Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Roberto Di Matteo?

I''d have him down here!

Got MK Dons into play offs in his first year as a manager.

Got WBA promoted at 1st attempt.

Won FA Cup and Champions League with chelsea with same squad which got beat 4-1 by Napoli just weeks before he took over.

Mk Dons - win percentage - 51.29

WBA - win percentage - 48.19

Chelsea  - win percentage  - 61.90

Career record of - P 156, W80, D35, L41, WIN% 51.28.

I know he is still in the Chelsea running but he will be out of contract at the end of the season and has also said he wont just do it for a year before Pep Guadiola comes in. Worth enquiring?

I''ve been saying the same thing to some Chelsea supporting friends! He doesn''t seem wanted anywhere, so why not? They suddenly get a humour bypass;)))))

Perhaps we''d pay slightly more than he''d get from job seekers allowance......

[quote user="The ambassador"]He just won the champions league. Do you seriously think he would join us?[/quote]Yes, if he doesn''t get the Chelsea job because his family are settled in England and there are not many other jobs available.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="The ambassador"]He just won the champions league. Do you seriously think he would join us?[/quote]Yes, if he doesn''t get the Chelsea job because his family are settled in England and there are not many other jobs managing a Premiership football club on the way up available.[/quote]Fixed it for you TC.I personally believe if RdM is serious about wanting to manage we would currently make a very attractive proposition for him indeed.

YES finally someone agrees with me on this, would be a superb appointment, but yes might not be able to afford him!

Much much much better option than Malky and the dame right stupid option of Bruce, Holloway, McCarthy etc!!!

Well his style of play wasn''t inspiring with Chelsea. I believe he just got them to play to their strengths which should be good ocnsidering all of them are about £20 million pound each. He seems a good motivator, we need that organization at the back to make it difficult for teams to score against us, got to beat three clean sheets next season.Going to be an exciting short week, we need both situations resolved, manager and Holty

[quote user="smooth"]Well his style of play wasn''t inspiring with Chelsea. I believe he just got them to play to their strengths which should be good ocnsidering all of them are about £20 million pound each. He seems a good motivator, we need that organization at the back to make it difficult for teams to score against us, got to beat three clean sheets next season.Going to be an exciting short week, we need both situations resolved, manager and Holty[/quote]Whilst that may be true, I think you are right in that he was just doing what was required at the time. His style of play at West Brom was certainly more attractive. I would definitely have him.If Chelsea don''t want him (and if they did, they would''ve hired him before now- if he gets the job it is only because they couldn''t get other targets) then he MIGHT be tempted by us. But with a Champions League on his CV, he might feel he could do better- and there would no doubt be bigger clubs calling within 12 months.

Would be a great appointment but I can see him getting a much better offer than us after just winning the champions League. For a start he''s still in the runing for the Chelsea job and they could take weeks to decide if they want him or not. I''m not sure I can wait too much longer. We need to get someone in quick before players and fans start to get restless. Bring some stability back to the club.