Sign in to follow this  
dj

West Ham bid 4 million for Holt

lamberts gone so we can say what we feel .As far as im aware Holtys still a Norwich City player and i for one hope he starts the first game next season in Norwich colours. We f...ing love Grant Holt !!!!!!     

For some unknown reason I read the title of this topic in Ipswich Crazys voice!GRANT HOLT YOOO ARRRR G''WAN TO HEEEEEELLLL.

Yeah he deserves it... very good season... a troublesome forward for international defenders... he is a passionate player that all england fans want to see in our england team... it is never there for me so he would change that.Personally though I have no interest in how England do, I only care about NCFC and club comes before country. So he does deserve it but it would not have made me changed my opinion on England.

Its all very well people saying take the money and run, but how much will it take to replace a 15 goal premiership striker.........to put it into perspective Marvin Sordell cost Bolton £4m in January.....ouch!!!

So if he we do see him in a Norwich City shirt again you won''t be cheering his goals and singing his praises then. Because you couldn''t be that fickle.

Could you.....

What we are doing is replacing a forward who does not want to be here any longer. We will replace a 15 goal a season striker with hopefully two younger strikers who can get that between them, but develop season on season and become better than Holty. We also hope that we can have a team that is happy with a bad egg leaving our club asap. These players then being able to play to their abilities Howson, Pilky etc and scoring and setting up goals. We have great young potential add some other quality in a few positions and we can become a better team.We have to replace Holty at some time anyway, so now we can and have another 4million+ and the money we already had in the budget for two strikers... plus Holty''s wages.It is not running away with the first offer, it is moving the bad egg asap and getting a reasonable price 4-5 million is fair now that the world knows he wants out. I think 6 is the most we would have got anyway. But we do need him to talk to a new manager and maybe be here next season as he may still want to move on. We need players commited to the cause. I am very excited about our new manager looking at two new strikers.

I want to see him in a Norwich shirt again, I think that both sides (the club and Holt) have made mistakes with the current situation, I hope a compromise is reached, but I''m starting to feel it won''t be.

Disagree Mr. Brownstone. I think especially now that Lambert has gone, McNally would be more than happy to give Holt another chance if he changed his mind and wanted to stay.

McNally may seem hard nosed but he''s not stupid. Losing the manager AND the club captain/top scorer/on field idol is a lot more damaging for fan and club morale than losing just the manager. In fact, sorting things out with Holt could have a massive positive boost on the whole club after the last couple of weeks. Not only that, but he''s also clever enough to realise that 15 goal a season strikers aren''t that easy to come by without spending big money. If Holt changes his mind and decides he wants to stay, I''m certain McNally would have no problems with him doing so - as long as the terms of the stay were suitable for the club as well as Holt.

McNally said to Grant Holt that he was to old to have a 3 year contract and that is why he wants to leave

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Except McNally did back down Gareth, but Holt and Payne decided too much damage had been done and they rejected the contract.

Not sure how it''s resolvable from here. Even if Holt realises what he''d be walking out on and changes his mind I can''t see that offer from McNally still being on the table.

It''s all very sad that''s it''s come to this.[/quote]
So they''re still not willing to back down? At this point Holt just seems intent on burning all bridges, I love Holt I really do, and it would break my heart to see him leave, not as an NCFC legend, but like this. Please Holt just go to McNally, apologise, and sign the deal, I don''t want it to end like this.
*No Homo*

This revelation changes absolutely everything!

I hope to god Lambert doesn''t leave as well!

It''s his first post ... nice welcome committee guys. Give him a break your acting like a bunch of sarcastic old gits ..... then again you probably are.

[quote user="Crispy"]It''s his first post ... nice welcome committee guys. Give him a break your acting like a bunch of sarcastic old gits ..... then again you probably are.[/quote]Top tip for anyone new.Read the forum a bit, see whats being talked about etc before you just wade in[Y]

According to my source The real reason Holt wants to jack us in is because he''s a Rangers supporter and thinks we''re too pally with Celtic. Plus he wanted to move to Rangers and he would''ve gone had we had a greater offer.

If what Payne says is accurate then McNally eventually offered Holt the deal he was looking for but Holt wouldn''t accept it because of the way McNally treated/spoke to him.

The only way I see this working out is if Holt is the one receiving the apology, not offering it.

That''s if Payne is telling the truth, there are always 2 sides to every story and we haven''t heard McNally''s side yet.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Jesus lads... have you seen this!!?  CLICK ME[/quote]FFS, just as we were starting to look like stabilising.  At least we''ve still got Cody.  What?  Has someone told Paul Moy?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Some on here seem to have turned on him, but 2 weeks ago wanted him in the squad....

So would you still want him in the squad?

[/quote]Has he ever played for Liverpool?Has he ever played for Liverpool Reserves?In that case no, he''s not good enough.

If anyone is going to convince Gary Holt to stay its Nigel Worthington.No idea what Livingstones Paul Lambert has to do with any of this.