Sign in to follow this  
yellowngreen

Villa Fans

They make you laugh, still think they are a top club

Talking about winning trophy''s and champions league,

Lambert may be good manager but the only way to get in the champions league is to have lots and lots and lots of money and villa haven''t got any.

As for cup comps Lamberts record isn''t great is it

Position prediction 8th at best

Tin pot club, with tin pot support, yes they have a history, but there are many clubs that have, people, lets concentrate on us!

They will be top half next season.They are a big club.He is a very good manager.If we get a good manager with some money to spend and FCR gets behind the team more than ever before we can challenge to be mid table again.I hate that he walked but am not surprised.Lambert is great at getting average players to do well- we now need more genuine quality to join the squad. Jackson, Holt, Ward, Lappin, Wes, Barnett and Fox will be amongst the first moved on I should think. While Lambert brings in four players spending 12M.

I really think they will struggle again next season. Would not be at all surprised to see us finish higher than them again next season.

[quote user="yellowngreen"]They make you laugh, still think they are a top club

Talking about winning trophy''s and champions league,

Lambert may be good manager but the only way to get in the champions league is to have lots and lots and lots of money and villa haven''t got any.

As for cup comps Lamberts record isn''t great is it

Position prediction 8th at best[/quote]

what derives a big club,, the only big club in the present climate are man utd, they have achieved on a consistent basis on a regular basis, man city,chelsea may be given time, in my opinion your only as good as your last season. Villa have the potential to be a big club, but not under this owner, as for having or not having money you and i dont and will not know whats available, the club sold to make wage savings good business in any ones books, they have now got the wage bill under control and are operating within their means, oneil left because he was not going to be given more money to spend, he had spent enough ands was still playing players out of position, even with fit players in those positions being left on the bench, he was told to sell to buy, i do not expect miracles under lambert, but i do know we will play football again and not the rubbish played under mecliesh, a top half finish will do me next season, the cups are bonus for most clubs, also remember the views of a few are not the views of the majority, all the best

Pretty sensible and honest  post Cappa.................not that many will feel like  telling you that  right  now . I  for one am a very bd loser, and I feel like we lost .

I think that  a lot of people will  find that they did not get what they thought they would get from this , including  both sets of fans , and PL especially .

It will be interesting next season ,

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Tin pot club, with tin pot support, yes they have a history, but there are many clubs that have, people, lets concentrate on us![/quote]

I can taste the lemons in this post.

[quote user="Dodds"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]Tin pot club, with tin pot support, yes they have a history, but there are many clubs that have, people, lets concentrate on us![/quote]

I can taste the lemons in this post.[/quote]What do you expect?

i know how you feel, i would feel the same had the roles been reversed, football clubs operating in underhanded ways will never stop, because the governing bodies are as corrupt as hell, me and you are just football fans and we will always be just that, the powers that be will just keep robbing and taking the money while we can do very,very little about it, the saving grace is they are OUR clubs and hopefully still will be long after these parasites have gone, if it is any consolation i am sorry we have take/poached your manager, but just like you im a supporter with no say.

I''ve had a few quid on Villa to go down, Lambert''s got his work cut out to turn that ship around, it wont happen over night and a few early defeats will turn Lambert''s arrogance/confidence into self doubt (should i have left the warm cosyness of the NCFC nest).... when you compare AVFC to ourselves, Swansea, the three promoted teams and most probably an improving Qpr team i wouldn''t be getting the party poppers out just yet if i were a Villa fan..... even if we don''t suffer 2nd season syndrome Lambert might. #Otbc

I dont have a problem with Villa or their fans, it is the players, managers and agents who are the problem!! I wouldn''t want many of them to testify in a court of law because few of them know what the truth is and from there we as fans try to second guess it dont we?[:D]

As any knowledgeable football supporter knows, Villa are a proper big club. I think the last few seasons have clouded peoples judgement on here as they''ve suffered from two woeful managerial appointments.

It makes me laugh when people talk about Spurs and Newcastle as massive clubs but forget the likes of Everton and Villa. It''s only been 2 years since they finished in the top 6 consistently.

I doubt any Villa fans expect anything more than challenging for 6th and cup runs before any season. But that''s simply down to the way the money men have ruined football not their stature as a so called ''big club''. You only have to look at the sorry state Liverpool are in for further

proof of that. Yet people still think of them as a big club despite their ongoing failings.

Let''s stop the small time nonsense, accept Lambert has moved up and start thinking about next season

AJ

McLeish was handled a poisoned chalice. Being the Birmingham manager he was never going to be accepted by the Villa fans.Don''t forget McLeish won the Carling cup with Birmingham, and took them to ninth in 2009. He won the treble with Rangers, took them into the Champions league, beat France away as Scotland manager. His pedigree as a manager is pretty good.He took the Villa job (supposedly on a great salary).This was the job that Martinez was offered and turned down. Preferring a relegation scrap with Wigan to selling Young & Downing and trying to complete a season with no money and no midfieldGareth Barry, James Milner, Ashley Young are long gone. Paul Lambert isn''t going to wave a magic wand.

[quote user="JF"]I really think they will struggle again next season. Would not be at all surprised to see us finish higher than them again next season.[/quote]This + loving the reports saying he''ll get a war chest of £20m plus the money from anyone he sells.Wait til he finds out that their players are mostly $hite and that the only players at Villa anybody else might want are  erm.... the few good ones like Bent.So he''ll have to sell the good players to get replacements for the cr@p ones then?Can see them running out of steam by October, spunking another £15m in Jan and scraping in just below mid table.

So we will spend 35 million and run out of steam in October? You need to read the nonsense you''re coming out with.

