Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

OUR Norwich City, a Premier League football club after all

Okay, a few things to discuss:I don''t believe in recent times that our football club has ever been in such a strong position, i believe that we are a very attractive proposition for many aspiring managers and players alike.I believe we have a GOOD board, one that has come through very dark times in recent years and one that has turned our club into a success, not only financially but on the pitch also. All this has been done without turning to investors that could potentially without a moments notice pull out and leave us high and dry. The speculation about Lambert and Holt will be rife, but you can almost guarantee that there were financial implications, Mr McNally will not be held to ransome for the sake of the football clubs future. It was McNally that bought Lambert to the football club and he will be astute with his next selection i''m sure. As mentioned on previous posts, the football club will be aware of the internal goings on, its no different to the office gossip what you get where ''you & I'' work. Mcnally would have been doing his homework for such a circumstance. The money we get from the compensation from Villa will be used in the same way to compensate the club we take their manager from. Lambert, we''ve seen this before when we were the benefactors from Colchester, he is out for himself and to progress his career as soon as possible. As i have prviously said, i think he is running before he can walk, i think another seasons stability in the Premiership would have proved his worth. I personally hope he falls flat on his face, but thank him for the work he has done at Carrow Road.This may be controversial, but i heard only today from someone associated with the club that things have not been so rosy behind the scenes at Carrow Road, Lamberts man management style has riled players and to some extent he lost some of the dressing room. Apparently what we see in Lambert interviews is what the players also see, a lot of privacy. It''s Culvehouse that gives the players their directions handed down from Lambert. The players have asked Lambert questions, but have been traeted to the same muted response.Holt, i think he is trying to grab something which has unfortunately already passed him by, the whole England thing must have hurt, he didn''t get selected because he plays for Norwich. But i think he will be a bit part figure where ever he goes from here, unless he drops a division and believe he is being short sighted. But if he wants to go, GET RID and take the cash. Don''t forget Holt was a bit part player for us at times last season, he is getting older, a great player, but if no man wants to play for a club his heart will never truly be in it.All in all, Norwich Cith Football Club is more than a rough diamond, a semi smoothed dimond, partly thanks to Lambert, partly down to McNally, i think in McNally we trust to bring in the right man, which i''m sure he will.These are potentially exciting times, a new manager with a spending budget that will be envied by many. Hopefully not a different playing style, but not the same style witnessed by teams last season, we will still have the element of surprise, therefore potentially negating predictable second season syndrome.On The Ball City, lets keep the faith.

Nice post CU. I''m in agreement.

I was particularly interested in the piece about Lambert''s persona amongst the players. If true it might help explain a few recent events, but it belies the standard of commitment that he apparently extracted from those same players last season.

If, indeed Culverhouse was the go-between in player-managerial relationships then this adds strength to his own particular claims to be our next manager.

I just wish IC would make some comment in the media. His silence has and continues to be deafening. I realise that things are delicate at the moment, but I don''t recall much, if anything, from him over the past three seasons. Perhaps this is because I am an exile and rarely privy to local television or press reporting.  

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Nice post CU. I''m in agreement.

I was particularly interested in the piece about Lambert''s persona amongst the players. If true it might help explain a few recent events, but it belies the standard of commitment that he apparently extracted from those same players last season.

If, indeed Culverhouse was the go-between in player-managerial relationships then this adds strength to his own particular claims to be our next manager.

I just wish IC would make some comment in the media. His silence has and continues to be deafening. I realise that things are delicate at the moment, but I don''t recall much, if anything, from him over the past three seasons. Perhaps this is because I am an exile and rarely privy to local television or press reporting.  

[/quote]It actually came from a first team player, for the usual reasons i won''t name him, but i can quite believe it. Only recently an old post was dragged up about a Colchester player (ex Forest) saying he was delighted that Lambert had left. If his man management skills are a little robust then it might cause issues, there will always be the players that need to be told direct to get a grip, but there''ll laso be the type of player that once in a while needs an arm around them. New manager, fresh start, lets be happy where we are and be hopeful for the future [:)]

I like the positive twang on this post and I agree with the points raised. Let''s all get behind the club and those that are still here and we''ll be fine next season whoever is at the helm. McNally will get it right, and by January if it''s not working, you just know he''ll change it anyway.

