Sign in to follow this  
dj

West Ham bid 4 million for Holt

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I agree swap Holt for Rhodes, everyone''s happy.[/quote]I certainly wouldn''t be.FFS, the guys has a good season in League One and suddenly he''s the new Henry - what a total joke.Way too much of a gamble for the sort of price they''re looking for.

He wasn''t hashtagging anything. He retweeted something about a charity football event in his hometown of Carlisle and the original tweet contained the hashtag #holtyforvilla or something like that. It was nothing. For example he just retweeted this:

@svenncfc: @holty30 can I get a rt mate, walking 22 miles in Bridgnorth walk for charity! #ncfc shirt on Holt 9 on the back :-)

He''s always retweeting things about charity events, he''s a nice bloke, there''s no need for people to vilify him.

The way I read it all is that GH was promised a conversation on his contract at a certain point which didn''t happen, and went on not happening. I can''t see any disdain from our club captain but rather promises not kept and if Holt is anything like me nothing would make him wonder about his future more.

If he hadn''t wanted to be here then he wouldn''t have asked for an extension to his contract - he''d have got his agent to fish around after the 2nd best season an english striker had had.

Forgive me for thinking that whilst we have a right to worry about our club GH has to balance that with being the only person he can trust to put his family''s and his own livelihoods first and the signals were poor at best from the club. Timing might not seem right to us but the close season is only a month long!

Lee Payne sounded totally out of control on radio norfolk...hardly the cool buisness head you would want to be acting on your behalf... he was out of control and not making any sense half the time... the funniest bit was when he made the too old remark and then said grant has only got 2 or 3 years left ... what a berk  league 2 at best...

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I believe Lee Payne said that in his interview on Radio Norfolk on Friday evening.[/quote]

I can''t see why Lee Payne would lie about a 3 year deal eventually being offered?

If that is the case, and if Holt had to wait longer than was originally promised and/or longer than he thought he should have to wait and a 3 year deal is/was on the table and he has rejected it and is continuing to say he wants to leave, what more can the club do?

We can''t force Holt to sign it.  What more does he want?  Or no matter what is now offered is he saying it''s too late and he just wants to leave, even if an apology, a 3 year contract, and a perhaps a little sweetner were on the table?  But should we have to bow to his demands, especially if this 3 year deal has already been offered?

If this is the case, we could sell him (if the new manager was unable to smooth it over), or we could refuse to sell him and hope that given the chance, when he gets back on the pitch and scores a couple of goals he gets that ''love'' back and goes to the board and says I will sign that contract afterall.

It''s of no benefit to anyone ''let him rot in the reserves'', but equally, we do not have to sell him and certainly not for peanuts or to a rival.

From the club''s standpoint they''re saying, you''re not for sale, pull your socks up, get back on the pitch at the start of next season and get back to what you''re doing best.  You are contracted to and paid to do a job for NCFC.

It will be interesting to see how the new manager views this as the situation can''t be helping the dressing room and certainly not the team.

people going on about not getting this new contract should ask why the rush? Mc Nally said out of contract players dealt with first, followed by last year of contract players then anyone else who wishes to discuss a new contract is dealt with in that order. what appears to be going on is that Payne thinks Holt should be dealt with FIRST, why? Holt signed a NEW contract last summer so why six months later does he wish to renegotiate it? His agent should have negotiated a better deal LAST summer but obviously didnt so he should be held more accountable than the club as surely that is what an agents job is? For Holt to have thrown histeddies out of the pram the way he appears to have done is bizarre and I cannot help but think it has in part been fuelled by the fact he thought he should have been in the England squad!!! As club captain he is supposed to set the example for the rest of the players not act in the manner he appears to have done!!

Ruddygore, you seem to miss the importance of the timing: by hitting out on Friday when the manager had just walked out and the club was clealy having to deal with that, he couldnt have done more harm if he had tried - see all the media coverage about a player mutiny. You woud not expect the club captain to behave this way, whether or not he has a case. Sometimes other things come first, he is not bigger than the club whatever he may think; his livelihood is not at stake, he will earn the best part of £2m over the next 2 years (and was in the end offered the third year he supposedly wanted).

[quote user="baldyboy"]people going on about not getting this new contract should ask why the rush? Mc Nally said out of contract players dealt with first, followed by last year of contract players then anyone else who wishes to discuss a new contract is dealt with in that order. what appears to be going on is that Payne thinks Holt should be dealt with FIRST, why? Holt signed a NEW contract last summer so why six months later does he wish to renegotiate it? His agent should have negotiated a better deal LAST summer but obviously didnt so he should be held more accountable than the club as surely that is what an agents job is? For Holt to have thrown histeddies out of the pram the way he appears to have done is bizarre and I cannot help but think it has in part been fuelled by the fact he thought he should have been in the England squad!!! As club captain he is supposed to set the example for the rest of the players not act in the manner he appears to have done!!
[/quote]

spot on my man!!!

Perhaps I do Branston, I don''t deny that timing is an issue but merely that these things often happen I suppose where not everyone is on the same page. i doubt we''ll ever know the true timeline but rather have to rely on press releases from the club which are infrequent and late at best and the issuings from GH''s agent which do seem miss-timed at best also.

At th end of the day I can''t see GH as not having a strong affinity with the club and the people and it wouldn''t disappear overnight unless he took all the posts on this board to heart :)

I was told all this a couple of weeks ago... including the  comments which pissed off Holt ( quite understanderbly ) . This is by  aperson who has become quite close to the players through business.

I was later told , that after the testimonial,  straight from the horses mouth ....excuse the pun ....(.to the same person)  he had accepted improved terms and was staying .

I wonder what happened in the mean time ? I think its entirely  down to  either

1) Lambert Going

2) The agent stirring it up again

But who knows ? and to be frank I  am getting fed up with all this now....obviously  evrybody involved is just looking after their own interests, and all us as the fans need is some resolution .

Mr B

Are you seriously suggesting that he didnt know !!

Anyone with any sense wouldnt retweet unless they had read the whole message, least of all anyone in the public eye.

It can be deleted off his account but he has chosen not to do this which again suggests he knows what he has done.

Personally I feel very let down by a player that the CLUB has given him the chance to be what he is today. He was bought pre-Lambert and all of us who saw him in the 1st few games under Gunn were excited by what we saw,

I understand all that is said about not losing him and I am gutted he wants out. However both he and his agent has made his position untenable in the pass few days.

Maybe he thought that we wouldn''t be so precious as to get upset about a hashtag in a tweet that was to promote a charity fund raising event in his home town.

Get over yourselves.

I was interested to read on this forum this morning that it''s Twitter''s fault Holt wants to leave and that he''d be staying if "we" "banned" it.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Maybe he thought that we wouldn''t be so precious as to get upset about a hashtag in a tweet that was to promote a charity fund raising event in his home town.

Get over yourselves.[/quote]^^^This.

Ruddygore said: ".....Nothing stopping anyone talking about the rest of the team but what I find odd is a stadium full singing his name one moment and then a few lumpy bo llocks telling him to feck off a couple of weeks later..... Along with the rest of the team we''ve had the second best english goal scorer in our team and I for one wouldn''t want to just write him off because a few big time charlie''s on here haven''t got the patience to wait for the club and Holt to sort it out"

Good post Ruddyg!