Sign in to follow this  
Frying Pan Eyes

Hughton odds 2/5

Could also be people in the know are putting money on Hughton so his odds shorten, boosting everyone elses odds. So they get better odds on the man coming in.?

[quote user="FourFourTwo"]Latest from BlueSquare:

Chris Hughton 1/2

Malky Mackay 5/1

Lee Clark 6/1

Steve Bruce 10/1

Tim Sherwood 10/1

Neil Lennon 12/1

Gus Poyet 12/1

Ian Culverhouse 14/1

Ian Holloway 16/1

Karl Robinson 20/1

Alan Curbishley 20/1

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 25/1

Paulo Di Canio 25/1

Mick McCarthy 25/1

Roberto Di Matteo 25/1

Alex McLeish 25/1

Alan Shearer 33/1

Gary Megson 33/1[/quote]Gary Megson?

Only thing I will say about this is that it does seem rather odd that McNally bothers to do an exclusive interview talking about European managers. Then the very next day we stroll into the Championship and appoint Hughton. Doesn''t make a lot of sense that. But it is an appointment I would be very satisfied with.

[quote user="safri_free_kick"][quote user="FourFourTwo"]Latest from BlueSquare: Chris Hughton 1/2 Malky Mackay 5/1 Lee Clark 6/1 Steve Bruce 10/1 Tim Sherwood 10/1 Neil Lennon 12/1 Gus Poyet 12/1 Ian Culverhouse 14/1 Ian Holloway 16/1 Karl Robinson 20/1 Alan Curbishley 20/1 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 25/1 Paulo Di Canio 25/1 Mick McCarthy 25/1 Roberto Di Matteo 25/1 Alex McLeish 25/1 Alan Shearer 33/1 Gary Megson 33/1[/quote]

Gary Megson?
[/quote]

[:D]

They''ve put no effort into these things.Any old name will.Roy Keane and Worthy were on another list i saw 

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="paul moy"]I don''t see us wanting to pay the compensation so no way will it be Hughton IMO.[/quote]

If this means anything it is possibly less that Hughton will be the next manager and more that he is our first choice and we have or will make a move for him. Compensation might be the problem, as it seems to have been with WBA pulling out, but I can''t imagine we think we can get Hughton without paying compensation. And Hughton is on a Lambert-style one year rolling contract rather than a fixed-term one.

[/quote]

If that is truly the case then Villa must pay us enough compensation to pay Hughton''s compensation. As we are in a higher League then in fairness we must have more due than Brum would have !!

[/quote]

Paul, if only the world worked that way...[:D]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Coral are offering 66s on ''Sex-Tape'' Jewell!!! **** off! [:O]
[/quote]

Doesn''t Jewell have the worst premier league record of all time after that season with Derby.

[quote user="Ncfc123"]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Coral are offering 66s on ''Sex-Tape'' Jewell!!! **** off! [:O][/quote]

Doesn''t Jewell have the worst premier league record of all time after that season with Derby.

[/quote]http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/top10s/978016/Top-10-worst-ever-teams-in-Premier-League-history.htmlYep!

Bookies are such frigging babies. As soon as it looks they might lose out they pick up their ball and take it home.

See, you did everything right there. You put the required information on the appropriate thread, and then you blew it by creating another one.....You''re going to be in trouble.......

[quote user="morty"]Bookies are such frigging babies. As soon as it looks they might lose out they pick up their ball and take it home.[/quote]

Ha it''s really selfish and pathetic in my opinion.You would almost think betting is a mug''s game and the dice are loaded in favour the bookies to make money wouldn''t you

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]See, you did everything right there. You put the required information on the appropriate thread, and then you blew it by creating another one.....You''re going to be in trouble....... [/quote]I can hear sirens

[quote user="Jacko"]

[quote user="morty"]Bookies are such frigging babies. As soon as it looks they might lose out they pick up their ball and take it home.[/quote]

Ha it''s really selfish and pathetic in my opinion.You would almost think betting is a mug''s game and the dice are loaded in favour the bookies to make money wouldn''t you

[/quote]Say its not true[:(]

All gossip of course but James Nursey of the Mirror is claiming that we are definitely considering Hughton. He states that a key player in the move could be Ewan Chester who is still at Birmingham with Hughton of course. Chester is very close to McNally and only allegedly left Norwich after a dispute with Lambert according to Nursey. All tittle tattle of course but worth a share I thought.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Birmingham fans seem v.concerned.But gotta check this link, scroll to near bottom and you will LOL.http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,949227,949247Guy posts a screenie of oddschecker near bottom, but spot he error in his post lmfao.[/quote]

[:D]Brilliant,what a tool!!

[/quote]
Lol - I don''t know why he bothers - he lives in Birmingham, if he wants to see fat chicks in next to nothing he only has to look out the window.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Birmingham fans seem v.concerned.But gotta check this link, scroll to near bottom and you will LOL.http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,949227,949247Guy posts a screenie of oddschecker near bottom, but spot he error in his post lmfao.[/quote]

[:D]Brilliant,what a tool!!

[/quote]
Lol - I don''t know why he bothers - he lives in Birmingham, if he wants to see fat chicks in next to nothing he only has to look out the window.

[quote user="Jacko"]

All gossip of course but James Nursey of the Mirror is claiming that we are definitely considering Hughton[/quote]

Not really even gossip that, Jacko. How much more vague and non-committal could he be ?

It''s like saying that "the possibility that it might rain at some time tomorrow cannot be ruled out".

I know that apart from who''s the latest England player to pull out of the squad, it''s a bit of a slow-news day chez the football journo''s until Friday evening, but that''s pretty ridiculous !

Yeah I think thats rather selective taking that just that bit of the post to be honest. He gives other reasons for it.

[quote user="Jacko"]

Yeah I think thats rather selective taking that just that bit of the post to be honest. He gives other reasons for it.

[/quote]

Sorry, Jacko. Not having a pop at you personally. You are right. The rest of your post makes some good points. I was just a tad amused by the vagueness  of Nursey''s language !

We''ve got a reported budget for the summer of in excess of £20m, why on earth would we not pay £2m for the most important ''transfer'' we''re likely to make in the next few years.