Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

Will Dean Ashton be a Canary next season?

OK, now Dean has scored 2 goals in two under 21 internationals (could have had a few more!)

I think the ''wolves'' will be baying at the door of Carrow Road, before and during the close season. I''m aware he is on a long contract- which in this day and age- unfortunately isn''t worth the parchment it''s written on.

He''s had a taste of the top-flight, and is now adapting to the pace and fury of Premiership football and he is now featuring under the spotlight of Prem'' Managers, scouts and the well respected? ''pundits''.

Will Dean be a Canary next season? or will a "Bigga Club!" poach him away from Norfolk?

If we stay up, he''ll still be here for certain. But! if the club are relegated, the money-men will be leering through the windows, offering him and City the moon on a stick.

I personally think it will be difficult to retain him if the Club are unable to survive - even with his ''verbal'' pledge to remain here.

This young man, has the potential of being a better international than Shearer, Lineker or Owen. If he remains here, will it restrict his opportunities to advance his career? Or, will he be another Zamora who''s career at Spurs fell flat!

Who decides? I think he may go elsewhere....... OTBC ;~(  

[quote]OK, now Dean has scored 2 goals in two under 21 internationals (could have had a few more!) I think the ''wolves'' will be baying at the door of Carrow Road, before and during the close season. I''m a...[/quote]

Unfortunatley I tend to agree with you Mello, I bet the ''wispers'' have already started in the young mans ears.

Words like cat, hell and chance spring to mind, eh?.

You can almost hear the wolves sharping their knives all ready, and I''ll go further than that...

Will Hucks be here as well?.

Worrying times me think!.  

Did you see him play last night? according to the sky website he scored a wonder goal. Good for him, rather he scored some on sat at Highbury though!

Don''t worry Blacko, I dreamt last night he bagged a brace in a 4-1 win, problem was it was so "realistic" that I woke up and thought it was true!!  DOH. 

Yes, I watched the game, and yes, he scored a good goal - BUT - for large parts of the game he looked completely disinterested, not chasing back when he lost the ball, running into blind alleys etc.  I''m not complaining, because he lloked very much like a player who was doing the bare minimum required in the game to make an impact and therefore saving himself for this weekend ....

Any Prem managers or scouts watching last night would be urging a bid for Bent based on their performances, as I believe he would go for less bearing in ming that lot''s finances......

Whatever league we are in, it''s going to take an offer of £6m+ for us to even consider selling.

Ashton is class; his first touch is immaculate and he is always praising players and giving them encouragement. Natural footballer and a great team player. I too watched the game last night, and thought he did very well...and he is helped by playing with good players. The thing Darren Bent has is great movement and pace, and Ashton more often than not picks him out. I think he could go on to be England''s next Alan Shearer, and realistically he doesn''t have to move on from Norwich for a good few years yet, maybe never if we can establish ourselves as a decent Premiership side!

Deano''s going nowhere! 

[quote]Don''t worry Blacko, I dreamt last night he bagged a brace in a 4-1 win, problem was it was so "realistic" that I woke up and thought it was true!! DOH.[/quote]

Hope your dream proves true weston, i have an odd feeling about this weeks game (not unusual for me), like a sense of calm, that we are going to get a positive result... well let''s hope so becuase I hate feelin negative...C''mon City... we''re gonna win the league!!!

Can I not point out that the Premiership wolves were sharpening their claws over Ashton, last season and this very season. In fact, one of those Premiership wolves* got him.

I reckon we''ll hang on to him, personally. He has the "Huckerby" choice - be a big fish in a well facilitated club who loves him and actually have a crack at becoming successful (whether later staying or not), or be a bench warmer at Spurs, Villa, Man City or another bunch of has-beens and never-will-be''s....

I reckon (or at least hope) the boy has enough sense to stay, and with him and Huckerby, we''ll be back in the Premiership before you can say "Aston for England".

*The thought of refering to Norwich as "Wolves" annoys me, Premiership or not..

ive said it before, and ill say it again.

Unless some ridiculous sum of money is offered, i doubt Norwich will spend 4 million on a player to play half a season......

now.... if Arsenal or manu offer 50 million i wouldnt say no.

As far as i see it, he will unless he wont

I think if we all read the latest interview with Dean on the official site we will get our answer.  Good on him, but nothing less than I expected, I have to be honest.  (Read the last few paragraphs of this week''s Bird''s Eye View if you need confirmation of the faith I had in him being here next season).  Trouble is, I now expect the club to go all out to return at the first attempt if we go down, and anything less will be seen as a big failure.  The pressure will be really be on all of them, but especially Worthy! 

It has to be said that he hasn''t set the world alight since he''s moved, also i''m sure he knew that there would be more than a good chance of getting relegated. So, no. no-one is going to pay 8million to get him (the amount i feel the board would accept)

hey come on lads are you forgetting deano was at crewe for some time playing in front of very small crowds.he has now settled in with a premiership set up whichever league we are in next year. rest assured deano will be there with us.i personally dont think we will lose anyof our decent players a few fringe players possibly mcveigh. mulryne we already know about. the one decent player when he performs for 90 mins francis could be a suprise exit if any do go