Sign in to follow this  
Reading Canary

NCFC Board - Rabbits in headlights

The NCFC board have once again been found wanting.

It was clear some time ago ( months ) that Villa would probably dispense of their manager and that Lambert would be a clear contender - time for the Board to put in place a plan of action should an approach be made ( consult lawyers re Lamberts contract , agree how to handle any approach ) and in the background formulate a plan B ( ie a short list of managers ) . This is what Swansea did . They ensured their manager signed a new 3 year agreement a few months ago , secured a reported £9m of compensation , a hands off our players clause for 12 months and had a replacement in hand . Smart buisness !

Compare that to the way our board went about it . Our manager was allowed to remain on a 12 month rolling contract meaning a maximum of £1m compensation , they didn''t allow him to talk to Villa thus invoking his contract and allowing him to resign probably without any compensation and a zero hands off clause for our players . We dont seem to have a replacement lined up - the best they can put out is that they have been inundated with applications ( yes from has beens who are out of work ) !. They are talking about the process lasting weeks to find a replacement -In the meantime the targets that Lambert had in mind for us will go elsewhere ( Villa ) and the new man will be at a severe disadvantage .

How long does it take to call Birmingham or Cardiff to ask to approach their managers ?? 

We now have our top player tweeting away saying he wants to move and other clubs smelling blood - WHU have just bid £4m . Has McNally actually spoken to Holt recently ? - doesn''t seem like it does it .

Please NCFC Board - Get a grip of this crisis which is threatening to undo all the good work of the last 3 years.

Hmmm - I always thought that 2 + 2 = 5. 

This is just putting together alot of bits of information that are available to the public - without any depth of knowledge about what goes on behind the scenes.  How do we know we haven''t been talking to someone else already?    The one thing that is clear is that McNally won''t be held to ransom by anyone  - players or managers.   This is right.   We are trying and would want our club to be run properly and without spending beyond what we can afford.   

Lets just wait and see what happens before castigating anyone else.  Even the Holt situation can be resolved so we need patience and trust that the board are on the case.

It''s no-win situation time.re: the 12 month rolling contract - you can''t make someone sign a longer contract if they don''t want to.re: not allowing permission - If we had given Lambert permission to talk to Villa then you''d be calling the board "spineless", "they let AV walk all over us" etc.re: "inundated with applications" - It''s very early to have a replacement lined up, mostly because "tapping up" people in work while Lambert was still here would have been a massive risk and could have led to FA sanction, Lambert leaving etc.  And the club aren''t going to tell us who they are talking to for the same reasons.  Oh, and it''s a long bank holiday weekend.I think you need to give them a couple of weeks and chill out.

The board have done nothing wrong. Much to their/our frustration you cannot keep a hungry manager at your club if another preceived bigger one comes along and he wants to go. He cannot lose now, a fat 3 year contract so he will be very well off if sacked, if he does well then he will be off to bigger and better. The next appointment is the thing we should focus on now

[quote user="lake district canary"]

This is just putting together alot of bits of information that are available to the public - without any depth of knowledge about what goes on behind the scenes.  How do we know we haven''t been talking to someone else already?    The one thing that is clear is that McNally won''t be held to ransom by anyone  - players or managers.   This is right.   We are trying and would want our club to be run properly and without spending beyond what we can afford.   

Lets just wait and see what happens before castigating anyone else.  Even the Holt situation can be resolved so we need patience and trust that the board are on the case.

[/quote]

I must have been drinking some of your LSD-tainted water, ldc, because I agree with this! I am probably more critical than anyone on this board of some aspects of the way the new regime has run the club. It has not been three years of total competence. But the only thing that we know has actually happened since the end of the season is that our highly-ambitious manager has been tempted away to a markedly bigger club. Not a lot we could have done about that, in reality. It may be there has been a cock-up over compensation, but we don''t know. As for Holt, stuff like this happens all the time, and in this case (possibly as opposed to the compensation issue) we are in a strong bargaining position.

Having to look for a manager may set us back a week or two on transfers, but waiting on Euro 2012 may have been a factor there anyway. Providing the new manager can hit the ground running by the end of this month I don''t see that as a major problem.

I think the OP should get Mcnasty''s job. He obviously knows a lot more about running a football club than the Norwich City board. I bet they''re sitting round the nice shiny table at CR reading his post and thinking '' Bugger!! I wish we''d thought of all those things. God almighty, a 3 year contract !! How stupid are we? Do you think we should take his advice and actually draw up a shortlist now that we have no manager, ooooh revolutionary thinking!! Send a plane to Reading and get that man now!! ''

''Oh and while you''re at it, send for that nice Mr Holt, it''s about time we had a chat....... anyone got his mobile number? ''

Jeeez.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

I must have been drinking some of your LSD-tainted water, ldc, because I agree with this! I am probably more critical than anyone on this board of some aspects of the way the new regime has run the club. It has not been three years of total competence. But the only thing that we know has actually happened since the end of the season is that our highly-ambitious manager has been tempted away to a markedly bigger club. Not a lot we could have done about that, in reality. It may be there has been a cock-up over compensation, but we don''t know. As for Holt, stuff like this happens all the time, and in this case (possibly as opposed to the compensation issue) we are in a strong bargaining position.Having to look for a manager may set us back a week or two on transfers, but waiting on Euro 2012 may have been a factor there anyway. Providing the new manager can hit the ground running by the end of this month I don''t see that as a major problem.

