Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Who do you want as manager?

The strong contenders seem to be: Chris Hughton, Malkay Mackay, Steve Bruce, Tim Sherwood and Lee Clark. With a few others mentioned: Neil Lennon, Karl Robinson, Ian Hollaway, Gus Poyet. Possibly a few others.Who do you want then? I wouldn''t mind making a table of who people want and seeing if there''s a general consensus at all.For me - Chris Hughton.

I''m sure we''ve had this thread lots of times, so you''ll probably get told off...

But for the record, Poyet is my favourite, followed by Hughton then Robinson.

Paul Lambert - might be a bit tricky though as he''s just signed a new contract with Villa...
Failing that, Hughton, Poyet or maybe Curbishley.

Sorry to be pedantic Loopzilla, but could you please narrow it down to your 1 favourite?

[quote user="Peter Odemwingie"]Sorry to be pedantic Loopzilla, but could you please narrow it down to your 1 favourite?[/quote]
Difficult to choose but at a push, Poyet.

For me, Lee Clark. I know it''s a risk, but he has demonstrated his ability here and then on to Huddersfield. He has the advantage that no compensation would be involved, and he could start at once with considering transfers.

He is highly regarded as a thoughtful younger manager, popular with players, and he assembled much of the promoted Huddersfield side that went on a successful run before he was unfairly sacked. I think that they lost only 3 games in 55, which is probably better than Lambert''s record in the lower divisions.

Mark Robin''s seems to have headed towards the top of the betting odd''s whilst both Mackay and Hughton are clearly the two main fav''s for the job.

Hopefully McNally will sort this out asap, preferably by midweek... my hunch for what it''s worth is Karl Robinson or Solskjaer, might explain McNally''s trip to Norway last week (doesn''t Delia have a private jet) ??

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Karl Robinson
[/quote]

Why?

Surely this is an unnecessary risk for a Premiership club?

He''s only managed a League One side for two seasons - to limited success!

Robinson and Clarke are both unnecessary risks for us after first successful season in the Prem.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Karl Robinson[/quote]

Why?

Surely this is an unnecessary risk for a Premiership club?

He''s only managed a League One side for two seasons - to limited success!

[/quote]I know it''s a big risk, but then what Premier League experience did Lambert have before this season?So Curbishley, someone who has been out of the game for 4 years isn''t a risk?The least risky, realistic approach in my opinion would be Hughton, who is another one that I''d be very happy with instead.

Chris Hughton for me guys, 2nd choice Gus Poyet, go for it Mr McNally make me smile, again, as well pi--ed off with what''s going on at colney/carrow road at the moment.

I would love Alan Curbishley or Chris Hughton, The risk being curbs has been out of the game for 4 years, however he''s so experienced, and we would find consolidation if the risk paid of. 

Hughton or Curbishley, can''t pick between them.

If the job goes to anyone else, heres hoping its not Steve Bruce.. 

OTBC.