Sign in to follow this  
Supermarket Prodigy

Interesting Alan Thompson Talk...

[quote user="Dibs"]

Has this got anything to do with Fox,Jackson & Ward signing contracts knowing that Culverhouse is

staying.

Yes I know 2+2=5. just a thought.

[/quote]I think I heard they were just automatic clauses that were triggered.Good lateral thinking though.[Y]

Yeah, they are automatic clauses installed in contracts that the club can activate and of which the players have no say in

[quote user="AJ"]Yeah, they are automatic clauses installed in contracts that the club can activate and of which the players have no say in[/quote]

Who would decide to activate these extented contracts, which players they want to keep without any manager.

Thompson was at Villa for 2 seasons, he was also playing for Celtic at the same time as Lambert.

If Culverhouse stays here it won''t and indeed shouldn''t be as manager, big difference between being a coach and a manager and I can''t see Mcnally taking any risks. I would imagine he''ll be following the traitor to Villa Park anyway.

Just announced.  I notice that he used to play for Villa and played under Martin O''Neill. Just got me thinking ........ 2 + 2 = ?

[quote user="kdncfc"]If Culverhouse stays here it won''t and indeed shouldn''t be as manager, big difference between being a coach and a manager and I can''t see Mcnally taking any risks. I would imagine he''ll be following the traitor to Villa Park anyway.[/quote] If Thompson joins Villa as a coach that still leaves the assistant managers job for Culverhouse , also if we were hiring Culverhouse as manager why would McNally say we are taking the search to Europe . As for Paddy Power suspending betting most firms do overnight although Skybet usually keep their odds up .

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2738417/ShowPost.aspxLol, sorry. Just down the page a bit[Y]

Ah, sorry folks. I''ve been asleep for a couple of hours and just woke up and heard that on Talksport. So others are thinking the same. Will go to the other thread, Thanks Morty.

[quote user="paul moy"]Ah, sorry folks. I''ve been asleep for a couple of hours and just woke up and heard that on Talksport. So others are thinking the same. Will go to the other thread, Thanks Morty.[/quote]Lol, you''re welcome[Y]

Thing is , doesn''t McNally also know Thompson ? Could he be coming here as another guy in the Lambert mold ?

[quote user="morty"]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2738417/ShowPost.aspx

Lol, sorry. Just down the page a bit[Y]
[/quote]

This Thompson development has spiced up the whole situation at Villa with regard to him joining Lambert and here with the Culverhouse will he stay will he go scenario.

Hey Morty what''s the betting our friend from across the Pond starts thread No.3 on this same subject shortly under some obscure title ? [:D]

If Lennon was to become our manager, then would there be any sense/reasoning that Thompson would leave first?

Just wondering like, to see if that was another option.

Also interesting is that he was at Leeds with Gus Poyet and played under Dave Basset (2007)...... ummmmmmmm

[quote user="paul moy"]Bassett is currently available after quitting Sheff Utd.....[/quote]Please no.[:(]

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]If Lennon was to become our manager, then would there be any sense/reasoning that Thompson would leave first?

Just wondering like, to see if that was another option.[/quote]Daily Mail says Thompson has been sacked because of his lifestyle , seems to have a drink problem .

[quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"]Bassett is currently available after quitting Sheff Utd.....[/quote]

Please no.

[:(]
[/quote]

A Bassett/Thompson or Poyet/Thompson managerial partnership ? 

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"]Bassett is currently available after quitting Sheff Utd.....[/quote]Please no.[:(][/quote]

A Bassett/Thompson or Poyet/Thompson managerial partnership ? 

[/quote]No, you''re still not selling me it lol.

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="Skijumptoes"]If Lennon was to become our manager, then would there be any sense/reasoning that Thompson would leave first? Just wondering like, to see if that was another option.[/quote]
Daily Mail says Thompson has been sacked because of his lifestyle , seems to have a drink problem .
[/quote]

That''s obviously just a smokescreen or alcoholic haze.... [:D]

Anyone noticed that Thompson appears to have been sacked and not left of his own free will?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11787/7794337/Thompson-contract-terminated

Sorry to piddle on everyones cornflakes, but it appears this changes nothing.

ha, and there was me thinking he was still playing football, great player in his day, should have earnt more England caps i think, expect the rumours to Villa could be true

[quote user="Ncfc"]Daily Mail says Thompson has been sacked because of his lifestyle , seems to have a drink problem .[/quote]Ah, he''ll be going to the Scum then