Sign in to follow this  
Oli_NCFC

Suspicious...

i find it strange that a manager who was idolised by the fans has now left and the most idolised player in the squad wants out too, i know a lot of people see Mcnally as a hero but i cant help wondering what''s going on behind the scenes.

Anyway im grateful for everything lambert has done but i will enjoy seeing villa lose.

Also if grant goes, good luck to him but like lambert i will enjoy seeing him on the bench or not score.

Not suspicious at all.Lambert is ambitious. While Holt is getting old and wants greater job security.

Has i posted earlier its a good time to manage villa .Any half decent manager is going to improve them from last season Lambert on a Win Win situation

it is when 5 or 6 days before lambert says he''s happy at norwich, and its already been said that holt got rejected for a third year, he wanted job security at norwich.

[quote user="stoke canary"]Has i posted earlier its a good time to manage villa .Any half decent manager is going to improve them from last season Lambert on a Win Win situation[/quote]

he stated that he has his own targets for norwich so he was planning with norwich, he said the board wanted norwich to survive again but he had his own targets so aslong as he survived again it would be win win for him.

[quote user="Oli_NCFC"]i find it strange that a manager who was idolised by the fans has now left and the most idolised player in the squad wants out too, i know a lot of people see Mcnally as a hero but i cant help wondering what''s going on behind the scenes. [/quote]

I agree.

Has i also wrote in my previous post .I dont think Lambert would have gone to either Liverpool or Chelsea if offered the job.Too much expected !!!!!

you can''t but sure of that, he loves a challenge, going from colchester to norwich was a big jump, yes lower league but norwich are a much bigger club in every way than colchester and a lot would have been expected when he came to norwich, he would thrive on it.

What Lambert did after was fantastic .But again i am sure any half decent manager would have got us out of Div 1 .He was never under pressure during the 3 years he was with us

Once again you cant be sure of that, other teams have stayed in that division and after losing 7-1 it was never going to be certain, i think in 3 years he was, it was a different kind of pressure though, it wasn''t the pressure of getting promoted (after league 1), he had the pressure of staying in the championship and the premier league, he exceeded both of those expectations so i think he handled the pressure well!

Oli We will just have too wait and see how much ambition Lambert has got .Only time will tell.At the moment i think he is just taking the easy ,no pressure road.

Some people have short memories. We were in disarray when Lambert took over. Leeds took, what, three years to get out of League One. QPR took the same, I think, certainly didn''t come straight back.

It was a serious achievement to sort that squad out and turn them from an unfit bunch of nobodies into runaway Champions. There was serious pressure on Lambert and he rose to the occasion hugely. And while the Championship season was largely pressure free, the last month wasn''t and Lambert''s team rose to it while Cardiff faded away.

My Villa-supporting mate is delighted that Lambert has been appointed and expects them to finish in the top seven as a result. If he''s representative, that''s quite a level of expectation. One I think Lambert, once again, will rise to.

He obviously hasnt got what it would take to get Norwich higher than 12th next season.It will be easier to improve Villa next season than Norwich.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

My Villa-supporting mate is delighted that Lambert has been appointed and expects them to finish in the top seven as a result. If he''s representative, that''s quite a level of expectation. One I think Lambert, once again, will rise to.

[/quote]
I was playing cricket in Birmingham on Saturday with a team split between Villa and Birmingham fans. All of the Villa fans were very happy with the announcement when it broke. I''m not sure all thought top 7 straight away next season, but certainly they were all very optimistic of good things to come. I''d agree that Lambert seems the type to rise to the occasion and do just fine.

"He obviously hasnt got what it would take to get Norwich higher than 12th next season."

That being 40 million quid, presumably.

Didnt take 40 million to get us to 12th ,why should it take 40 million to finish higher next season?? Lamberts got no balls ,He has taken on a easier job in improving a poor Villa