[quote user="Dodds"]So we will spend 35 million and run out of steam in October? You need to read the nonsense you''re coming out with.[/quote]

You still here ? I asked you very politely on the Lambert warchest thread to do one but you are hanging around for some reason like a very bad smell and this obsession with all things Aston Villa by a handfull of our fans is of absolutely of no interest to 99% who support and love Norwich City.

Now go away there''s a good chap.

[quote user="Dodds"]So we will spend 35 million and run out of steam in October? You need to read the nonsense you''re coming out with.[/quote]

Don''t write us off yet my man. For the time being at least we still have a better squad than Villa. On the evidence of what I saw on the last day of the season Lambert will need to spend every penny of that "warchest" wisely because frankly you deserved to go down and the season before you would have done. You were fortunate there were some absolutely hopeless teams in the division this year. That isn''t bitterness that is just pure fact. Granted you were unfortunate with injuries but that was the easiest 3 points we got all season. Even Bolton and Wolves showed more quality and determination than you did. I have no doubt Lambert''s quality will shine through and he will make a big success of the Villa job but I wouldn''t expect overnight miracles. It is going to take time.

I wouldn''t read anything into the final game. We had been poor all season but nobody could quite believe how half arsed it all was.

Two days later the manager was sacked and I would guess that was no surprise to the players.

[quote user="Dodds"]I wouldn''t read anything into the final game. We had been poor all season but nobody could quite believe how half arsed it all was.

Two days later the manager was sacked and I would guess that was no surprise to the players.[/quote]

What about other 37 games as well? I am not disputing Lambert''s ability to turn the situation round. But it''s going to take a fair amount of time, investment and work. Bulldozing ahead of us might not be as straightforward as you think just yet.

Sun claims they are going to give us £6 million for Holt , Jesus we should gift wrap him at that price . Villa will be in the relegation mix again next season thats a certainty, poor side , crap yank owner and their star player is ex scummer Bent lol .

[quote user="Ncfc"]Sun claims they are going to give us £6 million for Holt , Jesus we should gift wrap him at that price . Villa will be in the relegation mix again next season thats a certainty, poor side , crap yank owner and their star player is ex scummer Bent lol .[/quote]

I don''t think they will be in the relegation mix under Lambert at all. I reckon it will be a safe lower mid table position to begin while he starts to reshape the squad. If we got a good manager who settled things down and bought shrewdly I dont see why we cant be in that ballpark (I hope!). As for Darren Bent I would love him to be our star player. The stats don''t lie. He is the second most consistent English goalscorer about behind Wayne Rooney. Been doing the business for about 6 or 7 years now at this level.

Lambert may come unstuck with the expectation and managing big players , i doubt Villa fans will be happy with league 1 signings its going to be a whole new game for him , as for Bent he is so good that every club he goes to gets rid .

He has got a different budget and will recruit accordingly. He wont have a problem with expectation. Having stood on the terraces at Dortmund I have seen first hand they are a very demanding public. It wont be any easy task for Lambert to turn around a pretty ordinary squad of players. But he will gradually do it. As for Bent. Sunderland did not want to sell him. He asked to leave and they were all gutted about it. I will ask you the question instead. How can a player be crap if he has got 55 goals in his last 104 games at top flight level. And if he is as bad as you say he is what has persuaded a lot of different managers to pay a combined total of £59.5 million in transfer fees for him over his career.

[quote user="cappa"]

what derives a big club,, the only big club in the present climate are man utd, they have achieved on a consistent basis on a regular basis, man city,chelsea may be given time, in my opinion your only as good as your last season. Villa have the potential to be a big club, but not under this owner, as for having or not having money you and i dont and will not know whats available, the club sold to make wage savings good business in any ones books, they have now got the wage bill under control and are operating within their means, oneil left because he was not going to be given more money to spend, he had spent enough ands was still playing players out of position, even with fit players in those positions being left on the bench, he was told to sell to buy, i do not expect miracles under lambert, but i do know we will play football again and not the rubbish played under mecliesh, a top half finish will do me next season, the cups are bonus for most clubs, also remember the views of a few are not the views of the majority, all the best[/quote]

For me the thing that denotes a BIG club is the number of shirts bought by fans in Tokyo, where I suspect they think Ason Villa is an hotel !!!

The fact that McLeish got Birmingham relegated TWICE far outweighed one league cup win. He also managed to finish 3rd in a two team league in Scotland with Rangers!

Claiming he''s a good manager is like claiming England had a golden generation with a straight face .

I''d be surprised if Villa finish higher next season than we have this season. For all Lambert''s bravado, he is about to enter a totally different environment where the player is currently king, not the manager. It will be interesting to see how he handles the likes of Stephen Ireland earning their £50k+ per week and happy to take the money and do sod all for it and ignore what the ''gaffer'' says. PL built the team here, but he is about to take on a ragtag rabble of youngsters and has-beens who narrowly avoided relegation but without the funds to radically overhaul it with Premier League players. By PL''s own admission, most of the quality players outside the Prem are now City players and Premier League players at that so if he wants to buy them he will have to pay Premier League prices for them. I reckon Howson would already be valued at a minimum of £10+ million.

[quote user="Dodds"]So we will spend 35 million and run out of steam in October? You need to read the nonsense you''re coming out with.[/quote]I suggest coming back after the "35 million" warchest is spent ;)  Though Kyle Naughton will be a good signing

[quote user="AJ"]The fact that McLeish got Birmingham relegated TWICE far outweighed one league cup win. He also managed to finish 3rd in a two team league in Scotland with Rangers!

Claiming he''s a good manager is like claiming England had a golden generation with a straight face .[/quote]Birmingham has been a yo-yo team ever since the went into the Premiership. West Brom were as well, but they''ve finally broken the cycle. Difficult for some teams to establish a foothold and build.