Sign in to follow this  
dj

West Ham bid 4 million for Holt

Great news, may make the others who may be interested come out and put a few conflicting bids in and hopefully we can move him on by the end of this week.4 million is good, but there may be some other bids... Think Holt has stupidly made our boards comments that he isn''t for sale then seem ok when he openly says he wants to leave. If we accepted 4 million and he hadn''t of come out and said he wants to again then the board would have looked weak... but now we can shift him without the board looking silly.Thank you West Ham, this hopefully means he will be on the way out soon and our new manger can have money to bring in two strikers.

[quote user="smooth"]Great news, may make the others who may be interested come out and put a few conflicting bids in and hopefully we can move him on by the end of this week.4 million is good, but there may be some other bids... Think Holt has stupidly made our boards comments that he isn''t for sale then seem ok when he openly says he wants to leave. If we accepted 4 million and he hadn''t of come out and said he wants to again then the board would have looked weak... but now we can shift him without the board looking silly.Thank you West Ham, this hopefully means he will be on the way out soon and our new manger can have money to bring in two strikers.[/quote]

4 million for two strikers? What are we resigning Strihavka & Chris Brown?

He will kick up a stink if this is rejected and he doesn''t get a 3rd year so just give him it, he deserves it.

Shyster I am sure in our buget we had already allocated a certain amount of money to a new striker coming in with Wilby and Martin (possibly) leaving the club this summer. Leaving us with 4 strikers if Holt had stayed.Now we will have the 4 million + from Holty moving on and his wages and that other cash which I presume would have been a similar sum for that additional striker.Seems like we will have quite a bit of cash now allocated to our forward line.Still we need help in the middle of the park, personally David Fox is not the answer and we need centre back (possibly two) and that right full back. It is the spine of the team that needs the most impact and it needed it anyway.But now we have a very good opportunity to have some funds for two new strikers with Holty''s money going striaght into that category.

If 15 goal strikers + the rest Holt brings to the team is worth 4 million, lets get a couple please.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Are Sky/Sun trying to nobble us?

Yet more Sky lies.

[/quote]

It does have a stink about it.Maybe it''s revenge for the court case the other year.

Also what really pisses me off is that the News Corp group do seem to know more than anyone else,and it''s not all lies.Are they still tapping phones or just have very good snitches?

Despite his advancing years, Premier League proven goalscorers come at a premium, especially English ones!
He still has a couple of good years left in him if he keeps himself in shape. If he doesn''t want to stay here and no improved offer is made, then sell him . . . But NOT at £4 Million!! No Way!!
£6 million I think is more of a fair amount, and perhaps McNally could negotiate some add-ons to bump that up a bit after certain amount of league apps/goals etc. Still think we should wait on making a decision until a new manager is installed, that way Holt will find out what his future could be here before making a decision either way.

I actually don''t think 4 million is that derisory. It would be if clubs weren''t aware of his desire to leave, but they are and as a result we need to be prepared for these offers.

A few clubs will be wanting to test our resolve right now. They know as well as we do that a player without the desire to play is an expensive waste of time and space.

Like it or not, when Holt goes, it will more than likely be for an amount similar to this. Personally, I think the sentiment of us, the NCFC fans, is adding about 2 million to his valuation.

In the England squad and in the Norwich team!

I cannot believe the hatred directed to him on this forum

Get the right manager in and he could yet be here for a couple more seasons. There has been a fall out with Mc Nalley and there is noone to intercede at the moment

[quote user="city4eva"]

In the England squad and in the Norwich team!

I cannot believe the hatred directed to him on this forum

[/quote]

it''s what everyone wants we''re just hurting a bit thats all

He deserves an England call up, regardless of whats happening with Norwich. I hope this can be sorted out, it just seems like both player and club have made mistakes and neither one is willing to back down over this.

Except McNally did back down Gareth, but Holt and Payne decided too much damage had been done and they rejected the contract.

Not sure how it''s resolvable from here. Even if Holt realises what he''d be walking out on and changes his mind I can''t see that offer from McNally still being on the table.

It''s all very sad that''s it''s come to this.