Sign in to follow this  
Frying Pan Eyes

Hughton odds 2/5

Solskjaer went this short for Villa for a day, interesting though, I would suggest this means he won''t be going to WBA so lots of people betting on him coming to NCFC

The odds simply reflect the amount of money be wagered rather than the bookiers being in the know. I hope it is Hughton but I would read anyhthing into this. PaddyPower was on talksport last week talking about another managerial vacancy (Liverpool) and said that "next manager" markets were amongst the most volatile of any they offer.

The odds are being cut drastically right across the board and that normally means something is going on.

I''m contemplating putting the £325 I won on Lambert going to Villa on Hughton, but I''m not getting that gut feeling.

Here''s what they said on Twitter:

BREAKING: We''ve suspended betting on Chris Hughton to become the next Norwich manager after a flood of bets this morning.

Current odds on William Hill:
Today       

1/3

Chris Hughton

5/1

Lee Clark

5/1

Malky Mackay

7/1

Steve Bruce

8/1

Tim Sherwood

12/1

Gus Poyet

12/1

Ian Holloway

14/1

Alan Curbishley

16/1

Ian Culverhouse

20/1

Mick McCarthy

25/1

Karl Robinson

25/1

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

25/1

Paolo Di Canio

25/1

Roy Keane

25/1

Rafa Benitez

25/1

Owen Coyle

25/1

Ray Wilkins

25/1

Nigel Worthington

25/1

Kevin Bond

25/1

Gianfranco Zola

33/1

Ian Crook

33/1

Gary Megson

33/1

Gordon Strachan

33/1

Alan Shearer

33/1

Roberto Martinez

33/1

Glenn Hoddle

33/1

Mike Phelan

Whilst it can sometimes be a good indicator - I think it''s often good to ignore betting.Think of Harry Redknap - the betting was ridiculous for him, and he didn''t even become the England manager.

That''s the gamble I guess it could be cobblers and it''s fueled by a frenzy of punters thinking it''s a cert.  Or it could be nailed on definite.

Wasnt it paddy power that suspended bettin on us signing Jordan Rhodes in January?it doesnt mean anything other then hes the one most ppl think will be the manager so they are just protecting themselves

Hughton is the known plan B, parhaps that is only just becoming known and betting has gone crazy, or perhaps this is almost a done deal. I would be happy with this, perhaps he would keep Cully in too.

I personally would be very happy with Hughton. A lot like Lambert he seems to get the best out of players he works with. 6 manager of the month awards and Championship title is a manager who certainly knows what he is doing.

Latest from BlueSquare:

Chris Hughton 1/2

Malky Mackay 5/1

Lee Clark 6/1

Steve Bruce 10/1

Tim Sherwood 10/1

Neil Lennon 12/1

Gus Poyet 12/1

Ian Culverhouse 14/1

Ian Holloway 16/1

Karl Robinson 20/1

Alan Curbishley 20/1

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 25/1

Paulo Di Canio 25/1

Mick McCarthy 25/1

Roberto Di Matteo 25/1

Alex McLeish 25/1

Alan Shearer 33/1

Gary Megson 33/1

[quote user="paul moy"]I don''t see us wanting to pay the compensation so no way will it be Hughton IMO.[/quote]

If this means anything it is possibly less that Hughton will be the next manager and more that he is our first choice and we have or will make a move for him. Compensation might be the problem, as it seems to have been with WBA pulling out, but I can''t imagine we think we can get Hughton without paying compensation. And Hughton is on a Lambert-style one year rolling contract rather than a fixed-term one.

Sherwood 8-1, seriously do these odds setters have any idea of the animosity there was between city fans and the man?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="paul moy"]I don''t see us wanting to pay the compensation so no way will it be Hughton IMO.[/quote]

If this means anything it is possibly less that Hughton will be the next manager and more that he is our first choice and we have or will make a move for him. Compensation might be the problem, as it seems to have been with WBA pulling out, but I can''t imagine we think we can get Hughton without paying compensation. And Hughton is on a Lambert-style one year rolling contract rather than a fixed-term one.

[/quote]

If that is truly the case then Villa must pay us enough compensation to pay Hughton''s compensation. As we are in a higher League then in fairness we must have more due than Brum would have !!