Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Good for Malky and good for us...

[quote user="Ncfc"]I like how he ruled himself out nearly 24 hours after McNally ruled him out :-) [/quote]Did McNally actually rule him out, or just say we hadn''t made an approach for him?

Shame. It was arguable whether he was the right man for the job and obviously you don''t know until he gets a Premiership job how he would turn out. But I always liked Malky, he has integrity not like some we could mention . Perhaps he will get the chance next time, when I hope his Norwich connections are regarded as a bonus and don''t get used as a negative against him just because Bryan Gunn was a flop.

Hopefully Malky''s being honest. I don''t want to see him back here. It could go badly wrong like with Gunn and after all he did for the club I don''t want to be booing him in 6 months time. No ex players please!

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Ncfc"]I like how he ruled himself out nearly 24 hours after McNally ruled him out :-) [/quote]Did McNally actually rule him out, or just say we hadn''t made an approach for him?[/quote]McNally said we were looking for somebody with top flight experience , that rules out the likes of Malky , and Lee Clarke .

[quote user="The Raptor"]Hopefully Malky''s being honest. I don''t want to see him back here. It could go badly wrong like with Gunn and after all he did for the club I don''t want to be booing him in 6 months time. No ex players please![/quote]

fully agree!

We need a manager who can take us forward for another 2-3 years... I believe the Malky''s, Hughtons, Clarks, Robinsons are right from that point. Next season is critical, we need clout in the maanger position and we should aim high. We have a great base for someone to push us on.

So, Malky Mackay has ruled himself out of the Norwich Manager job, and all without ever being invited to the post.

On the same basis I would like to announce that I am not available for any future vacancy as Director-General of the CBI, as Head of MI6 or as UN Special Envoy to The Middle East.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]So, Malky Mackay has ruled himself out of the Norwich Manager job, and all without ever being invited to the post.

On the same basis I would like to announce that I am not available for any future vacancy as Director-General of the CBI, as Head of MI6 or as UN Special Envoy to The Middle East.[/quote]

Reportedly, City approached Mackay earlier in the week. Looks like he was ''Plan B'' [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Note that Malky''s statement was made after McNally confirmed his intention to appoint someone with top flight experience. Following which, Malky''s done exactly the right thing by now nailing his colours to the Cardiff mast, but I''m under no illusion; Malky would walk from Cardiff to Carrow Road if offered the job.

Somewhat harsh as he is probably only allaying the fears of concerned Cardiff supporters........