ... doesn''t appear he has much of that capability, although credit where credit''s due as he''s done a good job of hiding his lack of knowledge these past few years.

too true, he will regret it he was struggling at one point,and has been dropped due to lack of form ,will struggle elsewhere,all this england talk has gone to his head. Â£15,000 a week not enough ! i take all year to earn what he gets in two weeks, never satisfied best he goes no respect for the fans who supported him. 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]What Holt should do is get shot of his agent. Anyone who can think the timing of either the transfer request or their tweet/radio effort was good is an idiot, and I doubt it was Holt.[/quote]

He''s given the club maximum time to find a replacement. When would you rather he put in a transfer request? 1 Aug? Middle of the season?

He took a long hard look and realised he was being duped.Good luck to him wherever he goes.