Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Bellamy in Olympic Squad

...so it says on beeb site. Not a bad ''over-age'''' pick, but it does seem this picking of all players Liverpool is not limited to England! It is also one of the three places gone that Holt might have had.

Holt wasn''t named in any of the Olympic provisional squads. So there was no chance of him getting in anyway. The choice of Bellamy makes no difference.

I wonder if Rio will get a call for the Olympics though.

I hadn''t seen the provisional squads but don''t imagine players have to come from them exclusively? I didn''t really expect Holt to be a pick.

Interesting mention of Rio for the olympics, wouldn''t mind that actually!

[quote user="AJ"]Interesting mention of Rio for the olympics, wouldn''t mind that actually![/quote]Maybe I''ll take some interest in the Olympic football then because as sure as hell I can''t find any enthusiasm for the Euros.Hodgson will crash and burn like McLaren... a like minded FA arse lick.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Holt wasn''t named in any of the Olympic provisional squads. So there was no chance of him getting in anyway. The choice of Bellamy makes no difference. I wonder if Rio will get a call for the Olympics though.[/quote]

Was Bellamy named in the provisional Olympic squads?

Good call Cluck.

I half thought about going to see a match at Coventry but the Olympic website wasn''t very forthcoming with ticket information.

Not that that should be a surprise to anyone.

Craig was a good player for us, he might have been a bit of a plonker elsewhere but well done to him.

I can''t actually believe the Euros start this week - I can''t recall a lower key start to a tournament in ths country''s media or among supporters, whether or not we are involved.

can we piece together this 18-man squad from some of the rumours we''ve seen and heard?

Bellamy,Beckham,Giggs

Butland,Amos,Richards,Smalling,Caulker,Gibbs,Rodwell,Cleverley,Ramsay,Bale,McEachran,Sturridge..........anymore??

Does that mean Rudd has a chance now Butland cant go?   Woudl be great for the lad.

V pleased with Bellamy going, Talent, pace experience and passion - and am assuming Giggs will be going too.   I am still v anti Beckham (over hyped, poor league, not up to the required standard) - but would love to see Rio win something after being deemed second best to a very poor John Terry - would also give experience through the spine of the team.

i''ve seen Neil Taylor of Swansea''s name mentioned too, although personally I thought he looked the worst left-back I saw first hand all season...........I guess the other couple of spare spaces will be taken up by a token Scot and N.Irishman ?

I doubt it will happen as he''s overage but it would have been good to see Ruddy get a call up as he missed the Euros!Bellamy may be a nutter off the pitch but he''s always 100% committed on it. Good call up.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I can''t actually believe the Euros start this week - I can''t recall a lower key start to a tournament in ths country''s media or among supporters, whether or not we are involved.[/quote]
Crazy isn''t it. I was talking about the Euros at the weekend and said "guess we''ll see in a few weeks", and then realised it starts in a matter of days, not weeks. Just crept up with pretty much no furore at all. Hopefully that''ll be a good thing and we''ll play with a bit of freedom with no pressure on us. Not expecting miracles, but maybe we''ll see a few encouraging performances from some of the younger lads that bode well for the future.

"I doubt it will happen as he''s overage but it would have been good to see Ruddy get a call up as he missed the Euros!"

Doubt his finger would be fully healed, rather he rested till pre season.