Sign in to follow this  
Campbell

EPL Fair Play League Table

http://www.premierleague.com/public/downloads/publications/Fair%20Play%20Mar%2005.pdf

As you can see, we''re currently third...but the most worrying thing I can see is that our ''Respect towards opponents'' is the highest in the league. Respect opponents by all means, but I fear we give far too much respect and aren''t ''nasty'' enough when trying to get the ball back. We can chase all day, but we haven''t made nearly enough big tackles. The last big, crunching tackle I saw by a Norwich player was from Thomas Helveg...and how long has it been since he played? Says it all.

As for qualifying for Europe, I''m not sure I want us to qualify, especially if we''re in The Championship next season. I feel it could be a big distraction to our players, just as it was to Millwall''s during their brief run. I can see the positives, but if it''s going to affect our league performances, then I''d rather Tottenham went through via the Fair Play route.

What does everyone else think?

Fair play....bah humbug! before the season started I advocated kicking lumps out of the opposition or whatever it took to get us through the first season[I''m afraid pretty football comes later when the money''s arrived to pay for pretty point winning footballers]needless to say I was roundly slated on here for my negativity[remember dd?]1st season in the prem....kick arse and the ball goes past, make sure the player doesn''t, the gospel according to our blessed saint Duncan Forbes verse1 chapter1.We play in yellow lets have the cards to match!!

as i see it, we wont stand a chance in europe anyhow, so whats the point of worrying about it. Its too fair fetched to end up being any good. Lets just concentrate on either staying, or getting back into the premierleague

AJ is so true people we wouldn''t stand a hope in hell of getting anywhere in Europe even if we did qualify through the fair play league.

So what is the point in worrying about it? alright it might bring in some extra money but we aren''t gonna get any satisfaction out of being knocked out in the first round are we?

What a laugh. Sounds like Worthingtons after match interviews... the boy''s did well and played fairly and played their hearts out , it is not a *********** gentlemens club.

Even if we did qualify it would be against some no hoper team from Estonia which nobody could pronounce anyway !!!

Did we stand a chance of going anywhere last time we were in europe? NO we didnt !  Did it stop us from wanting to be there and enjoying it? NO it didnt !  Were we ever going to go to the San Siro and win? No we wasnt ! Were we so proud of our boys for what they had acheived in europe? YES we were ! So whats the fuss about? Or are the anti-europe posters to young to remember?

If I remember rightly we werent expected to win at all in europe. We were 50/50 for the first round, then we were altogether ruled out against Bayern.

And to be fair we had beaten the better team when we lost in the san siro. I think the only difference was Berkamp and Klinsman!

I think europe has become a little easier since then in some ways. And to be honest I would take the oppertunity with open hands. Mainly because it gives NCFC a chance to braodcast yella and green again and get paid to do it by sky.

Yet more money for the club for wages or something. We musnt loose out on a decent bit of business. It may end up being one of the factors that saved Portaloo Dump!

Lets stop whingeing about this and be proud - there are no prizes for chopping lumps out of the opposition nor for breaking legs - there are for being fair and playing the game properly.

We have always had a tradition of playing the game fairly and even if we go down at the end of this season our reputation will be enhanced because of the sense of fair play in our team.

Our reputation started in 1985 where just after the Luton Milwall riots the commentators said "Football needs something good to brighten its tarnished image" and Norwich and Sunderland fans between them produced a day to do this which is still remembered.

We enhanced it still further when playing in Europe Des Lynham''s comment on the Sports review of the year "we all went in to Europe with Norwich" i.e. We delivered performances that the Country was able to be proud of. 

An anorak will correct me if I''m wrong but I think that we won the fair play trophy the last time we were in the Premiership - only then it didn''t have the same potential for European qualification.

No Norwich players do not surround the ref nor do we fall over in the penalty box - and neutral supporters praise us for that - Delia says (and nobody contradicts her) that we have the best supporters in the world - and we do support the "best" team - One that plays with a spirit of sportsmanship and comradeship that has been engendered for years - its not an accident that all of the players from the Bayern Munich game were found easily and so many ex-players are kicking around Norfolk. This is our reputation and our brand - it is priceless.

Would you seriously surrender all this for another Season of Premiership boredom and a pot of gold? I wouldn''t.

OTBC

[quote]Lets stop whingeing about this and be proud - there are no prizes for chopping lumps out of the opposition nor for breaking legs - there are for being fair and playing the game properly. We have alw...[/quote]

bah humbug!

[quote]What a laugh. Sounds like Worthingtons after match interviews... the boy''s did well and played fairly and played their hearts out , it is not a *********** gentlemens club. Even if we did qualify it ...[/quote]

Ha, that made me laugh.

your going to be the next nolegs........