[/quote]

I''d swear you were on the clubs'' payroll.

[quote user="Reading Canary"]

It was clear some time ago ( months ) that Villa would probably dispense of their manager and that Lambert would be a clear contender - time for the Board to put in place a plan of action should an approach be made ( consult lawyers re Lamberts contract , agree how to handle any approach ) and in the background formulate a plan B ( ie a short list of managers ) . This is what Swansea did . They ensured their manager signed a new 3 year agreement a few months ago , secured a reported £9m of compensation , a hands off our players clause for 12 months and had a replacement in hand . Smart buisness !

Compare that to the way our board went about it . Our manager was allowed to remain on a 12 month rolling contract meaning a maximum of £1m compensation , they didn''t allow him to talk to Villa thus invoking his contract and allowing him to resign probably without any compensation and a zero hands off clause for our players . We dont seem to have a replacement lined up - the best they can put out is that they have been inundated with applications ( yes from has beens who are out of work ) !. They are talking about the process lasting weeks to find a replacement -In the meantime the targets that Lambert had in mind for us will go elsewhere ( Villa ) and the new man will be at a severe disadvantage .

How long does it take to call Birmingham or Cardiff to ask to approach their managers ?? 

We now have our top player tweeting away saying he wants to move and other clubs smelling blood - WHU have just bid £4m . Has McNally actually spoken to Holt recently ? - doesn''t seem like it does it .

Please NCFC Board - Get a grip of this crisis which is threatening to undo all the good work of the last 3 years.

[/quote]I doubt very much that the board have been found wanting.1. We have no knowledge that PL ever wanted to sign a long term contract even if offered.2. We don''t know who they are considering behind the scenes3. The West Ham bid does not exist.4. Mc Nally and Bowkett are not mugs.Calm down and await events.

[/quote]

Ha Ha, are you for real?!!!

If you are, then you need to read through that again. If not, do not patronise us (or try and undermine David McNally for that matter!)

Who is Swansea''s new manager btw?

[quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="Reading Canary"]

[/quote](or try and undermine David McNally for that matter!)[/quote]

Lambert - gone

Holt - going

And the myth that is Plan B

It would appear that McWally is doing the undermining all by himselfski.

Our current lofty position landed in the lap of McNally following the appointment of Lambert. It could easily have gone tits up.... but he got lucky.I think it''s time now to see what McNally is really made of.... but looking at recent events at NCFC I''m not very impressed.I fear his bubble may have burst.

How does our friend from Reading know all this stuff ? Does he have some sort of secret hotline to the Carrow Rd boardroom, that the rest of us have no access to ?  Likewise, is he on first name terms with the elite at Upton Park (£4m Holt bid), and the Liberty stadium (Swansea''s managerial policy)?

Or is it just a case of him reading a few snippets of gossip here, on other message boards and in the press, then putting his own imaginary spin on it ?

Get a grip, man, and let''s wait and see what pans out over the next few days before we start hauling anyone over the coals.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]Our current lofty position landed in the lap of McNally following the appointment of Lambert. It could easily have gone tits up.... but he got lucky.I think it''s time now to see what McNally is really made of.... but looking at recent events at NCFC I''m not very impressed.I fear his bubble may have burst.[/quote]The interesting thing was that a while after McNally sacked Bryan Gunn, he listed four or five areas that he didn''t feel he was doing or performing in. *and I can''t find a link to it!* - but Lambert was selected because he was doing those things

[quote user="porkyp"]According to WHUtd twitter account THEY HAVE![/quote]And according to McNally''s twitter, they haven''t.Grant Holt remains a Norwich city player, and will not be leaving cheaply.

this board has been the savior of the club, you really should have a look at yourself without them im not even sure there would be a NCFC anymore. Admin would of ripped our guts out.

How do you no the board don''t have a short list, a plan b and all of those things you brilliantly highlight with hindsight. The way our club works is quietly and there a reasons for this. We like to play the poor man footbaall club when in reality we certainly are not. You are a typical moaner, i bet you were booing after the draw after Wigan. Makes me sick your kind. The negativity you bring really isn''t helpful. Next time don''t post.

There''s always a few supporters who think that the boards job is just to give players/managers what they want so they never have to see or hear anything negative come out, they can then put their heads up their own backside and pretend everything is great in the world. Then in 10 years time when the club is back in a financial mess they say how did it all come to this and why didnt someone say "no!". McNally is having to make hard decisions, who would you prefer to trust Doncaster?

[/quote]

To be blunt Sir.....just F*ck Off!