Nicely put CU.

Lambert has done a great job whilst at City but I don''t fear him leaving, just hope we don''t get a muppet in!

cheers pablofarmer

Pablo Counago? BINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]cheers pablofarmer

Pablo Counago? BINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)[/quote]interesting? [:|]

Why do we still not have like buttons on this forum? You just earned a like CU, bang on.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Okay, a few things to discuss:I don''t believe in recent times that our football club has ever been in such a strong position, i believe that we are a very attractive proposition for many aspiring managers and players alike.I believe we have a GOOD board, one that has come through very dark times in recent years and one that has turned our club into a success, not only financially but on the pitch also. All this has been done without turning to investors that could potentially without a moments notice pull out and leave us high and dry. The speculation about Lambert and Holt will be rife, but you can almost guarantee that there were financial implications, Mr McNally will not be held to ransome for the sake of the football clubs future. It was McNally that bought Lambert to the football club and he will be astute with his next selection i''m sure. As mentioned on previous posts, the football club will be aware of the internal goings on, its no different to the office gossip what you get where ''you & I'' work. Mcnally would have been doing his homework for such a circumstance. The money we get from the compensation from Villa will be used in the same way to compensate the club we take their manager from. Lambert, we''ve seen this before when we were the benefactors from Colchester, he is out for himself and to progress his career as soon as possible. As i have prviously said, i think he is running before he can walk, i think another seasons stability in the Premiership would have proved his worth. I personally hope he falls flat on his face, but thank him for the work he has done at Carrow Road.This may be controversial, but i heard only today from someone associated with the club that things have not been so rosy behind the scenes at Carrow Road, Lamberts man management style has riled players and to some extent he lost some of the dressing room. Apparently what we see in Lambert interviews is what the players also see, a lot of privacy. It''s Culvehouse that gives the players their directions handed down from Lambert. The players have asked Lambert questions, but have been traeted to the same muted response.Holt, i think he is trying to grab something which has unfortunately already passed him by, the whole England thing must have hurt, he didn''t get selected because he plays for Norwich. But i think he will be a bit part figure where ever he goes from here, unless he drops a division and believe he is being short sighted. But if he wants to go, GET RID and take the cash. Don''t forget Holt was a bit part player for us at times last season, he is getting older, a great player, but if no man wants to play for a club his heart will never truly be in it.All in all, Norwich Cith Football Club is more than a rough diamond, a semi smoothed dimond, partly thanks to Lambert, partly down to McNally, i think in McNally we trust to bring in the right man, which i''m sure he will.These are potentially exciting times, a new manager with a spending budget that will be envied by many. Hopefully not a different playing style, but not the same style witnessed by teams last season, we will still have the element of surprise, therefore potentially negating predictable second season syndrome.On The Ball City, lets keep the faith.[/quote]

The source for the speculation comment was from Surman. With other recent posts I wouldn''t be surprised if Lambert had upset a few people a long the way? I just hope when he starts with the attitude towards players who earn £100,000 a week he gets a lesson in who believes they are worth more. If Lambert loses the dressing room with just a couple of high earners, it''ll be interesting to see who the club and fans show their loyal support too?

Interesting (yawn) comments from the player source, which don''t quite chime with the videos seen at end of season dinners when Lambert is full of banter with all the players.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Interesting (yawn) comments from the player source, which don''t quite chime with the videos seen at end of season dinners when Lambert is full of banter with all the players.[/quote]Behind closed doors is completely different.

Precisely, why would you not get a long with your boss, publicly or not, if he is the governor he is the one you have to impress, if the governor is no longer your boss and had no influence in your employment anymore then you are free (with in reason) to say what you want! I expect a few more stories to come out over the summer?!

great post CU totally agree these are exciting times we have to rely on mcnally to get the right man to take us forward, everything else is in place good squad, facilities and great fans. a real prospect for any manger