Sign in to follow this  
CCEK

100 million

So things have been a bit quiet on here, close of season and all that so I''ve been thinking ( doesn''t happen too often)

If you won the Euro millions 109 million would you give any to NCFC and if you did would there be conditions?

I''m thinking I''d give 20-30 million but OH says it would have to be in the form of an interest free loan and a life long season ticket for the family. I''m thinking I''d like to get a better range of matchday pies in and would have someone graffiti (artistically of course) the concrete strip that goes across the boxes at the River and Barclay ends. (where we don''t have enough sponsorship)

Would also get them to redesign the shop as it''s still a pain on matchday.

Back to football matters of my 20-30 million I''m giving/loaning them 2/3rd would go in the player kitty. Would not want a say as to which players as it would be up to the manager to decide.

Now I am aware that many on here of course would donate the full £109 million but I''m greedy and want to keep some. Also aware that I wouldn''t be a billionaire so not sure all fans would even appreciate my 20 mill donation but I have put a lot of thought into this and think my offer is reasonable. WWYD?

I don''t think I''d give the club any, not at the moment. If we were close to going bust then I reckon I''d put some in to stop us from going under, but when we''re financially stable I wouldn''t bother to be honest. 20 million or so can easily be squandered in today''s market!

No I wouldn''t.

But I would buy myself the most expensive box in the stadium, on a 30 year lease, cash up front.

And I''d help out in other small ways.... if there are any sponsor boards left unfilled I''d fill them, with an ad for a charity of my choice.

If there were any players without kit sponsorship, such as kids or new signings, I''d sponsor them to fill the gap.

If we had a really important game in Newcastle, a relegation decider or something, I''d make sure that the players flew their in the finest private jet I could find to keep them in good condition.

I''d allow the club free use of my huge state of the art mansion to house potential new signings (Dunstan Hall is getting a bit grotty) or to woo sponsors.

I''d just up my level of fandom to match my finances, I wouldn''t be charitable.

I''d be tempted to buy Kings Lynn or something though and their ground, I''d give Huckerby the managers job and throw a bit of money at it to see if we could reach the conference or League Two!

Maybe sign a few Norwich old boys, I''d get him to sign Adam Drury in a year or two.

Its a hard one, although 100 million is a serious amount of money.

The problem is, (thinking logically) if you invest a large amount of money, your not going to get that back easily or quickly (especially mentioning things like buying expensive boxes, advertising boards, interest free loans) so it''d be a one time thing. I''d (again trying to think logically) try and invest a large amount of the £100 million into something thats going to make profit, invest some in NCFC, and keep investing as the profit rolls in. Obviously thats not a full proof plan.

Like the idea of buying Kings Lynn, something like that would be quite nice, your own little club, try and get a few divisions higher.

I''d build a small drop-in study centre for match days. It''d teach fans some basics such as...Your & you''reDefinitelycould have would have etc

I think I''d help out with a new stand or something.On a similar-ish note, it does frustrate me that clubs like Darlington drop 4 divisions into near-obscurity and those top 4-6 clubs are knee deep in the stuff. I''d like to think that all clubs, especially the smaller ones like Gorleston FC etc. can get the youngsters, both boys & girls into football and do something to resist this country getting any more fatter than it is!*** rant over ***

K Lo, mention of kids into the game is something I would be tempted to spend a bit of £100mil on. Not even at sort of conference level, but just something like a community team, or a local league or something like that. Not sure exactly how that would go, but something that encouraged kids to get into football somehow would be far more worthwhile, for me, than ploughing money into NCFC.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]I''d build a small drop-in study centre for match days. It''d teach fans some basics such as...

Your & you''re
Definitely
could have would have etc
[/quote]

If that was successfull perhaps you could build an extension to teach punctuation as well?

Or maybe not, eh?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Its a hard one, although 100 million is a serious amount of money. The problem is, (thinking logically) if you invest a large amount of money, your not going to get that back easily or quickly (especially mentioning things like buying expensive boxes, advertising boards, interest free loans) so it''d be a one time thing. I''d (again trying to think logically) try and invest a large amount of the £100 million into something thats going to make profit, invest some in NCFC, and keep investing as the profit rolls in. Obviously thats not a full proof plan. Like the idea of buying Kings Lynn, something like that would be quite nice, your own little club, try and get a few divisions higher.[/quote]

But would Buster sell?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]I''d build a small drop-in study centre for match days. It''d teach fans some basics such as...Your & you''reDefinitelycould have would have etc [/quote]

If that was successfull perhaps you could build an extension to teach punctuation as well?

Or maybe not, eh?

[/quote]Possibly. A module on multiple posts on message boards could prove popular.

Don''t worry Matt we''d still have £70 million left for family :-)

I''d put some money into things that will bring in long-term benefit. New stand to increase capacity and a serious investment in the training facilities.